The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

Ive got my oring all the way to the end of the threads on the camera barrel as well my stock gimbal guard doesnt work with the weights on so was gonna get one that fits on the front of the camera barrel but my question is taking the filter set of and on to use the gimbal guard is it going to wreck the oring eventually

My O ring is set up just like yours I take my barrel and ring off after every flight and use the Rainbowers lens cap. I've done this many dozens of times with no discernible damage to the O Ring.
By the way the clamp made by member Milehighdesign fits the Rainbowers lens cap configuration perfectly.
DJI Phantom 3 - CLEAR PolarPro Gimbal Lock & WHITE lens cap- 3d printed

Last edited:
Ya its not a big deal just wonder why some hits and some dont ill just probably make some sort of take off pad that raises it ip a bit
Hey Squid do you have a link for the filter set you guys are talking about? I picked up some great snap on leg extensions from this guy Dave that are great.
Dynamic 3D Solutions

Hey Squid do you have a link for the filter set you guys are talking about? I picked up some great snap on leg extensions from this guy Dave that are great.
Dynamic 3D Solutions
Check out the 1st post in the thread for the info on the filter set. Also on the 1st page you'll find ordering info.
Those snap on leg extensions look great. I've purchased stuff from Dave as well. His motor guards are great - really well thought out... and he's a good guy, too.

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Check out the 1st post in the thread for the info on the filter set. Also on the 1st page you'll find ordering info.
Those snap on leg extensions look great. I've purchased stuff from Dave as well. His motor guards are great - really well thought out... and he's a good guy, too.
Check these out-- very stable
DJI Phantom 3 Landing Gear

Thanks! Yep he has some great stuff and good prices. Every time I've ordered something from him he throws in a free gift. The last order I got from him he threw in the clip thing that hold your TX antenna's aligned. Another time he threw in the battery dust cover.

Check these out-- very stable
I really like PolarPro stuff - and those definitely look solid.
I've had this set for a little while now and really like them.
3a7916f442c9d262c6c61df1de0af7d4.jpg
(not the greatest pic)
I've yet to see them come into frame and they put a fair bit of breathing room between the camera and a grassy field. They're angled slightly out as well which adds a surprising amount of stability.

Last edited:
Hey Mike sorry been out of the loop for a nit I guess, I got them from a fellow on the forum here he was selling them under the classified section but like the other guys said just search rainbowers, I just got them the other day and love them he also includes the weights to balance the gimbal with I just did that the other night my gimbal sits perfect now with the weights its even more balanced then it was before, before mine used to hang down when it was off now she sits perfect, we got out first taste of winter here the other day been windy here for the last few days and got our first blast of snow so havent got out to try them out yet but they look real nice.....Im not sure what he sells them for I picked them up for I think it was 107.00 U.S shipped it even comes with a real nice lens cover, wanna get me some leg extensions now thou the gimbal with the lens on gets a little close to the ground.....now thats its getting cold gives me a chance to pick up all the things I wanted to get for the phantom since cant fly right now....anyways let me know if you cant find the guy with the lenses and Ill try and find him for ya okay bud.... great to hear from you, take care my friend

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Hey Mike sorry been out of the loop for a nit I guess, I got them from a fellow on the forum here he was selling them under the classified section but like the other guys said just search rainbowers, I just got them the other day and love them he also includes the weights to balance the gimbal with I just did that the other night my gimbal sits perfect now with the weights its even more balanced then it was before, before mine used to hang down when it was off now she sits perfect, we got out first taste of winter here the other day been windy here for the last few days and got our first blast of snow so havent got out to try them out yet but they look real nice.....Im not sure what he sells them for I picked them up for I think it was 107.00 U.S shipped it even comes with a real nice lens cover, wanna get me some leg extensions now thou the gimbal with the lens on gets a little close to the ground.....now thats its getting cold gives me a chance to pick up all the things I wanted to get for the phantom since cant fly right now....anyways let me know if you cant find the guy with the lenses and Ill try and find him for ya okay bud.... great to hear from you, take care my friend
Thanks Squid I found the guys email address and sent him a message last night asking how to set up placing an order. He replied this morning and I sent him the money via PayPal. Can't wait to check them out.

I highly recommend these snap on landing gear they are fantastic and well made. You can find them here. Dynamic 3D Solutions

Hey Mike looked at those you are talking about and also these but gezzzz they look real nice but calculated it with shipping and all and they come to over 50 bucks canadian just cant seem to justify it but I know its gonna get the better of me and im gonna buy a set anyways lol check out the video on the link I sent of the polar pro legs they look real cool, how much did ya get the filters for? They come in a real nice storage box, your gonna like them , when ya get them message me and Ill tell ya exactly where to place the weights, cause in the video he shows its not quit right, all you need is 15 grams of weight to get balanced even better then he gets it, just a 10 gram weight and a 5 gram weight works perfect
heres the link to those legs I was looking at from polar pro, these sure do make it stable

Feedback from a photo pro that was the first in the world to get these. They are magic and built to last. A lot of thought has gone into the design and end usage. I've purchased a lot of photographic gear for my job and these filters are definitely at the top of my list... Just do it and get them!

Those snap on ones are worth every penny Bro and the guy that sells them always throws in a free gift. When I got snap on leg extensions from him for my P2V he threw in a battery dust cover where your battery snaps in your bird and when I got the P3P extensions and camera and gimbal guard he threw in this nice clip that holds your antennas aligned. All that gear is on his website and its all high quality stuff. I got the lens filters for $118 and thanks I'll shoot you a PM when they come in can't wait they look awesome. Oh I read somewhere those polar pro legs have a tendency to show up in your videos at times. Can't say for sure where I read it but just sayin.

Feedback from a photo pro that was the first in the world to get these. They are magic and built to last. A lot of thought has gone into the design and end usage. I've purchased a lot of photographic gear for my job and these filters are definitely at the top of my list... Just do it and get them!
Thanks Brett I read that you were the first at the beginning of the thread. I pulled the trigger as soon as I got the email from Renaat this morning. Seems like a really nice guy and brilliant to boot!

Okay thanks mike never really thought of that but you could be right on that as they do stick out a ways well maybe ill look at a set like you picked up

Okay thanks mike never really thought of that but you could be right on that as they do stick out a ways well maybe ill look at a set like you picked up
Good luck Squid all the extra cost to get stuff sent to Canada really sucks. I'll catch up with you as soon as my filters come in!

Thanks Brett I read that you were the first at the beginning of the thread. I pulled the trigger as soon as I got the email from Renaat this morning. Seems like a really nice guy and brilliant to boot!
They're magic. Nobody will regret obtaining them. I was up in the snow clad landscape today, and still had a 16nd and 4gr on. Good footage though I'm not knowlegeable...
It appears thatI'm not the only one deeply appreciating Renaats effort, precision and friendliness.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3