It just keeps getting better - Drones billed as terrorist weapon

Just to rile you up. But I am over the line and will stop here.

It was rhetorical. Didn't mean to make you become introspective on the subject.

Northerners, Southerners, makes no difference to me. Neither does race or anything else. We are, those born here and those Naturalized, all Americans IMO.

Reactions: Canadian
Actually, Canadians are apparently a lot smarter than the Yanks and the deep south. Fox has stopped broadcasting their Canadian version of "News" due to poor ratings. [link]

Fox is also unpopular in places like California, New York, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, Chicago IL, Detroit MI.....see any patterns?

Are those people also necessarily a lot smarter?

Most of these drone sightings are unverified and usually only seen by one of the airplane's crew.

What's interesting is that most people with window seats are watching the landing as well, and yet with all the news and hysteria of "drone sightings" not a single one of them have reported a drone. Really? Let's do some math. In 2011 (the latest airport operations data I could find) there were 298,465 takeoffs and landings of passenger aircraft from JFK. Assume that only 25 people are glancing from their windows with each flight. Let's further assume that only half of them would know a drone from a seagull. That's 3.7 Million people who had an opportunity to see the same drone as the flight crew, and not one single person has said, "I was on that flight and I saw the drone, too".
It is interesting how all these people are able to see UAVs at fairly long distances… I find that at 50 to 60 m (160 to 200’) I can’t really see the P3P, flashing lights and all, against the background of a clear blue sky. Much less can I tell which way the animal is facing. Here in Canada our max allowed altitude is 90 m (just less than 300’) and at that height, there is no way I am keeping LOS. I’m fairly sure I would be able to see the lights at night, but that’s a big no-no here.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
Fox is also unpopular in places like California, New York, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, Chicago IL, Detroit MI.....see any patterns?

Are those people also necessarily a lot smarter?

Some recent studies suggest that conservatives are more intelligent and open minded than their liberal leaning counterparts. Also, conservative States tend to have better economics than liberal States. Economics meaning they're working within their given budgets and not going so far into debt. Look at California. That State has more debt than many smaller Countries.

It is interesting how all these people are able to see UAVs at fairly long distances… I find that at 50 to 60 m (160 to 200’) I can’t really see the P3P, flashing lights and all, against the background of a clear blue sky. Much less can I tell which way the animal is facing. Here in Canada our max allowed altitude is 90 m (just less than 300’) and at that height, there is no way I am keeping LOS. I’m fairly sure I would be able to see the lights at night, but that’s a big no-no here.

Great comment and observation.

I've got just a tad over 4,000 hours as a crew chief in H-60 helicopters. Twice we flew into Pelicans when I was stationed in California. The pilots didn't see the bird until it was too late. A Pelican is one hell of a lot bigger than one of our Quad's.

As a crew chief, I rarely saw birds from the gunner's window of my Blackhawk. If they weren't in a formation, it was a rare event that I could pick one out at any kind of distance. There were quite a few occasions where I informed the pilots we had just passed a large bird. They rarely saw them. Found remains of birds in the rotor system quite a few times and again, the pilots never saw them.

Some recent studies suggest that conservatives are more intelligent and open minded than their liberal leaning counterparts. Also, conservative States tend to have better economics than liberal States. Economics meaning they're working within their given budgets and not going so far into debt. Look at California. That State has more debt than many smaller Countries.
OK, you drug me back in.

Fox invented the vague validation device of "Some say...", "Some studies...", etc, without ever referencing an actual, independent peer-reviewed study. When they do quote a study it's usually one of their own funded by the Koch Foundation and peer-reviewed by another Koch-funded organization. One pundit says it, then another, and by the time it reaches the third charlatan Fox news host, it takes on the mythical validation of "people are saying...". That's what they call news.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."- Joseph Goebbels

Business Insider [link] said that "Extended exposure to Fox News may be detrimental to your intelligence". The quoted study says:
"Their viewers test lower in knowing current foreign and domestic events than do even people who claim to not watch any news. The mean age of their audience is 65. The red states that are the most devoutly republican are the southern states with the lowest levels of education and the highest levels of poverty."
And on California:
If California were a country, the state's $1.9 trillion economy would be ranked ninth largest in the world, ahead of Russia and behind Italy, according to the Economic Development Corporation of Los Angeles County. That's an impressive factoid, but it's worth noting that for a couple of years in the 80s California was the fifth-largest economy. Then they elected Ronald Reagan. By 2002, it had fallen to seventh and then eighth and now it's ninth.

No. Laws won't stop stupid. That's why identifying chips will be put into drones and will be coupled with the owner. Like they do with gun laws, people are looking for something, anything, to stop a threat built by the media. The industry and enthusiasts will need to form a lobby else the hobbyist's *** will be grass and government will be the lawn mower.

OK, you drug me back in.

Fox invented the vague validation device of "Some say...", "Some studies...", etc, without ever referencing an actual, independent peer-reviewed study. When they do quote a study it's usually one of their own funded by the Koch Foundation and peer-reviewed by another Koch-funded organization. One pundit says it, then another, and by the time it reaches the third charlatan Fox news host, it takes on the mythical validation of "people are saying...". That's what they call news.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."- Joseph Goebbels

Business Insider [link] said that "Extended exposure to Fox News may be detrimental to your intelligence". The quoted study says:
"Their viewers test lower in knowing current foreign and domestic events than do even people who claim to not watch any news. The mean age of their audience is 65. The red states that are the most devoutly republican are the southern states with the lowest levels of education and the highest levels of poverty."​

You drug yourself back in. It isn't my fault you felt the need to reply.

Just so you know, I don't trust any American news source. Or any foreign ones for that matter. All have a Boss they report to and as such, all have an agenda. In modern times, NO news source is truly "Fair and Balanced".

I used to like CNN until Obama was elected and for years, they had their heads right up his ***, kissing every square centimeter they could. It has only been recently that CNN has even begun to ask serious questions of that POS.

I find I have to screen many different news outlets online to get some idea of a given story.

Much like current day politicians, NONE of them have OUR best interests in mind. Only their own.

Reactions: snerd
As a pilot myself, I can tell you that seeing a Phantom in time to avoid a collision would be very unlikely. Also, seeing one as you pass it would be very difficult because by the time you could see it you would be past it. I can only make out a Phantom to about 200ft. After that it becomes a speck.

In a Cessna 150 or 172 you "might" have time to see one if you were under 80 knots or so.

150 knots = 253 feet per second. So in less than one second you would go farther than the eyes ability to make it out. Final approach speed of most commerical air traffic is somewhere around 140 - 160 knots IAS give or take.

I'm not convinced all these drone spottings by commercial aircraft pilots are accurate.
It could also be they saw a bird. Without proof it's just their word.

That said, I would place a good bet that it's only a matter of time until the news is reporting the first drone aircraft strike.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
OK, you drug me back in.
Then they elected Ronald Reagan. By 2002, it had fallen to seventh and then eighth and now it's ninth.

Blaming Ronald Reagan is a very cowardly and insanely inaccurate thing to do imo. The Left is destroying California just as it does anywhere it rules. The ideals are flawed and history proves it again and again.

Let me ask you this...was America founded and brought to greatness on Liberal or Conservative values? IF you are honest it can ONLY be the latter.

The USA is falling miserably faster and faster as liberals and the left get more control.
Wherever liberals get a foothold, demise follows. Do your RESEARCH!
If you can't see that you should get a service animal to assist you.

And I would further say that it is largely the left wanting to demonize drones...other than a few crazed Kentuckians.

The Left had a monopoly on the propaganda news machine for over 60 years. They're livid and beside themselves that another one tends to give the "other" side of the story. Liberalism, it's a mental disorder.

Last edited:
Blaming Ronald Reagan is a very cowardly and insanely inaccurate thing to do imo. The Left is destroying California just as it does anywhere it rules.

Let me ask you this...was America founded and brought to greatness on Liberal or Conservative values? IF you are honest it can ONLY be the latter.

The USA is falling miserably faster and faster as liberals and the left get more control.
Wherever liberals get a foothold, demise follows. Do your RESEARCH!
If you can't see that you should get a service animal to assist you.
WOW, what revisionist history.
America's founding fathers were the most radical liberals in our history. The conservatives were on King George's side. Conservatives don't like change.

Here are all of the accomplishments and achievements and victories of Progressives, Liberals and Democrats over the last century:

The GI Bill
Endangered Species Act
Environmental Laws
The Space Program
The Peace Corps
Americorps
The Civil Rights Movement
Earned Income Tax Credit
Family & Medical Leave Act
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Americans With Disabilities Act
Freedom of Information Act
Women's right to control their reproductive future
Allowing citizens to view their own credit records
The Internet
Balancing the federal budget
The Brady Bill (5-day wait on handgun purchases for background checks)
Lobbying Disclosure Act
"Motor-Voter" Act
The Voting Rights Act
Unemployment Insurance
Medicare/Medicaid
Food Stamps/WIC
Social Security
Peace between Israel and Egypt
Peace between Israel and Jordan
The Department of Education
The Department of Energy
The Department of Transportation
The Department of Housing and Urban Development
Labor Laws
The Marshall Plan
Winning World War II
Food Safety Laws
Workplace Safety Laws
The Tennessee Valley Project
The Civilian Conservation Corps
The Securites and Exchange Commission
Women's Right to Vote
Universal Public Education
National Weather Service
Product Labeling Laws
Truth in Advertising Laws
Morrill Land Grant Act
Rural Electrification
Public Universities
Bank Deposit Insurance (FDIC)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Public Broadcasting
Supporting the establishment of Israel
The United Nations
NATO

If you do not have skin cancer, and have ever stood outside without having a peeling sunburn within moments, thank the ozone layer, thank the ban on CFCs, and thank a liberal.
If you have not died in a heat wave, drought, hurricane, flood, wildfire, or other climate change disaster, and like the idea of your children and grandchildren not living in desert wastelands, thank a liberal.
If you have ever breathed clean air or drank clean water, thank a liberal.
If no woman you know has died or been maimed in a back-alley Abortion, thank a liberal.
If you have never been lynched, or had your children firebombed in a church, thank a liberal.
If you are glad we don't live in a right-wing dictatorship along the lines of what conservatives overtly and covertly created in Iran, Guatamala, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, the Congo, Chile, Brazil, El Salvador, the Phillipines, Indonesia and many others, thank a liberal.
If you have ever used Medicare, thank a liberal.
If you have not gotten cancer from radiation, thank the Nuclear test ban and thank a liberal.
If you have ever sat on a public seat, drank from a drinking fountain, stood on a bus, or done anything in public without worrying about being beaten up for being in the wrong section for your skin color, thank a liberal.
If you've ever driven on an interstate highway, thank a liberal.
If you grew up in a family of less than 12 kids, like the idea of being able to choose if you have 12 kids or not, if you don't live in an overpopulated third world slum, or just think birth control is a good idea, thank a liberal.
If your family benefited from the GI Bill of Rights, FHA Mortgages, and so forth, thank a liberal.
If you have ever bought anything from Europe, and are glad the Marshall plan kept it from remained a bombed-out shell or falling to communism or neo-fascism, thank a liberal.
If you are glad that the Nazis don't control half the world (conservatives opposed joining World War 2 until it was forced on them) thank a liberal.
If you have ever eaten food (agricultural subsidies), flicked on a light switch (rural electrification) or benefited from the Tennessee Valley Authority, thank a liberal.
If you ever drank a beer or a glass of wine without being thrown in jail, thank a liberal.
If you are not a land-owning white male, but have voted, thank a liberal.
If you have not died from tainted meat, been prescribed something useless or poisonous by a quack doctor, have not given your children cough syrup which turned out to have heroin as its secret ingredient, thank a liberal. (and Nixon) If your workplace is safe and you are paid a living wage, including overtime; if you enjoy a 40-hour week and you are allowed to join a union to protect your rights without being lynched, thank a liberal.
If you've ever seen a national park, and it hadn't been strip mined and clearcut into a desert wasteland, thank a liberal.
If you have never suffered from an economy of massive deflation, and have never even heard of an economic phenomenon called a "panic", thank a liberal.
If your children go to school instead of working in coal mines, thank a liberal.
If you're a Native American and have not been killed or died in a concentration camp, or if you live near Native Americans and are not at war with them, thank a liberal.
If you have an industrial or high-tech job - or really, any job other than those available in a slave-powered cash crop economy (ie, a third world economy) thank a liberal.
If you're not a slave or "indentured servant" (white slave), don't think protection of slavery belongs in the constitution, if you've never been chained to a boat where half the passengers die, been whipped, had your family split up, been forced to "breed" with another slave you've never met, been raped by your boss, or killed for not being profitable, thank a liberal.
If you oppose political parties starting massive wars to destroy America, just because they lost the election, and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans in process - if you just don't have that much fanatical hatred of Lincoln's policy of to restricting slavery to states where it already existed, thank a liberal.
If you're part-Irish, Catholic, Jewish, or for that matter anything not Anglo-Saxon Protestant, and are allowed to live in America, and are not harassed and attacked for failing to be born Anglo-Saxon Protestant, or if you've ever bought or used anything built by a non-ASP American, thank a liberal.
If you kind of like freedom of speech, and don't want the state government to be able to censor you - (you think the 14th amendment is a good idea) - thank a liberal.
If you have ever bought or sold anything transported by the transcontinental railroad, or eaten food from a farm created by the railroad, thank a liberal.
If you think the US constitution is pretty cool, and have ever traveled too or done business with a country whose democracy was inspired by the American revolution, thank a liberal.
If you have not been drafted and used as cannon-fodder in some war caused by some petty insult between nobles, clan leaders, or other various overfed dictators, or suffered rape or looting in one of those countless wars, thank a liberal.
If you have not been tortured to death in a religious inquisition, thank a liberal.
If you don't have to walk though ankle-deep sewage in the streets (because sewers are big gummint), thank a liberal.
If you have ever done anything that is a religious or superstitious taboo (ie, done anything at all) without being stoned to death or cast out as a heretic, thank a liberal.
If you have never been raped, and then had the rapist escape punishment on the grounds that he marry you, thank a liberal.
If you are not a slave toiling to build a pyramid for some lazy dictator who's so spoiled he thinks he's god, and won't even see it until he's dead, thank a liberal.
If you have not been killed as a human sacrifice in the name of some god, thank a liberal.
In short, if you've ever enjoyed anything of the post-stone-age world, thank a liberal.
...And if not, become a conservative.
"Liberal policies made America the freest, wealthiest, most successful and most powerful nation in human history. Conservatism in power always threatens to undo that national progress, and is almost always frustrated by the innate decency and democratic instincts of the American people..." - Joe Conason

What have Conservatives given us:
Pro-birth laws.
Keeping the death penalty.
Torture of, rendition of and the withholding of Habeas Corpus from citizens.
Privatized health care and higher costs.
They want to privatize social security.
School Vouchers making taxpayers fund religious schools.
Abstinence only sex ed - how's that working for you?
Federal funding of religious organizations.
Freedom to own any weapon you want, even if that means rocket launchers for deer season.
Freedom to practice your religion by discriminating against homosexuals.
Leveling the Alaskan Wilderness for some oil.

And now the conservatives want us to go to war with Iran.

If this is failure, then let's fail even more spectacularly.

WOW, what revisionist history.
America's founding fathers were the most radical liberals in our history. The conservatives were on King George's side. Conservatives don't like change.

Here are all of the accomplishments and achievements and victories of Progressives, Liberals and Democrats over the last century:

The GI Bill
Endangered Species Act
Environmental Laws
The Space Program
The Peace Corps
Americorps
The Civil Rights Movement
Earned Income Tax Credit
Family & Medical Leave Act
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Americans With Disabilities Act
Freedom of Information Act
Women's right to control their reproductive future
Allowing citizens to view their own credit records
The Internet
Balancing the federal budget
The Brady Bill (5-day wait on handgun purchases for background checks)
Lobbying Disclosure Act
"Motor-Voter" Act
The Voting Rights Act
Unemployment Insurance
Medicare/Medicaid
Food Stamps/WIC
Social Security
Peace between Israel and Egypt
Peace between Israel and Jordan
The Department of Education
The Department of Energy
The Department of Transportation
The Department of Housing and Urban Development
Labor Laws
The Marshall Plan
Winning World War II
Food Safety Laws
Workplace Safety Laws
The Tennessee Valley Project
The Civilian Conservation Corps
The Securites and Exchange Commission
Women's Right to Vote
Universal Public Education
National Weather Service
Product Labeling Laws
Truth in Advertising Laws
Morrill Land Grant Act
Rural Electrification
Public Universities
Bank Deposit Insurance (FDIC)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Public Broadcasting
Supporting the establishment of Israel
The United Nations
NATO

If you do not have skin cancer, and have ever stood outside without having a peeling sunburn within moments, thank the ozone layer, thank the ban on CFCs, and thank a liberal.
If you have not died in a heat wave, drought, hurricane, flood, wildfire, or other climate change disaster, and like the idea of your children and grandchildren not living in desert wastelands, thank a liberal.
If you have ever breathed clean air or drank clean water, thank a liberal.
If no woman you know has died or been maimed in a back-alley Abortion, thank a liberal.
If you have never been lynched, or had your children firebombed in a church, thank a liberal.
If you are glad we don't live in a right-wing dictatorship along the lines of what conservatives overtly and covertly created in Iran, Guatamala, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, the Congo, Chile, Brazil, El Salvador, the Phillipines, Indonesia and many others, thank a liberal.
If you have ever used Medicare, thank a liberal.
If you have not gotten cancer from radiation, thank the Nuclear test ban and thank a liberal.
If you have ever sat on a public seat, drank from a drinking fountain, stood on a bus, or done anything in public without worrying about being beaten up for being in the wrong section for your skin color, thank a liberal.
If you've ever driven on an interstate highway, thank a liberal.
If you grew up in a family of less than 12 kids, like the idea of being able to choose if you have 12 kids or not, if you don't live in an overpopulated third world slum, or just think birth control is a good idea, thank a liberal.
If your family benefited from the GI Bill of Rights, FHA Mortgages, and so forth, thank a liberal.
If you have ever bought anything from Europe, and are glad the Marshall plan kept it from remained a bombed-out shell or falling to communism or neo-fascism, thank a liberal.
If you are glad that the Nazis don't control half the world (conservatives opposed joining World War 2 until it was forced on them) thank a liberal.
If you have ever eaten food (agricultural subsidies), flicked on a light switch (rural electrification) or benefited from the Tennessee Valley Authority, thank a liberal.
If you ever drank a beer or a glass of wine without being thrown in jail, thank a liberal.
If you are not a land-owning white male, but have voted, thank a liberal.
If you have not died from tainted meat, been prescribed something useless or poisonous by a quack doctor, have not given your children cough syrup which turned out to have heroin as its secret ingredient, thank a liberal. (and Nixon) If your workplace is safe and you are paid a living wage, including overtime; if you enjoy a 40-hour week and you are allowed to join a union to protect your rights without being lynched, thank a liberal.
If you've ever seen a national park, and it hadn't been strip mined and clearcut into a desert wasteland, thank a liberal.
If you have never suffered from an economy of massive deflation, and have never even heard of an economic phenomenon called a "panic", thank a liberal.
If your children go to school instead of working in coal mines, thank a liberal.
If you're a Native American and have not been killed or died in a concentration camp, or if you live near Native Americans and are not at war with them, thank a liberal.
If you have an industrial or high-tech job - or really, any job other than those available in a slave-powered cash crop economy (ie, a third world economy) thank a liberal.
If you're not a slave or "indentured servant" (white slave), don't think protection of slavery belongs in the constitution, if you've never been chained to a boat where half the passengers die, been whipped, had your family split up, been forced to "breed" with another slave you've never met, been raped by your boss, or killed for not being profitable, thank a liberal.
If you oppose political parties starting massive wars to destroy America, just because they lost the election, and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans in process - if you just don't have that much fanatical hatred of Lincoln's policy of to restricting slavery to states where it already existed, thank a liberal.
If you're part-Irish, Catholic, Jewish, or for that matter anything not Anglo-Saxon Protestant, and are allowed to live in America, and are not harassed and attacked for failing to be born Anglo-Saxon Protestant, or if you've ever bought or used anything built by a non-ASP American, thank a liberal.
If you kind of like freedom of speech, and don't want the state government to be able to censor you - (you think the 14th amendment is a good idea) - thank a liberal.
If you have ever bought or sold anything transported by the transcontinental railroad, or eaten food from a farm created by the railroad, thank a liberal.
If you think the US constitution is pretty cool, and have ever traveled too or done business with a country whose democracy was inspired by the American revolution, thank a liberal.
If you have not been drafted and used as cannon-fodder in some war caused by some petty insult between nobles, clan leaders, or other various overfed dictators, or suffered rape or looting in one of those countless wars, thank a liberal.
If you have not been tortured to death in a religious inquisition, thank a liberal.
If you don't have to walk though ankle-deep sewage in the streets (because sewers are big gummint), thank a liberal.
If you have ever done anything that is a religious or superstitious taboo (ie, done anything at all) without being stoned to death or cast out as a heretic, thank a liberal.
If you have never been raped, and then had the rapist escape punishment on the grounds that he marry you, thank a liberal.
If you are not a slave toiling to build a pyramid for some lazy dictator who's so spoiled he thinks he's god, and won't even see it until he's dead, thank a liberal.
If you have not been killed as a human sacrifice in the name of some god, thank a liberal.
In short, if you've ever enjoyed anything of the post-stone-age world, thank a liberal.
...And if not, become a conservative.
"Liberal policies made America the freest, wealthiest, most successful and most powerful nation in human history. Conservatism in power always threatens to undo that national progress, and is almost always frustrated by the innate decency and democratic instincts of the American people..." - Joe Conason

What have Conservatives given us:
Pro-birth laws.
Keeping the death penalty.
Torture of, rendition of and the withholding of Habeas Corpus from citizens.
Privatized health care and higher costs.
They want to privatize social security.
School Vouchers making taxpayers fund religious schools.
Abstinence only sex ed - how's that working for you?
Federal funding of religious organizations.
Freedom to own any weapon you want, even if that means rocket launchers for deer season.
Freedom to practice your religion by discriminating against homosexuals.
Leveling the Alaskan Wilderness for some oil.

And now the conservatives want us to go to war with Iran.

If this is failure, then let's fail even more spectacularly.

LMAO!

That's some funny **** there Steve. The scary part is, you probably believe it.

Your pre-prepared rubbish and propaganda fits perfectly.

Save it for the birds . I won't even read it.

Hugs

Everyone is welcome in the marketplace of ideas...................... except those the Left doesn't agree with! Their way or the highway. They have completely subverted our system of checks and balances.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers