The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

Thanks, I got mine today.
Now how do I add ND and Graduated together? How do I hold it?
First enter the ND afterwards the grad as showed on the video. Second slot is made for turning filter possibility to adjust with horizon. Finally you add O-ring to fix filter position.

Taken with ND8 and Grad 4 filters.
This video shows the quality of filters that Rainbowers has produced. I'm testing them out for a commercial shoot coming up shortly.

Sorry for the off topic question but what export settings are you using to get your video so clear on YouTube?

I have tried a few different export setting in Premiere Pro cc but as soon as I upload to YouTube it seems to get downgraded in quality. Your video looks great.

I think I will be ordering a set of the filters soon.

I have a used set of this filter to let go, complete set, PM me if you are keen and I can ship worldwide

Hey Jeff, thanks for uploading that. I think the video is set to private right now though. Can you change the security settings?

For those interested in a video sample of the vignetting, it will be available at Youtube as soon as Youtube finishes the processing.
Because the interest was in the vignetting and not in the glass quality I did not use super high quality so the video is somewhat compressed. Hope this helps. As you can see from the cropped 4K video (which was cropped from the video just before it) the vignetting provides very little to worry about. I still believe this is the most useful and highest quality set of filters I have bought and I have purchased filters from 3 different vendors besides Rainbowers.

Hey Jeff, thanks for uploading that. I think the video is set to private right now though. Can you change the security settings?
Sorry about that. Never noticed it was private. Should work now.
Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Got my filter set and its looking good so far. One thing I noticed in the instructional video is that while he balances the pitch and roll, he doesn't balance the yaw. I found adding a 5g weight to the back of the yaw arm pretty much gets it balanced again. You can tell if the yaw is out of balance by tilting the phantom forward or backwards. If the yaw is out of balance it will fall to one side of the other when tilted this way.

I designed a replacement gimbal lock piece that fits with the filter holder and counterweights installed. Here's the STL for 3d printing.

Attachments

• gimbal slide-lock v2.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 226
Got my filter set and its looking good so far. One thing I noticed in the instructional video is that while he balances the pitch and roll, he doesn't balance the yaw. I found adding a 5g weight to the back of the yaw arm pretty much gets it balanced again. You can tell if the yaw is out of balance by tilting the phantom forward or backwards. If the yaw is out of balance it will fall to one side of the other when tilted this way.

I designed a replacement gimbal lock piece that fits with the filter holder and counterweights installed. Here's the STL for 3d printing.
Thanks for helping the community !

Can you pls post the picture of all weights

Reactions: Rainbowers

I would appreciate seeing how you balanced it too.

And thank for the 3d model! I took it to a little 3D print shop that just opened on my campus. Not sure of the quality of their printer, but we'll see how it turns out.

I just e-mailed @Rainbowers tonight about ordering a set :)

Reactions: 24pfilms
Yeah these pics should show how to balance it for two filters stacked. With the polarizer on it's a little front heavy but still works fine. Got some great video out over the sea with the polarizer on yesterday with this.

P1180450.jpg P1180455.jpg P1180453.jpg P1180454.jpg

You are right about the polarizer being a little heavy. Mine is perfect with one or two filters but the added weight of the polarizer I start to get some vibration/jello in my videos. I may try to Velcro another weight on for when I use the polarizer.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446069604.709510.jpg

Cinematographers? You mean like Roger DeakIns or the new definition of "cinematographer?"

I know there are already a few filter sets being produced for the P3 but there hasn't been a definitive set that helps still photographers as well as cinematographers. Please take a look at this one and comment so our friend @Rainbowers can be motivated to produce these...

Yeah these pics should show how to balance it for two filters stacked. With the polarizer on it's a little front heavy but still works fine. Got some great video out over the sea with the polarizer on yesterday with this.

View attachment 34428 View attachment 34431 View attachment 34429 View attachment 34430
Do your stacked weights on the back of the camera hit the ribbon cable? I ended up putting the 10g on the inside and cut down a 5g for the outside edge to get mine balanced and make sure I have clearance. I also ended up putting a 10g on the back of the yaw arm to eliminate vibration issues when using the circular polarizer.

Last edited:
Do your stacked weights on the back of the camera hit the ribbon cable? I ended up putting the 10g on the inside and cut down a 5g for the outside edge to get mine balanced and make sure I have clearance. I also ended up putting a 10g on the back of the yaw arm to eliminate vibration issues when using the circular polarizer.

Could you post photos of how you have them attached to yours? I think I understand what you're saying but I just want to be sure.

I just got mine in the mail today. Thanks for all the help that you've all provided here with your comments.

And thanks to Rainbowers for shipping them to me so quickly :)

Could you post photos of how you have them attached to yours? I think I understand what you're saying but I just want to be sure.

I just got mine in the mail today. Thanks for all the help that you've all provided here with your comments.

And thanks to Rainbowers for shipping them to me so quickly :)

Sorry these aren't great but I just did some screen shots off a video I had on my phone. The 10g weight I put on the yaw arm I mounted so it hang lower off the arm. My thinking was for possible added protection of the gimbal.

The last picture shows how I modified my original gimbal lock that came with the P3A (I just used a pair of needle nose pliers) I didn't want to take off the filter barrel every time I put it away so in the short term this works perfect.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446132104.283978.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446132122.683173.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446132152.836322.jpg

Reactions: fly_it
Sorry these aren't great but I just did some screen shots off a video I had on my phone. The 10g weight I put on the yaw arm I mounted so it hang lower off the arm. My thinking was for possible added protection of the gimbal.

The last picture shows how I modified my original gimbal lock that came with the P3A (I just used a pair of needle nose pliers) I didn't want to take off the filter barrel every time I put it away so in the short term this works perfect.

Cool, thanks very much for sharing!

@Jeff48920 The wooden box and packaging is also nice, but I am in the market for a more compact portable solution. It takes up quite a bit of space in my kit right now, relative to the size of the filters.

Hey Phil
I was also impressed by the quality of the storage box but frustrated by how much room it would have to take up in my case.
Here is how I adapted a couple of readily available products into a case that not only protects the entire set of filters and mounts but also fits great on my OEM DJI hardshell backpack. There is very little room for much of anything in that case so I am really happy about this.

Here are the web addresses for the products. The mods to the Lee Filters Pouch took all of about 15 minutes to adapt using my wife's sewing machine.

LEE Filters Filter Wrap for 3 Filters TFW B&H Photo Video

Phantom3 / Inspire 1 / Frame2.0 Filter Case.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446394677.268236.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446394705.679250.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446394716.868134.jpg

Hope this is useful to you and others.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT