[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Three questions for ferraript (although I feel I should call you "Mr Ferraript" or "Sir"!):

1) Is it just me or are some fields missing from Friday's update? For example RECOVER.batterySn, DETAILS.city & DETAILS.area.
2) Would it be possible to have a "-ver" command line option, to return a version number, or build date?
3) Is there any way of obtaining height above sea level (MSL) rather the height above launch point?

1)
partially you answered this by yourself
until now I thought that those fields are missing in Mavics' logs (regardless of DJI GO version), but if you say that DJI GO 4 doesn't fill those fields, ok

2)
actually lately I came to the conclusion that command line option was not a good idea, because as I wrote few weeks ago, I don't want my tool to be used by 3rd party for any commercial aspect
so answer is no, there will be no new command line switches and as soon DJI (or somebody/something else) gives me any motive, command line option will be entirely removed

3)
only if you fill starting altitude manually by yourself
it was announced here few posts ago

some of those logs are broken - they contain neither header nor detail section - let me ask you, is DJI GO able to show flight records out of them? because I believe it isn't
anyway, I was able to adapt my tool so it can read those logs - but, I can't guarantee it will read all broken flightlogs
so enjoy ;)

Thanks for responding so quickly. It turns out you were right, logs that don't convert also have bad/unreadable downlink video files, possibly due to the DJI Go app crashing/restarting.

Thanks again, this is really a handy tool!

Thanks for the reply!

1)
I can confirm those fields are present in TXT files from my Mavic running the current Android version of DJI GO 3, but not present when running Android DJI GO 4.
This is strange. It coincidentally helps HD's business model, which charges more for battery data. Odd.

Anyway the place name data can be obtained by hitting up:
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=LAT,LON

3)
Similarly no need to type in the starting elevation: the local MSL in meters can be obtained with:
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/elevation/json?locations=LAT,LON

Both those URLs return errors after a certain number of hits a day unless you have an API key, (which I'm sure HD do!).

2)
I understand your concern. Perhaps you could print "Non-commercial use only" or something to the console, or some other "free for non-commercial use" licensing.
I'm personally running your program as part of a batch file and losing the CLI would kill that. I can't imagine I'm the only one!

Thanks for the reply...
3)
I know about that possibility
but I am afraid that something like that would require using additional dll with my tool and I don't want that to happen
and also there is another aspect, something like "I don't want people to get too lazy", so if somebody really needs that altitude in the logs, let him find the starting point altitude by himself and fill it

2)
and why don't you use GUI version?
you are not the only one, but I believe that regular user who makes few flights per week shouldn't have problem to run the tool in GUI mode

@ferraript I don't know about others, but I average 20 flights per week. Unless I process files everyday, I end up getting behind and needing the command line.

Hey @ferraript,

thank you very much. It's wroking great.
I would understand, how did you encrypte the data. Is it possible to explain it me...or is it possilbe to get the source code.
Reason: the .cvs file form healthyDornes.com extract more columns and less rows as your .csv file and I want to understand the reason.

thanks a lot
isicom

isicom, you are welcome

>I would understand, how did you encrypte the data. Is it possible to explain it me...or is it possilbe to get the source code.
nope, it's freeware, not open source

>I want to understand the reason
well, it depends on the creators' skills, how they are able to extract and understand DJI GO source code

if you want, you can share your TXT flightlog + CSV from HD, so I can take a look at it and eventually do modifications to my tool

Reactions: Digdat0
Thank you very much... I've upload 3 Files. By the name you will understand there type.

Is it possible to explain me the theory of parsing/converting .txt files in .csv files? I mean, how they are crypted, is it base64 or what is it for a format?

Thanks
isicom

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-12_[15-16-48].txt.Comprehensive.preview.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Source_file.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
  • with_your_tool.zip
    232.1 KB · Views: 135
Thank you very much... I've upload 3 Files. By the name you will understand there type.
Is it possible to explain me the theory of parsing/converting .txt files in .csv files? I mean, how they are crypted, is it base64 or what is it for a format?
you were talking about HealthyDrones, but sent csv (preview) from djilogs.com
so either you mixed up the files or you are really confused

and no, it's not possible

@ferraript
Haven't heard much from you in a while.

I'm curious if you have anything new coming for your tool?

Also can you tell if there is additional battery detail info that might exist now? I'm referring to battery data that is currently not being accessed from the TXT or DAT files.

I really miss not having the data for the "SMART_BATTERY.voltagePercent" column!!! If that data no longer exist, where do you think it is hiding at now? Have you spent any time on the new logs?

Btw, sorry about all the questions, just trying to stay updated with you.

flyNfrank, if you are sorry about questions, then don't ask :D
I have no upcoming news/features for the tool
I'm just happy that everything works fine and there is no need for modifications or bugfixes

I believe that Mavics' batteries don't support reporting of those fields at all, that's the reason why our tools (including HealthyDrones) display empty fields

why do you miss voltagePercent field?
it has absolutely no usable meaning

flyNfrank, if you are sorry about questions, then don't ask :D
I have no upcoming news/features for the tool
I'm just happy that everything works fine and there is no need for modifications or bugfixes

I believe that Mavics' batteries don't support reporting of those fields at all, that's the reason why our tools (including HealthyDrones) display empty fields

why do you miss voltagePercent field?
it has absolutely no usable meaning

I used the sorry reference in hopes of getting each question answered. Based on past experience I have asked say 4 questions, and only get 1 question answered.

As for the batteries voltage percentage, I used it for 2-3 different things. #1, if you scanned down it's data column and saw it reach a "0" you knew right away why someones aircraft dropped out of the sky. #2, I would compare a line section where there was ONLY Full Forward (100%)Throttle Input, and then compare the same lines in voltagePercent to measure how many percent voltage drop off had taken place. This gave me some idea on the overall condition of the battery. #3 This is similar to #2 with the exception of adding in the Temperature of the area the aircraft was flying in if cold weather was a factor.

Now correct me if this is wrong, the VoltagePercent is based on the useable battery voltage. I believe that is something like each battery cell from 4.3v - 3.0v (or is it 4.3v - 3.3v?). I can't remember if all cells need to be at or below 3.0v, or if it's just one cell reaching the 3.0v's the battery shuts down?

That's why I used the voltagePercent.

@flyNfrank maybe you're referring to BatteryPercentage. If so, that exists in the Mavics's .DAT

I think i've seen that, but is there a battery useage type column to reference it to like seen on the OSD? (100%-0% remaining charge)

That's why I used the voltagePercent
ok, I need to admit I've never studied voltagePercent field
I believe that "official" percentage value and lowest cell voltage are the important ones

I just looked into few of my flightlogs and voltagePercent value jumps up and down with (what looks like) no correlation to voltage
and I also have a lot of cases where it has value 0 and my P3A luckily never felt down :)

so in this case I don't have answer(s) for your qiestion(s), sorry

ok, I need to admit I've never studied voltagePercent field
I believe that "official" percentage value and lowest cell voltage are the important ones

I just looked into few of my flightlogs and voltagePercent value jumps up and down with (what looks like) no correlation to voltage
and I also have a lot of cases where it has value 0 and my P3A luckily never felt down :)

so in this case I don't have answer(s) for your qiestion(s), sorry

I wanted to check on this earlier but forgot to include it. I've been trying to figure out what the data in this column pertains to: SMART_BATTERY.volumeConsume

The strange part is, the data in the recent file has such values as 8186.778. I checked the same column in an older file I also had open and the values there are 3.853.

Anyone here tried the new Dashware 1.9.0? Anything to report? 4K support? (Guess not)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj