[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

It means, that I have to say:
Thank you to you all!
H.

And sorry for my question, the .dat-file has the same procedure and the same key for encryption?
I haven't looked to see if the the P4 .DAT encryption scheme is related to the .txt encryption scheme. It will probably be a while before I can take a look. If you want to continue this discussion can we please move over to .DAT file for the P4? Thanks.

I haven't looked to see if the the P4 .DAT encryption scheme is related to the .txt encryption scheme. It will probably be a while before I can take a look. If you want to continue this discussion can we please move over to .DAT file for the P4? Thanks.

Hopefully some of these files will co-exist with one another. My fingers are crossed there are no issues with the Mavic here in a couple of weeks. Sure would help when doing aircraft comparisons.

Hi folks, I'm glad to present you the result of my work.
A lot of us have been unhappy, because until now, there was no offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter.
And after websites such as HealthyDrones and djilogs.com started to charge for their services, I decided I really need some offline converter. So I created it by myself.

It's quite simple, all you need to do is select input TXT file and output CSV file and press the GO button. There is also option to export JPG images, if they are present in the log.

I don't plan to add graphs, statistics or something like that.
My thanks goes to (for me) unknown person, who published some sources at this site, so I was able to put missing pieces together.

If you find any error, let me know.
Enjoy ;)

Notice 1: It is confirmed that the TXT logs of Inspire, and also TXT logs from iOS app, have a little bit different structure (not known to me), so, please, don't be surprised when you see some strange values

Notice 2: Some of you requested the structure of the TXT log, so, here you have it too

Notice 3: Tool can be also run from command line like this, example:
TXTlogToCSVtool "C:\temp\inputFile.txt" "C:\temp\outputFile.csv" J I
It will try to read inputFile.txt and write the output into outputFile.csv.
Optional parameters:
J ... it will also export JPGs, if they are present in the log
I ... imperial units will be used

actual version is from 2016/10/03
Hi,

Where do I find the text file. Sorry for the question, but I am a beginner.

Hi,

Where do I find the text file. Sorry for the question, but I am a beginner.
Are you referring to the .txt flight log file?

The file you need is in the device you have the GO app loaded on. You must connect that device to your computer and search for a folder named DJI.
Open the DJI folder and locate folder dji.pilot.
Open the dji.pilot folder and locate folder FlightRecord.
Open folder Flight Record and scroll near the bottom of the page and look for the txt file matching the flight in question. That file will look similar to this:
"DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-23_[19-22-40].txt"

At this point save a copy of that file to a folder on your desktop or any area easy for you to locate later on.
Once that step is complete you are finished with the device and can close it and remove it from your PC.

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I need to sort out the connection of my Ipad to my PC. At the moment i can`t see any files on my Ipad.

The info I just gave you was for android devices.

new version is out
it contains many new columns, that are present in logs from DJI GO 3.0.1

the tool is compatible with Mavics' logs too, but there are at least two known records, that are not present in the logs: CENTER_BATTERY and DEFORM
so this is not the bug in my tool, those records are just missing in the Mavics' TXT logs

Reactions: Hans 75
Do you have a list of the columns you added?
OSD.isGPSused
OSD.isMotorBlocked
OSD.isPropellerCatapult
OSD.isGoHomeHeightModified
OSD.isOutOfLimit
OSD.motorFailReason
OSD.ctrlDevice
GIMBAL.isPitchInLimit
GIMBAL.isRollInLimit
GIMBAL.isYawInLimit
GIMBAL.isStuck
RC.isWheelChanged
RC.wheelOffset
RC.wheelClick
RC.bandwidth
CENTER_BATTERY.totalStudyCycle
CENTER_BATTERY.lastStudyCycle
CENTER_BATTERY.isNeedStudy
CENTER_BATTERY.isBatteryOnCharge
RC_GPS.accuracy (renamed from RC_GPS.unknown)
HOME.isReachedLimitDistance (renamed from HOME.isReatchLimitDistance)
HOME.isReachedLimitHeight (renamed from HOME.isReatchLimitHeight)
HOME.courseLockAngle
HOME.isFlycInSimulationMode (renamed from HOME.simulatorOpen)
HOME.isFlycInNavigationMode (renamed from HOME.navigationOpen)
HOME.isWingBroken
HOME.isBigGale
HOME.isBigGaleWarning
HOME.heightLimitStatus
HOME.useAbsoluteHeight
HOME.forceLandingHeight

Awesome...now we're around 183 individual data columns to use for analyzing.

Btw, I ran my most recent flight from my P3P and in the AO column OSD.isMotorBlocked shows the value "True". At no time was my Motors Blocked.

Hi ferraript,

May I ask a small feature? I use the tool from command line and not from GUI, so when it stops with an error, they wait till somebody click on OK.

I simple -force to go over and end will be very helpfull!

Many thanks and congrats!

SilaS

Hi ferraript,

May I ask a small feature? I use the tool from command line and not from GUI, so when it stops with an error, they wait till somebody click on OK.

I simple -force to go over and end will be very helpfull!

Many thanks and congrats!

SilaS
I thought I disabled all those kind of messages when the tools is used from command line, but maybe I missed something
can you tell me exactly, how are you running it (what parameters) and what message is on output?
you can also attach the TXT that causes the problem

I thought I disabled all those kind of messages when the tools is used from command line, but maybe I missed something
can you tell me exactly, how are you running it (what parameters) and what message is on output?
you can also attach the TXT that causes the problem

Yes of course: "wine /opt/contentFolder/djiFlightLog/TXTlogToCSVtool.exe $txtfile $csvfile J"

I am using it under linux, therefore use wine 1.7.55

I attached a log, which fail! and the output

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-09-03_[09-20-10]_497_0.txt
    464 KB · Views: 353
  • Képernyőkép – 2016-11-07 00-45-55.png
    Képernyőkép – 2016-11-07 00-45-55.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads