Totally p###ed of with it all!

Reaction score
Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
Thanks
Steve

Reactions: aka1ceman
There will always be a small percentage that have problems. You only hear about problems in forums. The latest update apparently fixes a very nasty battery FW bug. Go fly, enjoy, have fun. The odds are hugely in your favor that all is fine.

Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
What exactly are you complaining about? It's not the same Phantom you sent in - it's much better.
The latest firmware, like most versions before is just fine.
You have no reason to complain as you haven't even tried it yet.
Yours is just another of the posts that cause people like you to wrongly believe that there's something wrong with updated firmware.
There have been many things fixed or improved since 1.1.9, including the woeful wavy horizon that other users haven't had to deal with since 1.2.6.
And no, you have no rights asking for money back.
Any company producing a product that has firmware will usually update your item returned for service because they continually upgrade firmware to provide the best user experience.

Does make me wonder when folks grumble about firmware when it's an improvement

Reactions: Carmach
Especially without even trying it or knowing if they are experiencing any issues. Sheesh.

Thanks
Steve

PM me
I'll bite the bullet and give you $100. I'll even pay the shipping fee.

Reactions: BigAl07
Bet if you're calibrate for now that you have it back all will get better. At the repair facility they calibrated for flying there. You need to do the same.

Thanks
Steve
[
I had a similar experience....in my case, when I received my P3A back it had the newer motors and control board....They admitted that what their repair notes stated and what occurred were not in agreement....The person I spoke with stated when DJI receives and sends out repairs they take pictures of the units and she stated the pictures taken of mine showed what they sent out was not the same as what they received.....I had no objection, but I noticed my range is not the same as it was before I sent it in...I have been on the phone with support, but haven't been able to resolve the issue with them yet.....

.... I feel for ya buddy. Your not alone. Many feel as you do. ( I am just waiting for someone to get pissed off enough to figure out how to roll them back)

Reactions: skyhighdiver
As a software developer the refusal to incorporate bug fixes, then complaining about them, it what I get pi##ed about.

look guys you cant roll back to 1.9 stop spitting your dummy out deal with it, try to stop complaining and have some fun flying!!

Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.

Let me see if I can break this down... they updated to the latest firmware, you've _heard_ of a few people complaining about it, so you want your purchase price refunded. Yeah, lets all do this with everything... like our cars. I've heard of someone saying their tires came off their car. I should be able to return mine for a full refund. Well, no I've not had any problem but I've _heard_ of someone that did.

You see the point?

This is an activity where you are always fighting gravity with technology. There are no guarantees.

If you want to sell, you could sell your used P3. They maintain their value very well. I suspect you'd be able to take a $200 - $300 hit and all it a day.

Sometimes upgrades do cause problems. It's the same with computers, cameras, etc. That's why I'm still running Windows 7 on my six year old laptop. I don't need the latest greatest. If something works I'm happy to stay with it. Like the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Over the last two days I updated the firmware on my P3A and RC. It was a pain in the ***. I'm finally am able to use waypoingt missions again with Litchi which had stopped working but there is a lot of static in the voice warnings. I'm going to try DJI Mission Hub. Does anybody know the difference between Mission Hub and Ground Station? The drone scene is changing so rapidly I'm in a tail spin. o_O

Reactions: johnp44
When kids buy a fast car or motorcycle and go kill themselves, do manufacturers slow them down, no they make the next model faster. Why give in to Big brother before you even hear them out.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I like that DJI has updates to the firmware, shows the product is supported and either new features or undiscovered bugs will get fixed. to much tech in these things to have it all perfect from the start. know what you are getting into before you get into it... my 2 cents

Reactions: HueJorgan
I think the point is , what's next?

Firmware will keep evolving and there will be some glitches. We'll just have to live with it but in the long run we will have a better product with more features.Really no different than new versions of Windows. Some of the versions have really sucked but after a while we learn to adapt while the kinks are worked out. I had a 35mm camera business for over 20 years and saw things come and go. Some complete disasters like APS came out and faded away. The idiots who developed that system should have consulted those of us that made a living doing repairs. I could have told those six figure income designers right away that it wasn't going to work. they could have paid me a small percentage of the billions spent on that project and I could have saved them a fortune not to mention the bad PR

Do you recall my reply to you in your thread on Dec.15 about this same topic? The default is for them to upgrade FW unless you request otherwise when you send it in.

Dji updated my p3p??? | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl