Totally p###ed of with it all!

Firmware 1.6 is going to save a lot of owners heartache. This is probably the single most important and best firmware update for the p3. Even better than the update that gave us our autonomous flights. Because this update will actually save Many many phantoms from disaster . Just my opinion.

Reactions: dirtybum
Firmware 1.6 is going to save a lot of owners heartache. This is probably the single most important and best firmware update for the p3. Even better than the update that gave us our autonomous flights. Because this update will actually save Many many phantoms from disaster . Just my opinion.

When do we get it? Will it be aircraft and RC updates?

I cant see much that they could do that would impact the drone as much as poi and follow me and all that stuff. I hope they leave it alone, maybe focus on cust service. That needs more than the app does. A hell of a lot more.

I cant see much that they could do that would impact the drone as much as poi and follow me and all that stuff. I hope they leave it alone, maybe focus on cust service. That needs more than the app does. A hell of a lot more.

I agree to some extent. Sometimes you need to slow down and look at the big picture. Ask yourself "Am I spending too much time on new features or should I spend more time perfecting what I already have?"

Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
Thanks
Steve
You are not alone, when i first purchased my p3a, i loved it and it has gotten consistantly worse with every update. I am affraid to fly it these days, big waste of money is what i think now

I am mostly pissed off that my P3A will not operate unless i upgrade to the latest update. That should be illegal . I used to love this quad, however with every update, the perfomance is worse and more unreliable. I recently saw a drone that had sensors to prevent collisions, does anyone have experience with these ? Are there any drones out there that do not have this continued update crap ???

I am mostly pissed off that my P3A will not operate unless i upgrade to the latest update. That should be illegal . I used to love this quad, however with every update, the perfomance is worse and more unreliable. I recently saw a drone that had sensors to prevent collisions, does anyone have experience with these ? Are there any drones out there that do not have this continued update crap ???
Pretty much anything commercial and focused on the hobby market is going to get hobbled. I'm presuming that DJI, especially, is being pressured by the US government and it's legal staff to make it as freaking idiot proof as possible. Which is, of course, a fool's errand. Idiots are much more resourceful than engineers.

To get away from this, you will either have to roll your own (and hope that the people that make the controller, ie, DJI, don't mess with that or go to a much more professional and expensive system.

Reactions: Dirby
Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
Thanks
Steve
Well, if you don't like the 1.6 update......just a wait a month,1.7 will be here before you know it ;-). It sounds like you have never done an upgrade, seems you're afraid of it, or technically not savvy enough to do it. Seriously, if you're not comfortable updating your craft firmware, and you don't have a friend that can help, this may not be the right hobby for you.

Please understand, firmware updates are a reality of this technology that's evolving rapidly. Features will change for various reasons, some bad, but mostly are good (That's the pattern I've seen).

I'll give you $550 for it.

Well, if you don't like the 1.6 update......just a wait a month,1.7 will be here before you know it ;-). It sounds like you have never done an upgrade, seems you're afraid of it, or technically not savvy enough to do it. Seriously, if you're not comfortable updating your craft firmware, and you don't have a friend that can help, this may not be the right hobby for you.

Please understand, firmware updates are a reality of this technology that's evolving rapidly. Features will change for various reasons, some bad, but mostly are good (That's the pattern I've seen).

Being a electrical engineer taking care of a 5 floor mail order returns centre controlled by a Plc system on my own from day to day I'm sure I can handle a a fw update on a rc quadcopter. I'm just a great believer in if it is not broken then don't fix it especially without my consent. I've always known 1 day I would update but not until I was happy with what I read in the forums and so far I have not.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
You are not alone, when i first purchased my p3a, i loved it and it has gotten consistantly worse with every update. I am affraid to fly it these days, big waste of money is what i think now

When I got my P3A about a month ago I was loving it and just flew with the DJI GO. app. I like the Litchi app for flying waypoint missions so when I felt comfortable with the new controller I laid out a waypoint mission. When I tried to start the mission the P3A started and climbed to 3 ft. and that was it. I was told to upgrade the firmware on the aircraft and controller. After a half day of frustration I got it done. I'm able to fly Lithi missions but the audible warnings are practically useless because of static. I'm going to try the DJI Mission Hub this weekend. Maybe at some point everything will get back to normal.

I don't mind updates. What I don't like is spending MORE TIME UPDATING than FLYING.
013.gif
:mad:
curse-1.gif
846.gif
50_b.gif

Wow, you must not fly much. Bad weather?

That, and a silly thing called 'working for a living'. I kinda have an aversion to seeing a roof over my head, food in the panty, crap like that.

I still contend they could leave all phantoms already sold alone. Let us update if we want(or if we're a technical genius, like this guy is) or not. Mine works fine. I don't need anymore stuff to clog the works.

And plus, I have received 0 support from dji c.s. from day one, so I figured I was on my own. But apparently not, with a new update every time I turn around. Just stop!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic