Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

Yeah. If the Karma has a Lightbridge competitor as good as rumored and a good design and camera without all the restrictions, I'll definitely bite.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Fantastic logic:

"Yeah- the beta version and current implementation is a piece of dog ****, but it is a 'guess' whether the released version will be better".

And we all know the courts move at a rapid pace!

And all of these opinions are just that, a guess. The software is a 'beta', meaning they want people to try it and give feedback. So sign up and speak your piece. I guess that there will be limits on places unsafe to fly, but people should not be flying there anyway. As for the private party restricted airspace, UAS's are aircraft by FAA definition, I believe the courts would say something about people restricting aircraft.

Fantastic logic:

"Yeah- the beta version and current implementation is a piece of dog ****, but it is a 'guess' whether the released version will be better".

And we all know the courts move at a rapid pace!
True, but it is also a guess that it will be worse

I'm saying that even if it remains the same, it sucks donkey balls. And we have actual evidence as to its stupidity: it's current release. This is what they "envision".

I'm saying that even if it remains the same, it sucks donkey balls. And we have actual evidence as to its stupidity: it's current release. This is what they "envision".
Is it possible that they can remove some of the yellow?

I'm sure they will. But it is so bad now, and the constant pre authorization required takes away all spontaneity. The whole system would have to be re-done significantly for it to be reasonable and it doesn't look like DJI has any inclination to do that based on their responses.

So tell DJI (I did), That is what a beta is all about. IF they get a flood of complaints they MAY change it, but no complaints to them tells them that it is fine.

Reactions: sticky photography
I'm sure they will. But it is so bad now, and the constant pre authorization required takes away all spontaneity. The whole system would have to be re-done significantly for it to be reasonable and it doesn't look like DJI has any inclination to do that based on their responses.
I'm just seeing this stuff a little bit ago, so forgive my ignorance, can someone check in to fly from their phone a few minuted before takeoff? that would be spontaneous enough for me. also if they remove a bunch of the yellow and keep it in line with the FAA no fly zones, I would have a hard time seeing the negativity.
If the map stays the way it is now, I have zero reason for a distance flier. Lol

You don't think they have been flooded with complaints already? They don't care.

So tell DJI (I did), That is what a beta is all about. IF they get a flood of complaints they MAY change it, but no complaints to them tells them that it is fine.

The problem is that many zones have little cell coverage. And many people only have wifi tablets. So let's say you are driving someplace or you aren't at home and you want to take a spontaneous picture or video- you simply can't. And every three days you need to re-authorize anyway.
DJI just removed all spontaneity.

I'm just seeing this stuff a little bit ago, so forgive my ignorance, can someone check in to fly from their phone a few minuted before takeoff? that would be spontaneous enough for me. also if they remove a bunch of the yellow and keep it in line with the FAA no fly zones, I would have a hard time seeing the negativity.
If the map stays the way it is now, I have zero reason for a distance flier. Lol

The problem is that many zones have little cell coverage. And many people only have wifi tablets. So let's say you are driving someplace or you aren't at home and you want to take a spontaneous picture or video- you simply can't. And every three days you need to re-authorize anyway.
DJI just removed all spontaneity.
Ahhhh well, that's definitely a fair complaint

You don't think they have been flooded with complaints already? They don't care.
They are a business, they care about their bottom dollar. They are Chinese so understanding our ways is foreign to them. And no, I doubt that they have been "flooded" with complaints, most people don't get involved, they want somebody else to do it.
Role call; I politely complained to them, Who else here has?

They are a business, they care about their bottom dollar. They are Chinese so understanding our ways is foreign to them. And no, I doubt that they have been "flooded" with complaints, most people don't get involved, they want somebody else to do it.
Role call; I politely complained to them, Who else here has?
I have not yet, but will. I assume the support email?

I can't wait until DJI's server goes down one day. It's inevitable. Then guess what? No flying for anyone.

That is a good choice, sales link is another, beta feedback, any of them. A polite message should be forwarded to the right people. 10,000 polite emails will lock them up and get their attention.

I'd say that many emails to the specific man in charge of the whole mess is even more effective.

That is a good choice, sales link is another, beta feedback, any of them. A polite message should be forwarded to the right people. 10,000 polite emails will lock them up and get their attention.

Reactions: 4wd
Agreed, but I am paranoid so I spread the wealth just in case he deletes them for some reason to hide something.
Tell him you don't like it
Tell sales that you are waiting to upgrade until it is settled without the bad restrictions
Ask support how you will get authorized if you have no cell service
etc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka