CsvView - an app that visualizes .csv files

Yes, there will be more signals added. It's really easy to do but I haven't gotten around to it because there are decisions to be made about what to include and what to name the signals. Look in the file txtSignals.xml to see what is already defined. You can even experiment by modifying this file and trying it.

I have to hope you have a easy way to add the txt signals. Btw, are yu working with multiple txt converters that you have a number of names to deal with?

I have to hope you have a easy way to add the txt signals. Btw, are yu working with multiple txt converters that you have a number of names to deal with?
The only way to modify, add, remove, etc a signal is by making changes to the txtSignals.xml or datSignals.xml files. Another way to look at this is that making changes to signals is easy since it doesn't require that code be modified.

When the first non-beta version is distributed the xxxSignals.xml files should have everything the end user requires. Most end users won't modify the xxxSignals.xml file because they won't need or want to. I can only think of a few reasons an end user would want to do this.
1) They want to change a signal name, e.g. instead of "homePointLongitude" they want "HPLong"
2) They have done some special calculations and added them as columns to the .csv. Adding signals for those columns in the xxxSignals.xml file the will allow CsvView to display those signals.
3) They have a new converter and want to use CsvView.
4) They want to contribute in the specification of the xxxSignals.xml file.

The xxxPlayers.xml files are different. The plan is that after a SigPlayer is populated with the desired signals then prototype for that SigPlayer can be saved in a file similar to the xxxPlayers.xml file. The saved prototype will then appear in the list of available SigPlayers; i.e. CsvView is being used to edit the available SigPlayers.

I'm not sure what your last question was. CsvView only knows about the .csv for one txt converter. There doesn't seem to be any reason for accommodating other txt converters since TXTlogToCSVtool knows about all the columns in the other txt converters and then some.

First off, this tool is really amazing. It enables quick graphing of data which is super nice. Thank you for putting this together. You should re-brand it the "Phantom Data Visualizer Utility". Some enhancements I would love to see it in imperial rather than metric.

In the txtSignals.xml, i added and removed a few. i think you should add these ones by default.

added
SMART_BATTERY.voltagePercent
SMART_BATTERY.battery
SMART_BATTERY.volumeConsume

removed
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell5 removed
CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell6 removed

can you speak a bit more about what the GEO thing is in the TxtPlayers.xml file?

I added a few new defaults into the TxtPlayers.xml as well. sharing below for others to see.

upload_2016-7-31_20-3-11.png

I cant seem to attach it, so here's the Drop Box (rename to xml and copy in the install dir) Dropbox - txtPlayers.xml.txt

First off, this tool is really amazing. It enables quick graphing of data which is super nice. Thank you for putting this together. You should re-brand it the "Phantom Data Visualizer Utility". Some enhancements I would love to see it in imperial rather than metric.

In the txtSignals.xml, i added and removed a few. i think you should add these ones by default.

added
SMART_BATTERY.battery

removed

can you speak a bit more about what the GEO thing is in the TxtPlayers.xml file?

I added a few new defaults into the TxtPlayers.xml as well. sharing below for others to see.

View attachment 61185

I cant seem to attach it, so here's the Drop Box (rename to xml and copy in the install dir) Dropbox - txtPlayers.xml.txt
First of all, this is great! You spent a lot of time and have made some great contributions. Since there is a lot here I'd like to split my responses into different posts.

I've added the txtSignals and txtPlayers that you added. I forgot which but there was one signal that I had an extra space on the end; I changed that. Your additions will be in the next version.In the mean time my changes to your changes are in the attached .zip that contains the txtSignals.xml and the txtPlayers.xml.

I also noted that you changed the names of a few signals. When I generated the skeleton for the txtSignals.xml it had the name equal to the colName for each signal. The colNmae can't be changed since it refers to the column name in the .csv and that won't change. It doesn't matter since the end user doesn't see this anyway. Name, on the other hand, is the reference the end user has to the signal. IMHO a name like "CENTER_BATTERY.voltageCell1 [V]" should be changed to something like "Cell1 Volt".

I'm hoping this is the start of a discussion that results in a set of names that will be acceptable to everybody.

Attachments

• txt.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 349

added
SMART_BATTERY.battery

removed

View attachment 61185

The reason that "Cell Volt5" and "Cell Volt6" exist is to accomodate the Inspire which has 6 celll batteries. The .csv generated by DatCon and TXTlogToCSVtool both have these fields. CsvView "fails" gracefully if the user includes on of these signals and it's empty; it just informs the user in the log area.

An imperial version is going to be tough. DatCon would have to be changed to make imperial an option and I've avoided doing that. The command line version of TXTlogToCSVtool generates metric. We'd have to ask @ferraript if imperial could be added as an option. But, I'm not keen on this. A GUI option would have to be added that would allow the user to say that imperial is the default. CsvVIew already detects the .csv format; I suppose that could be changed to detect if it's looking at a TXTlogToCSVtool/imperial .csv. But, then we'd need xxxSignals.xml and xxxPlayers.xml files for the imperial version. These would need to be kept in sync with the (existing) metric version. All in all it's a lot of work for what I think is probably a small number of users that really want this. We can talk though.

The GEO section in the txtPlayer.xml is the specification for the GepPlayer. There is one similar to it in the datPlayers.xml file.

The GeoPlayer in 0.9.5 doesn't have the Google Earth image behind the track that's displayed in the GeoPlayer. Version 0.9.6 will have this
upload_2016-8-1_17-7-38.png

Look familiar? The use will be required to get a free API key from Google to make this feature work.

Reactions: Digdat0
Beta 0.9.6 is available. Obtain it by going here.

Beta 0.9.6 Release Notes
1. GoogleMaps has been added to the GeoPlayer. To use GoogleMaps the user has to obtain a key from Google. CsvView guides the user in obtaining this key.
2. Zoom has been changed from mouse drag an area to zoom in. Now the mouse wheel is used.
3. Several bugs have been fixed.
4. SigPlayer does a better job of assigning colors to traces.
5. txtSignals.xml and datSignals.xml have been cleaned up some.

upload_2016-8-9_13-31-47.png

Last edited:
*double post

Last edited:
I'm unable to paste in the Api Key. Is there some type of work around?

Instead of copy and paste you could try typing the key.

I'm lazy. It's around 35 key punches with lower case this and upper case that...LOL! Is it a permission issue not recognizing the right click, or?

How about using CTRL+C and CTRL+V instead?

I'm lazy. It's around 35 key punches with lower case this and upper case that...LOL! Is it a permission issue not recognizing the right click, or?
All I can say is that 6 other users have reported being able to get a key and use it. I haven't heard anyone else report this problem so I'm assuming there others besides those 6 who don't have this problem. I'd rather wait until another user reports this problem before trying to determine why you can't copy and paste the key.

How about using CTRL+C and CTRL+V instead?

Thanks Mike, a true asset! I learn something new each day. Must be another firefox ordeal?

All I can say is that 6 other users have reported being able to get a key and use it. I haven't heard anyone else report this problem so I'm assuming there others besides those 6 who don't have this problem. I'd rather wait until another user reports this problem before trying to determine why you can't copy and paste the key.

I guess nobody ever said you had to be nice.

"All I can say is....."

I will may have to remember that one. The next time the wife says "Honey I'm having trouble figuring something out, can you help me?" How's it go again BudWalker? Oh yeah......"All I can say is...." ....6 other wives in the neighborhood were able to figure it out.

I'm just messing with you BudWalker, its all good! *two thumbs up*

Thanks Mike, a true asset! I learn something new each day. Must be another firefox ordeal?

I guess nobody ever said you had to be nice.

"All I can say is....."

I will may have to remember that one. The next time the wife says "Honey I'm having trouble figuring something out, can you help me?" How's it go again BudWalker? Oh yeah......"All I can say is...." ....6 other wives in the neighborhood were able to figure it out.

I'm just messing with you BudWalker, its all good! *two thumbs up*
I'm curious. Is there another way to do copy and paste besides CTRL-C and CTRL-V? I just assumed that's what you were doing.

Many software allows text to by copied/pasted by right-clicking it.

Btw
Many software allows text to by copied/pasted by right-clicking it.

That's the only way I ever knew how. First highlight, then right click and a menu pops up, select the text Copy, go to where you want the copied text and again right click, the menu pops up and select Paste.

Btw, My GeoPlayer seem to work before getting a Key. Also, after installing the Key there was no change in the GeoPlayers function.

Other then viewing the flight, is there some other functions it should be doing?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj