"These Drones are Really Getting Out of Hand" - Fox News Today

Not sure I agree with the ticking sound.

There's been a rash of lasers illuminating flight decks recently too.

Fear mongering cause there's TOO MUCH MONEY in drone tech.

Ok, glad you guys have made it clear our hobby is in no danger. Whew!
I thought that maybe what Atlanta just did could become contagious and start occurring elsewhere.

Thanks for the reassurance. Hope YOU are right and I'm wrong.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
FOX profits off fear. Off course they will continue to run a fear campaign. Practically written in their Vision Statement

FOX profits off fear. Off course they will continue to run a fear campaign. Practically written in their Vision Statement

Ok. I do notice that a LOT of Fox stories have words like "Horror" and "Devastating"....so in some respects I agree. But I do know that Atlanta just enacted a huge no drone area around Atlanta.

Fox "used" to be far more reliable for honest news than MSNBC or CNN for example, but A Saudi Prince now owns a large stake in Fox News and other "management / ownership" changes have tainted the reliability I'm afraid. We no longer have a trust worthy broadcast media imo.

Reactions: MoreGone
Yeah, it would be hard to call any of the major news networks credible anymore.

I listen to NPR a lot. Recent story on NPR asked the perspective of other drone operators about these headlines and just as expected everyone one of them condemned the actions of the dilweeds doing these things. I think that was a valuable perspective to share with the public.

When all you do is sensationalize the .001% of fliers because of their idiotic choices without noting that the majority of the hobbyist are doing the right thing, it's hard to pretend you're 'Fair & Balanced'

Reactions: N017RW
Now that Jon Stewart retired America will no longer know what is really going on. :confused:

Yeah, it would be hard to call any of the major news networks credible anymore.

I listen to NPR a lot. Recent story on NPR asked the perspective of other drone operators about these headlines and just as expected everyone one of them condemned the actions of the dilweeds doing these things. I think that was a valuable perspective to share with the public.

When all you do is sensationalize the .001% of fliers because of their idiotic choices without noting that the majority of the hobbyist are doing the right thing, it's hard to pretend you're 'Fair & Balanced'

Yup... and somebody drank the Kool-aid and ran to the web to further the sensationalism.

Not sure I agree with the ticking sound.

There's been a rash of lasers illuminating flight decks recently too.

So where do YOU fly in West Palm?

I see you're using a call sign (although a fake one) as your forum name so I'd bet you live REAL close to an airport?

You've got Boca Raton Airport, Lantana Airport, Wellington Aero Club Airfield, North Palm Beach County airport, Indian town and West Palm Beach International.

Unless you're at the very northern edge of the County...where do you fly that's outside a 5 mile airport no fly zone?

Well don't get me started with National Propaganda Radio.....

It wasn't referencing NPR but rather the last paragraph of that post.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I don't live in West Palm.

Fear mongering cause there's TOO MUCH MONEY in drone tech.[/QUOTE]

Actually the money in drones for citizens is relatively small,,,drones are projected to be a $16 Billion market this year, if you look at the "Market Leaders" as projected by Global newswire,,DJI doesn't even make the list, its the defense contractors that make up the large drone manufacturers,,they will handle defense and probable major commercial applications

What I'm saying is killing individuals from having drones would not be nearly as painful as we want to think it would be.

Actually the money in drones for citizens is relatively small,,,drones are projected to be a $16 Billion market this year, if you look at the "Market Leaders" as projected by Global newswire,,DJI doesn't even make the list, its the defense contractors that make up the large drone manufacturers,,they will handle defense and probable major commercial applications

What I'm saying is killing individuals from having drones would not be nearly as painful as we want to think it would be.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with that, but want to add that it's because the people / entities profiting from drones aren't part of the establishment or lobbying in DC.

Militaria sales # compared to commercial/civilian dominate in just about all equipment categories. (planes, boats, guns, etc.)

Once the sUAS 'rules' are in place for what is now categorized as commercial use, VC will be plentiful. Until that is clear it will be on the 'sidelines'.

Let's put it this way, I heard that Phantom sales last year were about 30k units a month (not sure if that is right or not) that would mean in one month the value for all phantoms sold equals the same cost as ONE Predator Drone ($40m),,, drone sales to individuals is a very small market,,its a big, important one to us, but not in the 'real' world.

I was hoping the first political comment was going to be it but I should have known better. Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic folks.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl