[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

new version is out
- the tool should be able to convert incomplete flightlogs
- 8 new columns added: motor1EscmState .. motor8EscmState (most probably for Mavic only)

Hi,

Something there is left! Check the log, which producing this output! I can test the tool well. I have more then 4000 logs :)

upload_2016-11-13_22-20-18.png

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-13_[15-13-31]_510_0.txt
    4 KB · Views: 233
Hi,
Something there is left! Check the log, which producing this output! I can test the tool well. I have more then 4000 logs :)
that file is either corrupt or it has different number-type in CUSTOM.distance
all I could do was that I am now checking for NotANumbers and I am then setting them to 0
fix is in new version

Many thanks! I implemented soon a crash detector. But, if You want to handle all of possible crashes (which is absolut normal on so many kind of logs) I can forward this for You....

Hello,
I already asked the following question in the thread regarding CsvView and I was told to try it here too, cause conversion txt=>csv is done using this converter here.

I'm testing to use TXTlogToCSVtool to trancode the .TXT files into a .CSV file and than load this .CSV into Dashware. I know that also Healthydrones.com is offering these option, but I want to test which of both versions creates more detailed .csv logs.
I think it is TXTlogToCSVtool, but it would be great if I could compare the results with the standard gauges of Dashware.

How to use the standard gauges of Dashware? (Not the ones which are present in the Dashware profile of DatCon). Does somebody have an idea how to make them work or has a working profile to put into some of the Dashware folders?

Either way you look at it @schach is going to have to learn parts of dashware to at least understand why there is not a following of users that doesn't already have a lot of things already created. If there was a hardcore supporter of dashware we would likely not have seen so many move on over time. Updating dashware and keeping it updated would be very beneficial to achieving a large group of followers. If I could remember the current owners contact info, I would see what if any his goals are for dashware.

@ferraript:
I analysed the .csv-Files being created with your great tool! Very detailled, thanks a lot for your work :)

But I've got trouble with one value: I want to know the height above sealevel of the Home-Point or of the actual position of the drone. The drone's sealevel could be easy calculated by adding the drone's relative altitude above homepoint + sealevel of homepoint.

I just found one value which probably is dealing with sealevel in the .csv file: "HOME.height [m]"
But I compared these value of several different Log files, and all of them are dramtically wrong (50-200m) compared the the correct sealevel of the homepoint's location.

Do you know if the Phantom is really writing a Sealevel height of the starting point in its .txt file? Is it possible that theres an alternative value in the .txt file which your script isn't transcoding yet? And/or would it be possible to determine a better sealevel-height of the home-point using an online-service like Google by sending the homepoint's coordinates and receiving the belonginh height as answer and using this heigh instead of the wrong one of the drone's .txt file?

schach: real world altitude isn't present neither in TXT logs nor DAT logs
I believe that as soon as Phantom gets first GPS fix, it sets homepoint's height to that obtained altitude and that's all, it never resets it again during the flight - then it uses barometric sensor only
so that's the reason why the altitude is always off by so much
at least that offset is constant during the flight

I don't know about any easy way to get the correct altitude data
and nobody asked for it until now you do
maybe in the future I'll come with something, if there are more requests

schach: real world altitude isn't present neither in TXT logs nor DAT logs
I believe that as soon as Phantom gets first GPS fix, it sets homepoint's height to that obtained altitude and that's all, it never resets it again during the flight - then it uses barometric sensor only
so that's the reason why the altitude is always off by so much
at least that offset is constant during the flight

I don't know about any easy way to get the correct altitude data
and nobody asked for it until now you do
maybe in the future I'll come with something, if there are more requests

Would it be possible to take the HOME point Lat & Long reading and used in google earth can display that points elevation reading.

Btw, not long ago when we had more faith in flytrex, they used similar to what the P3 now uses being a barometer, temp. Their data logger would show the correct elevation maybe 60% of the flights using the little add-on.

Last edited:
First of all, a big thanks to ferraript and everybody else who contributed to this project, this converter is exactly what I was looking for! I'm a big fan and long-time user of Dashware and I just joined the DJI family, so of course I was very curious to see what logs could be extracted from my Phantom 3 Standard. Pretty amazing, I have to say... 10HZ and 200+ parameters... wow... a Dashware dream!
I might be missing something, but my converted log doesn't seem to provide any compass-related info. I know the heading can be derived from GPS coordinates, but I was wondering if the aircraft compass reading is logged somewhere, maybe under an not-so-obvious name. Thanks!

Last edited:
First of all, a big thanks to ferraript and everybody else who contributed to this project, this converter is exactly what I was looking for! I'm a big fan and long-time user of Dashware and I just joined the DJI family, so of course I was very curious to see what logs could be extracted from my Phantom 3 Standard. Pretty amazing, I have to say... 10HZ and 200+ parameters... wow... a Dashware dream!
I might be missing something, but my converted log doesn't seem to provide any compass-related info. I know the heading can be derived from GPS coordinates, but I was wondering if the aircraft compass reading is logged somewhere, maybe under an not-so-obvious name. Thanks!

All the data is there, it just has different terminology. Yaw is your compass reading. Btw, you might try not making it a habit of asking what each data column refers to because I don't think anyone knows the answer to all of them.

Also on the Yaw there is a 360 degree option you can select from a check box. If not checked the column will display as 180 degree type setup.

In case you don't know...but there is a somewhat similar setup for the .dat flight log files.

Last edited:
All the data is there, it just has different terminology. Yaw is your compass reading. Btw, you might try not making it a habit of asking what each data column refers to because I don't think anyone knows the answer to all of them.

Also on the Yaw there is a 360 degree option you can select from a check box. If not checked the column will display as 180 degree type setup.

In case you don't know...but there is a somewhat similar setup for the .dat flight log files.

I was searching for "compass" or "heading", and completely missed the yaw reading... thanks for pointing that out and making me realize the obvious! As for DAT files, I just discovered DatCon and CsvView, and I have all intentions to look into them as well, but for now TXTlogToCSVtool gives me plenty to play with...

Just wait until you see how we use dashware gauges and templates as tools to view data.

Here is one saved by Luap

Impressive stuff, no doubts, the amount of data that the Phantom dumps into those logs is really amazing. I'm working on my own Dashware Data Profile, matching the TXTlogToCSVtool output and tailored for the P3S (and my needs), will definitely post it once it's ready for public consumption.

Reactions: Digdat0
Impressive stuff, no doubts, the amount of data that the Phantom dumps into those logs is really amazing. I'm working on my own Dashware Data Profile, matching the TXTlogToCSVtool output and tailored for the P3S (and my needs), will definitely post it once it's ready for public consumption.

That's what we all had to do. I do know that none of my profiles are updated with the TXT2CSVtool. I have made some gauges that never gets updated.

Great tool, but I cannot find the "meters above sea level". Any hint?

Sorry, I have overseen that it was already discussed.
However, wenn I convert my .txt logfile at healthydrones.com I get a CSV file wich definitley has very accurate data in meters above sea level. For me this is very interesting.
I assume that healthydrones calculates these date from the GPS data.
Any idea how to insert this information into the csv file we get from the converter offered here?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl