[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

I made the comparison with the previous and new version of GO app using 2 tablets on the same P3A, it is the last release that create the problem.
See Post #20 in Phantom 3 crash
Maybe ferraript can have a look on them. Just my 5 cents.

Isn't there like a code between devs to share on topics like this? Better to work together and against the big company, than each other?
at the moment, only HealthyDrones and djilogs.com can read that new log format
and these are paid services

they would have to be insane to share their code with ours (msinger's and mine) free converters
and we are stuck at the moment

at the moment, only HealthyDrones and djilogs.com can read that new log format
and these are paid services
They are pretty tight-lipped. We cannot even get a peep from those guys. It would at least be nice of them to tell us they don't want to share their findings.

Isn't GitHub one of those sites that help with situations like this one?

GitHub is a source code repository. It won't teach you how to hack the DJI GO app :)

GitHub is a source code repository. It won't teach you how to hack the DJI GO app :)

Mike I know next to nothing, but I'd almost swear that on your site, it is .js related.

When you access this link: Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It acts like it doesn't recognize the converted file data. The page POPs right up, and not searching for anything else. But when I pull the link below out of the page from the javascript stuff and place it in it's own page, it's display the missing goods. I put a space after the https, but place the link in the address bar and open/enter.

<<https ://cdn.datatables.net/t/bs-3.3.6/jq-2.2.0,dt-1.10.11,fc-3.2.1,sc-1.4.1/datatables.min.js>>

Last edited:
Here it is....

Parse error at line 49, column 6:

mismatched tag

I made the comparison with the previous and new version of GO app using 2 tablets on the same P3A, it is the last release that create the problem.
See Post #20 in Phantom 3 crash
Maybe ferraript can have a look on them. Just my 5 cents.

Dji is suppse to have either encrypted the flight log, or tried encrypting it but run into a problem.

What's also interesting is that the latest version of Dji go for iOS has an export to csv feature in the flight log. But, the log it exports is complete crap. It shows gps coordinates and battery percentage only I think. I'm wondering if this change was done on purpose.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 330
Reactions: Digdat0
I wish it was JS related :(

You have to admit at least I warned you I knew next to nothing about the mentioned subject. But all I did was while on firefox right click and select "Inspect Element". I then selected the "Debugger" from the console in hopes that some type of redflag would appear. I copied the link from the Debugger section and it did seem to show some of the missing elements.

It just seems odd to be redirected to your viewer page and the google map or any other part even attempts to load.

So...is there ANY ideal what is taking place for the converter to not read the updated txt file?

This may be helpful.... I copied the 1st few lines from earlier firmware and app version and ran in google translator. It said it was in English.

I then did the same on a file from the most recent firmware and app version. However the result was different. This time it was NOT English. It said Portuguese.

Last edited:
flyNfrank, see this post for an explanation of the problem we're facing.

A new GO app version for android is available right now. It remains to 2.8.4 :confused: in about windows.
I made a dummy flight record, but the problem remains. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ or CsvView cannot read it.
My hopes are down :(

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-27_[10-34-16].txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 311
A new GO app version for android is available right now. It remains to 2.8.4 :confused: in about windows.
I made a dummy flight record, but the problem remains. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ or CsvView cannot read it.
My hopes are down :(

Have you considered rolling back to the app version used before the encrypted flight, as well as the aircraft firmware? Or is there reason for not being able to roll back?

No, I don't need personally to roll back as I don't have issue and in worst case I know how to get a .DAT from the P3. I know it assumes somehow that I expect not to get any issue, but currently I am not trying any strange experiment, nor flying missions, nor I need it urgently next Monday for a good business. As I don't get a so good feeling about strange error messages in the GO app and being unable to easily check my flights, I have other quads to fly for the fun.
I am more concerned about people loosing their P3 and having only the GO app flight record and asking here for help.

No, I don't need personally to roll back as I don't have issue and in worst case I know how to get a .DAT from the P3. I know it assumes somehow that I expect not to get any issue, but currently I am not trying any strange experiment, nor flying missions, nor I need it urgently next Monday for a good business. As I don't get a so good feeling about strange error messages in the GO app and being unable to easily check my flights, I have other quads to fly for the fun.
I am more concerned about people loosing their P3 and having only the GO app flight record and asking here for help.

Rolling back firmware is not an experiment. In this case it's a known method to remove issues from the aircraft.

An experiment would be something like properly calibrating the compass before each flight to see if it helps the 1.9.6 compass issues seen recently.
OR...
After receiving a error message of some kind, land and power down, switch to a battery you know that has not yet been updated to the current battery firmware, and then attempt to duplicate the flight you just flew to see if that same error comes up again.

As for the TXTlogToCSVtool program we're now waiting to see if someone will rewrite it with a different file reader?

Rolling back firmware is not an experiment. In this case it's a known method to remove issues from the aircraft.

An experiment would be something like properly calibrating the compass before each flight to see if it helps the 1.9.6 compass issues seen recently.
OR...
After receiving a error message of some kind, land and power down, switch to a battery you know that has not yet been updated to the current battery firmware, and then attempt to duplicate the flight you just flew to see if that same error comes up again.

As for the TXTlogToCSVtool program we're now waiting to see if someone will rewrite it with a different file reader?
Sorry, if I was not clear but my "experiment" was not related at all to upgrade/downgrade. Experiment is for me as more or less what you describe, try this action during flight, see what happen and see then what the flight log says or try to brake a distance or speed record etc...
What I was meaning is I personally don't need to see what is in my flight records but to support others it is an important functionality that is gone with Go app 2.8.4. You are right that if it would be important to me a roll back to 2.8.3 would have done the job to be sure to have data if I lost my P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez