THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

I will berate a troll at any opportunity. The dude posted pictures of someones house. If he isnt banned I think I am going to be done here.

Cannot agree more. This guy GSSP sounds like a sleazy little worm hiding behind his keyboard. I read through this thread and it is obvious that he is the worst kind of troll. Moderator obviously has been made aware of this and nothing has been done so far. If mods don't boot him, I'm pretty much gone from this place. If PhantomPilots.com is going to allow members to post photos and personal information about other forum members as retaliation, then I this is not the kind of forum I want to be a part of.

Nope. The Android app is out, but it doesn't include the flight simulator.

If you don't want to wait to start flying, here's info on a $29.99 (!) Android phone I bought to tide me over until the iOS version ships:

(Repost from a post I made elsewhere)

Update on the cheap Moto G Android phone stopgap (sorry if some of this is a repeat, but given this thread grows by 2 pages/hour, figured some might have missed this spread around) for iOS users who can't yet fly their Phantom 3:

If you're awaiting the iOS update and you don't have an Android device, the Moto G Android 4.4 phone is on sale at Best Buy for a mere $29.99 (down $10 from yesterday). Works fine with both 1.0.10 and 1.1 versions of the Android app.

Some FAQs:
  • Flew it yesterday with the 1.0.10 version. Worked fine for activating/registering the Phantom, and performance was good. A little video jerkiness during fast maneuvers.
  • Update released last night loaded and ran fine from the DJI website direct download at http://m.dji.net/djipilot
  • If you bought one yesterday, contact Best Buy. I called and they refunded my $10
  • You don't need to sign up for a phone plan. Just go through activation, let it assign you a phone number, but the two times it asks you to choose a plan or enter a credit card, just select Pay Later. Then put the phone in airplane mode, turn on Wi-Fi, and presto, no association/obligation to Verizon.
  • I wouldn't want it as my primary phone because it doesn't do LTE. If you actually plan to use it as a phone, pick up the $49 Moto X instead if you're choosing a prepaid plan phone. But if you're not using the phone part, it's all you need.

It's this phone. Available for store pickup at most Best Buys: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon...moto-g-no-contract-cell-phone-black/3041063.p

Reactions: envisionabove
Just talked to DJI support and they said the app will be released in 2-3. Certainly not weeks away.

While personal information may be readily available on the net it is inappropriate it post it in this forum.
Every user agrees to read the rules. If you haven't click the link in my signature.
We ask everyone no to post publicly yours or anyone else's personal information as it will not be tolerated.

Now back on topic. No more discussion about the current issue unless it is done via a private conversation.

Just talked to DJI support and they said the app will be released in 2-3. Certainly not weeks away.

Not sure if I believe them, they were talking like that the other day. Not sure if I want to spend more money on an android since I bought an ipad mini 2 when I ordered the phantom. The only reason for buying the mini was for the drone.

For everyone's sake, only Apple knows when the app will be released. All other claims including DJI's are bogus. Apps go live once they pass all of Apple's requirements. Apple does not provide a release date. DJI will know at the same time you will.

For everyone's sake, only Apple knows when the app will be released. All other claims including DJI's are bogus. Apps go live once they pass all of Apple's requirements. Apple does not provide a release date. DJI will know at the same time you will.
IF...its at apple for approval. But apparantly it is. Then it will not take more then 3 days. apple is fast lately.

IF...its at apple for approval. But apparantly it is. Then it will not take more then 3 days. apple is fast lately.

DJI has a dismal reputation for software delivery and thoroughly testing released firmware, DJI knew the lead time for Apple approval long before P3 release and DJI will not make a statement that is believable, they claim an engineer made a misstatement to Apple.....

Well actually we are waiting on two things. The first is the app from Apple to get released, then the updated firmware from DJI to make the App work. So once the App is released we will still be waiting for DJI to post the updated firmware.

I hope things get figured out before work on Monday.

What pop up? I've just looked on the App Store on my iPad and don't see any reference to P3

Download the Pilot App and when you open it there's a message that says it's for the P3 and the Inspire. Also the QR code in the P3 manual points to that same app.

The message on the current iOS app was noting that the new version is in certification. Could be tomorrow, could be end of next week, depending on Apple's speed and whether any issues are found. The Android version is noted as now supporting both platforms. (Admittedly, they obviously didn't have a native English-speaker proof their message.)

If you're an iOS user in the US and you want to fly this weekend, you can pick up a Moto G at Best Buy for just $29.99. (It's listed as $39.99 in-store, but it's $29.99 on BestBuy.com and the stores will match that.) I used one to get my P3P flying yesterday. Works fine and for $30, you can use it as a media player or FM radio after the iOS version releases. :)

(Take anything GSSP posts here with a huge grain of salt. For some reason he's trolling the heck out of this discussion.)

snowghost, from the DJI website:
DJI said:
DJI Pilot App
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)
* Compatible DJI Pilot App for iOS is coming soon

The current Android app works on both the Phantom and the Inspire.

The current iOS app (1.0.3) does NOT recognize the Phantom 3; it's Inspire only.

Believe me, I have a Phantom 3. This is the case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24