The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

Here is how I adapted a couple of readily available products into a case that not only protects the entire set of filters and mounts but also fits great on my OEM DJI hardshell backpack.

Awesome Jeff, that's very helpful, thanks very much for sharing. I have the Go Professional backpack which has some additional space, but I need it compact as possible for carrying onto planes.

How do you guys do Gimbal Calibration with all the extra weights

Not sure what you mean. The added back and side weight is to offset the weight of the barrel and filters on the front. Performing the gimbal calibration is the same as without the filter set. The only exception is that I put a 1/4" spacers under each foam landing pad. I do this because I notice the barrel or barrel ring can hit the ground when the P3 starts up and rotates the camera. I may permanently attach some 1/2"-1" spacers eventually. Or possible get some taller legs.

Hello dear fellows,
with pleasure we present you the details about the special made filter box for the DJI Phantom 3 Pro :

View attachment 30122

What you see, you will get. We also will deliver 4 x 10 gr and 4 x 5 gr counterweights. We changed our weights for zinc because of environment and magnetic reasons. Please use them to protect your gimbal motors.

All filters are of multicoated glass.
The slim filters have 1 gr. Barrel 6 gr. O-ring 1 gr. Polarizer 8 gr. Barrel + polarizer 14 gr.

Please install the filters and counterweights as shown on the video:

We do not take any responsibility for the gimbal motors.

In addition to the video for inserting the slim filters:
  • use of 1 filter in either the fix or variable slot: both sides are possible
  • use of 2 filters (NDx + Graduated NDx) take attention to insert ! The handle knob is not in the center. The filter to be inserted in the fix slot must be with the knob flat with the frame at the exterior, where the second filter will be placed on. The second filter must be inserted with the flat side (knob/frame) direction first filter. Only doing this way the second filter can be turned. So the 2 flat sides must touch each other.

View attachment 30118 View attachment 30119 View attachment 30120

PRICE:

USD 90 for the complete set. Fast shipping is at USD 28 for countries quoted at maximum DHL-level 7 (mostly all)

TO ORDER:
please make a Paypal payment at paypal account: [email protected] China for USD 118
paypal fee is up to you
TAKE ATTENTION to add in the notes your telephone number and be sure your Paypal address is your correct shipment address. We can not write way bill without telephone number of the contact person.

First shipment will start at september 23. Limited production.
Thanks for your interest and we wish you all the best experiences with this unique filters.

Best regards,
Aileen & Renaat

My order was shipped same day and arrived in 3 days later from China to Michigan. Nice quality. Happy with the purchase.

Anyone have a link to these Filters?? Great video and all kinds of posts about the price but I cannot find a link to buy em
Hey Tony. Just PM Rainbowers here. He will get back to you with a PayPal address where you can send the money. Got mine in about 4 days from payment. Great set.

Look for the trade mark name "Mobil Cloth" patented micro fiber once recommend by Apple for phones tablets and iMacs. It is the best thing I have found to clean any lens, filter or phone. Worth their eight in gold and washable.

Reactions: Grae and Rainbowers
hi there. maybe i'm missing something. the CPL with ND vignetting in the video is pretty bad. do you guys just crop it out?

and whats the O-ring for?

thanks

Although the vignetting in 1080 is fairly small, the vignetting with the CPL and 4K is relatively large. Both are easily cropped in Post. As long as you know what you are dealing with, you will be able to adjustt the shot to compensate for the vignette and crop.
The small diameter "O" ring goes over the camera barrel and is pushed all the way to the back of the threaded section of the barrel. It provides a soft landing for the filter barrel and holds it tight without over tightening the barrel onto the camera. Picture to follow.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447253912.586339.jpg

"o" ring in place.

First enter the ND afterwards the grad as showed on the video. Second slot is made for turning filter possibility to adjust with horizon. Finally you add O-ring to fix filter position.

Hmmmmmmmm and Oooops! Looks like my advice is different from the designer's idea of how the 'O' ring should be used. Personally, I am a big fan of my way. I never had a problem with the moveable filter trying to move around once the ring was in place. I much prefer how the O-ring works the way I use it. It does keep the filter barrel from getting too tight like the original UV filter which was always a PITA to unscrew.

Reactions: Rainbowers
I have just started to design a GimbalClamp with interchangeable rubberized (Ninjaflex) centers for use with both the barrel and CPL configurations. I will also attempt to have these fit in both the Tradecraft and DJI hardshell backpacks with either no or minimal alteration to the case.
I expect to be able to get something workable in the next few weeks. I'll keep you informed.

If I can do this I will make them available for sale in the spirit of Rainbowers' tradition and charge only my costs of design and production spread over 50 sets. The set would include an ABS shell and two different sizes (and colors) of inserts. If it works as expected I should be able to sell these for no more than $10 plus $5 shipping worldwide. Keep your fingers crossed
Put me up for one [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: QaaUz
Just had to post this shot taken with a Rainbowers ND16 and GND 4. Taken at Southern Illinois' Shawnee National Forest. Yes there is considerable post work done but the quality of the glass made the shot possible. Thanks to Renaat for a great set of tools.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447632052.109896.jpg

Last edited:
Just had to post this shot taken with a Rainbowers ND16 and GND 8. Taken at Southern Illinois' Shawnee National Forest. Yes there is considerable post work done but the quality of the glass made the shot possible. Thanks to Renaat for a great set of tools.
View attachment 35904
Very nice work!

Ive got this set as well and got mine balanced real good but find when my gimbal initializes it hits on the floor a bit or what ever I have it sitting on how can I prevent this?

A couple of folks have talked about extended legs. Personally, my barrel and ring do not contact the landing pad unless I have the CPL filter on. In that case I put the legs on 4 thick plastic coasters until the gimbal startup dance is complete, then I put the phantom back on the floor or case before taking off.

Reactions: Rainbowers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl