Totally p###ed of with it all!

Dude you are ridiculous, first of all if you had problems with your drone without updating firmware they could void your warranty for that sole reason.

Most people do not have problems with the latest firmware.

But if you want to get rid of it, i will take it off your hands for 50.
Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
Thanks
Steve
I have had no problems since updating to the newest firmware a couple of days ago, you should be on the newest firmware anyway in case anything happens and your bird is damaged you will have better chances with DJI replacing it if it is not your fault AND you are on the most current firmware.

Dude you are ridiculous, first of all if you had problems with your drone without updating firmware they could void your warranty for that sole reason.
Waranty?
Warranty? DJI has a warranty? on the phantom? I don't believe it! I know they have a nice program to send out emails, telling you your issue has been solved, but I didn't know they had a warranty...:0

Just so you all know, I took the drone out just now. Hooked everything up, and got a message up in the safe to fly box "need firmware update". I put the controller down, disgusted, and took a walk down the beach. When I decided to come back, my phone said safe to fly. So apparently I don't have to download a new app every flippin time it comes out, I just have to wait a few minutes for the thing to realize what I'm doing. That's it then, I never have to download another app. I just have to be real careful and not destroy my phone, or I'll have to load an app on the new phone. And it'll be the newest one, the one that helps you fly in frigid weather. It was 75 here today. FRIGID!

I am confused by this fear of downloading an app.

It takes only a minute or 3 to install the app and Since November I have not had any new Apps.
is it possible you have a older phone that is some what at the edge of it capabilities.
You mention pc and cell as being your nemesis,
I think those are more the issue than the quad itself. It requires all 3 of those technologies to work together for all to play well.

While it is a "toy" it is one the most complex toys made when you sit and think about what it does and does real well.( for 99%)
Instead of "fearing" the tech , embrace it, learn it, and find out it pretty easy once you get past the "fear"

If you use it only every now and then , you will almost always be prompted to update to new FW.
that update just may be the one you need in your quad to keep it safe or add a new feature like better GS etc.

good luck and have fun flying

I like that DJI has updates to the firmware, shows the product is supported and either new features or undiscovered bugs will get fixed. to much tech in these things to have it all perfect from the start. know what you are getting into before you get into it... my 2 cents
"Beam Me Up Scotty" In Vulcan we have no needs for human logic !

It takes only a minute or 3 to install the app and Since November I have not had any new Apps.
is it possible you have a older phone that is some what at the edge of it capabilities.
I think those are more the issue than the quad itself. It requires all 3 of those technologies to work together for all to play well.

While it is a "toy" it is one the most complex toys made when you sit and think about what it does and does real well.( for 99%)
Instead of "fearing" the tech , embrace it, learn it, and find out it pretty easy once you get past the "fear"

If you use it only every now and then , you will almost always be prompted to update to new FW.
that update just may be the one you need in your quad to keep it safe or add a new feature like better GS etc.

I don't 'fear' anything. I'm just disgusted at having to constantly update a 'toy', that I bought months ago, from a company, dji, that cuts you loose it seems as soon as you buy the product. This is not an issue of my phone being to old or at the edge of its capabilities. Its an issue of leave me the hell alone. I don't need anymore updates. And, I am tired of certain people on here assuming that it must be the operator that is in error. I feel like you guys that have said things to this effect are armchair pilots, touting flying every day, which I do, but I suspect you don't. I am really sorry this site is full of you "excellent pilot" people, but I'm glad there are a few "good guys" thrown in in to counteract.

"Beam Me Up Scotty" In Vulcan we have no needs for human logic !
How long has it been,5 or 6 months since the standard came out, and how long has the phantom existed? And when can we expect this "work in progress" to be finished? I think we both know the answer to that.

How long has it been,5 or 6 months since the standard came out, and how long has the phantom existed? And when can we expect this "work in progress" to be finished? I think we both know the answer to that.
You my friend need to adjust your attitude here. First off, people were truing to help, maybe they don't quite understand your issue but they helped and you crapped on them. Secondly, every tech electronic device needs to be periodically updated, my watch, my computers, my TV's my everything needs an update sooner or later... or would you like to buy a product that stays the same even when improvements come along. If you don't want updates return it and buy a toaster. Do you update your phone? Maybe thats part of the problem.

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you sure about that?

Those of us that have had Phantoms for years know enough to not update immediately. I always check first to see if it is something that affects me, then I wait to see how it goes for those who have downloaded it. I don't update my iPhone or my Macs for the same reason.

Can anyone confirm or deny this the DJ I will void the warranty or offer you know help because you have not updated? I know when mine fell out of the sky the first and last thing they asked me was what firmware it was on like that was all that mattered. Can someone chime in

You my friend need to adjust your attitude here. First off, people were truing to help, maybe they don't quite understand your issue but they helped and you crapped on them. Secondly, every tech electronic device needs to be periodically updated, my watch, my computers, my TV's my everything needs an update sooner or later... or would you like to buy a product that stays the same even when improvements come along. If you don't want updates return it and buy a toaster. Do you update your phone? Maybe thats part of the problem.
I believe you are right. I like the hobby, but this blog changes from helpful people, to people, like you for instance, that believe I should sell my drone and buy a toaster. That is what I think I should do. This little club reminds me of the skydivers I knew years ago, ego's bigger than their parachutes.

I believe you are right. I like the hobby, but this blog changes from helpful people, to people, like you for instance, that believe I should sell my drone and buy a toaster. That is what I think I should do. This little club reminds me of the skydivers I knew years ago, ego's bigger than their parachutes.
Don't defend your horrible attitude, you are the one who is making your experience here unpleasant.

Reactions: kirk2579
Sounds good to me. Wait for me to call, oh and hold your breath while you wait.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl