Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

That is a good choice, sales link is another, beta feedback, any of them. A polite message should be forwarded to the right people. 10,000 polite emails will lock them up and get their attention.
I as polite, I only used the 'f' word once
-kidding

Done, I'm sure we'll only get an automated email back explaining how wonderful it will be.
Which is why I do the others as well. Sales will read it hoping for a sale,

I think there is this belief here that there are a bunch of criminals [ As some here call them] flying DJI products .
Well flying over people and highways is not a criminal afence. And if we can quite calling it dangeras and criminal, then the public might not be so afraid of Drones. Most of you are your own worst enemy.

Ok when the MSM reports that a pilot seeing a drone out his window, they never give you the pilots exact words. He saw a drone out his window.[ A military drone] You cant see a quad copter when you are in movement.

I will sell my P3 if DJI goes with the GEO fence.

Last edited:
Yep. Good idea. I understand the intent, but really? I couldn't think of a worse way to implement it if I tried. I'm a little surprised all of these concerns didn't occur to DJI as they "prepared" this system. Are they that dense?

Agreed, but I am paranoid so I spread the wealth just in case he deletes them for some reason to hide something.
Tell him you don't like it
Tell sales that you are waiting to upgrade until it is settled without the bad restrictions
Ask support how you will get authorized if you have no cell service
etc

They already have, Maxwell.

I think there is this belief here that there are a bunch of criminals [ As some here call them] flying DJI products .
Well flying over people and highways is not a criminal awfence. And if we can quite calling it dangeras and criminal, then the public might not be so afraid of Drones. Most of you are your own worst enemy.

Ok when the MSM reports that a pilot seeing a drone out his window, they never give you the pilots exact words. He saw a drone out his window.[ A military drone] You cant see a quad copter when you are in movement.

Yep. Good idea. I understand the intent, but really? I couldn't think of a worse way to implement it if I tried. I'm a little surprised all of these concerns didn't occur to DJI as they "prepared" this system. Are they that dense?
Uh, in their country they must blindly follow the governments rules (exaggeration but you get my point) so they saw 'proposed' rules and ran with it.

Good point. But that's why they hire people like Brendan- and he hires people as well.

The problem is that many zones have little cell coverage. And many people only have wifi tablets. So let's say you are driving someplace or you aren't at home and you want to take a spontaneous picture or video- you simply can't. And every three days you need to re-authorize anyway.
DJI just removed all spontaneity.
So my cellular equipped iPad in a good coverage area, which is everywhere I travel, is a good investment? Only one click?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

A few clicks. Every few days. Assuming DJIs servers are always up.
Assuming you are always in a good coverage area.

If you ever want to laugh, go to the GEO map and activate the "warning zones". It's like the entire planet. Hilarious. Don't even know why they have it.

Reactions: Wibble
Every time I have flown I have had coverage even when I was in the middle of the dessert. So that's no concern. DJI's servers haven't been down once when I was flying so that also doesn't seem huge. I have noticed that the zones are not well conceived.. But even then I the worst case scenario. It would add one click to my preflight process.

Meh.. Not concerned.

If you ever want to laugh, go to the GEO map and activate the "warning zones". It's like the entire planet. Hilarious. Don't even know why they have it.
I did see that. Pretty unimpressed with the maps. Seems incredibly silly. Might as well just cover the entire state that I live in..

What's the game plan after you sell it.. Not sure that the entire industry won't be forced to place some control over flights.

No one is "forcing DJI" to do this. And just because you have a cellular capable tablet and are willing to pay monthly for a plan doesn't mean others want to do the same thing.

At this point, DJI is the only one putting these garbage maps and restrictions in their software.

No one is "forcing DJI" to do this. And just because you have a cellular capable tablet and are willing to pay monthly for a plan doesn't mean others want to do the same thing.

At this point, DJI is the only one putting these garbage maps and restrictions in their software.
Wasn't aware that DJI had released a new update, I thought that it was still a beta (test)

I imagine this is a pre-emptive move on DJI's part as they are the biggest fish in the pond...probably bigger than all the other fish put together. Make no mistake if the government has its way they will force ALL manufacturers into something like this.

Reactions: SixNinerTango
No one is "forcing DJI" to do this. And just because you have a cellular capable tablet and are willing to pay monthly for a plan doesn't mean others want to do the same.
I agree.. Those who this effects should sell their Phantom and buy a different model and stay away from DJI. There are a number of alternatives.

So far this doesn't effect me at all. As it isn't even in effect yet so I don't have to do anything.

So far it has 0 effect on me. When it does I will e appropriate adjustment. I just got back from flying didn't click anything.

....and it could be implemented much better. As I said prior, the intent might be good but the execution is ****. Look at the "green" warning zones in the map if you want to laugh.

I imagine this is a pre-emptive move on DJI's part as they are the biggest fish in the pond...probably bigger than all the other fish put together. Make no mistake if the government has its way they will force ALL manufacturers into something like this.

Fantastic for you "mojo". But it affects potentially millions of others around the world. Gold star for you!

I agree.. Those who this effects should sell their Phantom and buy a different model and stay away from DJI. There are a number of alternatives.

So far this doesn't effect me at all. As it isn't even in effect yet so I don't have to do anything.

So far it has 0 effect on me. When it does I will e appropriate adjustment. I just got back from flying didn't click anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West