[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Sorry, if I was not clear but my "experiment" was not related at all to upgrade/downgrade. Experiment is for me as more or less what you describe, try this action during flight, see what happen and see then what the flight log says or try to brake a distance or speed record etc...
What I was meaning is I personally don't need to see what is in my flight records but to support others it is an important functionality that is gone with Go app 2.8.4. You are right that if it would be important to me a roll back to 2.8.3 would have done the job to be sure to have data if I lost my P3.

I know for a fact that I'm a freak for needing to see my flight data. It has become half the fun of flying altogether. I first began viewing it as dji taught me what it is not to trust certain manufacturers in this industry. Before it was known that some of us had access to read our data, you would be surprised what some pilots were being told for reasons why their a/c's crashed and would not be covered by warranty. Actually in the beginning dji had the app setup so that were would be able to view the DAT files. However, that never materialized leaving us only with being able to retrieve the files. And that is so we can send them to dji support in the event of a issue. If the DAT file size wasn't so large I'm sure they would upload the files from our aircraft like they do with all other data types. Anyway, I now only look at data to either see an issue with someone's flight, or to see how wind and speed has an effect on a V-nose I made for the front of my a/c for aerodynamics.

I can't thank @msinger , @BudWalker, and @ferraript enough for what they have done thus far.

Last edited:
I know for a fact that I'm a freak for needing to see my flight data. It has become half the fun of flying altogether. I first began viewing it as dji taught me what it is not to trust certain manufacturers in this industry. Before it was known that some of us had access to read our data, you would be surprised what some pilots were being told for reasons why their a/c's crashed and would not be covered by warranty. Actually in the beginning dji had the app setup so that were would be able to view the DAT files. However, that never materialized leaving us only with being able to retrieve the files. And that is so we can send them to dji support in the event of a issue. If the DAT file size wasn't so large I'm sure they would upload the files from our aircraft like they do with all other data types. Anyway, I now only look at data to either see an issue with someone's flight, or to see how wind and speed has an effect on a V-nose I made for the front of my a/c for aerodynamics.

I can thank @msinger , @BudWalker, and @ferraript enough for what they have done thus far.
Can only fully agree with you, especially with the thanks to these guys spending their time and keeping these tools open to everybody for free.

we are trying to figure out how to decrypt the data
no sucess so far
there is big chance that my tool will never work with this new version of logs
Don't say that, please .... :( would be too bad. All these tools are so good and useful and have helped a lot of people. That's so bad that DJI is not more open on such kind of subjects.

we are trying to figure out how to decrypt the data
no sucess so far
there is big chance that my tool will never work with this new version of logs

If it turns out that your tool becomes retired, I can only hope you once again use your talent and create a new tool!!! Let us know if need some donations or any other type of support to make it happen.

New version of GO app today V2.9.0 Sep 4, 2016, says bug fixing...
Made a dummy flight.
First it re-ask me my login to access the flight log.
Now I have my PH3Pm PH3A and 5 DJI aircrafts!
Of coarse no flights logs for these 5 gifts, but also no flight log for my dummy flight.
Searched in the file system and also no flight log :mad:
Ok, let's retry.
This time I made him going a little really up down and when back to flight log, there is a new entry, same as for the file on the disk.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com no success :mad:, thanks DJI !
Tried CsvView 0.9.7, same story ofcoarse :(

My hopes got a big flyaway.

New version of GO app today V2.9.0 Sep 4, 2016, says bug fixing...
Made a dummy flight.
First it re-ask me my login to access the flight log.
Now I have my PH3Pm PH3A and 5 DJI aircrafts!
Of coarse no flights logs for these 5 gifts, but also no flight log for my dummy flight.
Searched in the file system and also no flight log :mad:
Ok, let's retry.
This time I made him going a little really up down and when back to flight log, there is a new entry, same as for the file on the disk.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com no success :mad:, thanks DJI !
Tried CsvView 0.9.7, same story ofcoarse :(

My hopes got a big flyaway.

I've seen those little text tricks going on 3yrs now. I was looking at some from soon after we 1st got the P3 back in May 2015. They would say if we didn't upgrade now, we would not be able to later if we stayed with the current firmware version. Btw, we originally started out having to use inspire1 firmware.

I've seen those little text tricks going on 3yrs now. I was looking at some from soon after we 1st got the P3 back in May 2015. They would say if we didn't upgrade now, we would not be able to later if we stayed with the current firmware version. Btw, we originally started out having to use inspire1 firmware.

I agree basically with you, at some point it is our choice to upgrade or not.
DJI is also free to encrypt their log files if they see the need for it, I can imagine reasons for that. They could also put signature in the file to protect it against editing.
What I don't like is that some seems to get the needed info from DJI like healty drone (paid site) and not the one that offer free service.
Either a site a like healty drone bring a plus that has some value and can compete with free tools OR it is just that DJI got something in return and want to protect their source of $.

I agree basically with you, at some point it is our choice to upgrade or not.
DJI is also free to encrypt their log files if they see the need for it, I can imagine reasons for that. They could also put signature in the file to protect it against editing.
What I don't like is that some seems to get the needed info from DJI like healty drone (paid site) and not the one that offer free service.
Either a site a like healty drone bring a plus that has some value and can compete with free tools OR it is just that DJI got something in return and want to protect their source of $.

I can assure you that dji did not give anyone anything. For this particular setup here, the way he explained it to us was he used the wrong type of library reader to work in any different way from what he had to begin with. He also mentioned how his tool was a free one unlike others. That made his tool even more reason to not invest additional time. I've taken this as the tool will need a complete work over to function again. I could help to possibly find someone who might be able to help repair if I knew what the plan was.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT