[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

That was discussed just a few posts ago. There is no ASL data inside logs. And I can't think any use of that data anyway.

I can see great use for that data info. I would also prefer to see it live in flight. I live near a 100ft drop-off to a valley below. So when I launch from Home Point behind my house and ascend up to a 200ft altitude and then fly over and above this valley, of course it remains at 200ft on the on-screen display in the GO app. It needs to be at 300ft.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but I would tend to think that our Flight Logger provides the data needed to put together some type of elevation data?

new version is out
- some bugs were fixed - zero or invalid values in latitude/longitude are now saved as blanks
-- this automatically fixes invalid 'travelled distance' values (in case that latitude/longitude jumped from 0 to real data)
- added new field 'start Altitude' (default 0) in advMode and new column 'OSD.altitude'
-- so if you know the altitude of start point, fill it and you'll get real altitude in csv ... in meters only

new version is out
- some bugs were fixed - zero or invalid values in latitude/longitude are now saved as blanks
-- this automatically fixes invalid 'travelled distance' values (in case that latitude/longitude jumped from 0 to real data)
- added new field 'start Altitude' (default 0) in advMode and new column 'OSD.altitude'
-- so if you know the altitude of start point, fill it and you'll get real altitude in csv ... in meters only
Thank you. Works great now.

Very nice!....Well done.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed yet or not, there is 3 sections of data columns not displaying any data, in the Mavic flight log. Below I added the names of each section; and the number of empty columns in those sections.

-CENTER_BATTERY.
23 non working columns
-DEFORM.deform
5 non working columns
-RC_GPS.
8 non working columns

yeah, that was already announced before

I forgot all about that post. And now that I'm deep into the flight logs not having the battery details is a setback. I would like to think the names of the data has changed from usual group of aircraft.

I forgot all about that post. And now that I'm deep into the flight logs not having the battery details is a setback. I would like to think the names of the data has changed from usual group of aircraft.
unfortunately that's not the case
fortunately, those data (at least battery info) is present in the DAT logs, so you'll just need to wait until BudWalker upgrades his DatCon/CsvView ;)

Can't say specifically about the ZIP file you mentioned, but I ran into a similar issue (zip "loop" on Mac) and I solved it quickly by using one of the several online unzip utilities: can't remember which one I used, but I uploaded the zip file and the site basically gave me a downloadable list of all its content.

EDIT: this was in response to the post above, before it was edited. It was about being unable to unzip flight records on a Mac.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed yet or not, there is 3 sections of data columns not displaying any data, in the Mavic flight log. Below I added the names of each section; and the number of empty columns in those sections.

-CENTER_BATTERY.
23 non working columns
-DEFORM.deform
5 non working columns
-RC_GPS.
8 non working columns

_BATTERY_PRODUCT_DATE also missing!

Hello,

I am experiencing trouble using this utility via IIS. Are there any dependencies? Or is there any other documentation? Locally, it runs fine. IIS, seems like it's running it, but doesn't actually extract the files.
Please let me know.
Thanks,

Why would this tool extract files as it is a Converter? Either you don't understand what the program was created for, or you don't know how to use it.

It converts your saved .txt flight log files to a readable .csv format using Excel.

Ben Parnau, why exactly are you trying to run it via IIS?

Ah. Thanks for confirming. I figured you were cooking up some type of automation process.

Oh, I guess I didn't fully understand. So you're implying that it actually uses "Excel" to convert the .txt file. (Which would explain why it works for me locally. e.g. I have Excel installed) And when I try to run it via IIS, (where I don't have Excel installed), it doesn't work. So it requires "Excel"? Anything else? Also, thank you!

The air craft logs flight data and saves it as a .txt file. The data at this point is not readable and that is where this tool comes in. It converts the .txt data and save it as a .csv file. Excel is used to open and read the .csv file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4