Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Just upgraded my galaxy s5 to 6.0 marshmellow what a mistake. I cant connect with go app or litchi. I don't have a clue how to fix this problem.

Yes. I confirm this exact issue. Marshmellow was a forced update to my Galaxy S5, in which case, Go worked fine, until I downloaded Litchi. The process of Marshmellow selecting a default application is the only thing that I can see causing the problem. My Samsung S Tab is still on the most recent release of Lollipop and both Go and Litchi work fine prompting the question "Just Once, or Always". From there, either application fires. On Marshmellow, it will only ask, "Which app do you want to use" but not the proverbial "Just Once, or Always"? I am at a loss. I would imagine that deleting either or application may work which is my next desperate attempt if I can't find another solution.

Just upgraded my galaxy s5 to 6.0 marshmellow what a mistake. I cant connect with go app or litchi. I don't have a clue how to fix this problem.
You are right, that's the pain-in-the-*** "feature" of the new Marshmellow.

The only solution I just tried is having to change the setting each time you plan to change from Go to Litchi or back. For example when I first switch on the drone and RC, the tablet pops up the choice of selecting either Go or Litchi as the app to run when USB cable is connected, I choose Go, but that means Marshmellow now set Go as the default app to run every time I connect the USB cable between the RC and tablet. I cannot only longer run Litchi and get it to connect to my drone. To change to Litchi, I need to go into Setting -> Applications ->Application manager -> DJI GO ->Set as default -> press Clear Defaults. So the next time I switch on the drone and RC, the same question will pop up again allowing me to choose either Go or Litchi. Like I said, it is a pain, as I have to go through this whole setting change each time I want to switch between Go and Litchi :mad:

Well bought nvidia k1 for my bird didn't like samsung tab 4 10.1 it was to laggy so i bought the k1 shield. Two days later i won a airpad 2 16 gig cellular tablet off facebook ,so I've tried both and i like the Nvidia shield better i can see it better in sunlight ,although the screen is bigger on airpad but i can plug hdmi out of the shield into tv and get live feed on my big screen

Reactions: Reed L
Well bought nvidia k1 for my bird didn't like samsung tab 4 10.1 it was to laggy so i bought the k1 shield. Two days later i won a airpad 2 16 gig cellular tablet off facebook ,so I've tried both and i like the Nvidia shield better i can see it better in sunlight ,although the screen is bigger on airpad but i can plug hdmi out of the shield into tv and get live feed on my big screen
I have the same problem with my S4! Recently bought for flying purposes only . I noticed it was grainy and blotchy at times. What's the reason for this? I figured it would be really good. It's on data too. I went back to my mini iPad 2. Never any issues just liked the bigger screen on Tab .

My note 4 was stolen last week so I have now a Samsung J7 and works very good, and have a plus, the brightness of the screen it's great... Much better than the note 4.

I just bought this Asus Zenpad 8 (Z380C-1L040A) and tested it works fine. I updated to the latest version of the Android and all good. :) My ipad air-2 (9.7") was too big and heavy to hold the RC.

A Very good price, £120!
Interesting, I also tried to use a Asus Zenpad 8.0 with my Phantom 3, but, the delay is terrible. I used to attach a iPad ir and there is real time display. Do you have any suggestion, how to improve this problem?

I just changed my smart phone to HTC one X9 and it does not work. The dji app on the phone seems not to find any device when I attach my phantom 3 RC. Any suggestions?

I like iPad mini 2, just the right size, add a anti glare screen protector and you're set. Plus, I'm really making use of apple's AirPlay feature, I can share photos/videos between devices almost instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: meissner58
My Samsung Galaxy 5 always worked great. No lag at all. Unfortunately the Marshmallow download interferes with which app to select; GO or Litchi. I tried everything all the unplug, plug, no default, forcestop etc. and nothing would get either to fire. Removing one or the other and they work perfectly. I have Litchi now as the primary. If I ever want GO, I'll have to delete Litchi and download GO, And re-install the 32 channell HACK. Hopefully, they'll have a bug fix out soon for the application conflict (related to the permissions software addition). I bought the ASUS Zen tablet 7.0. Returning today. Just doesn't have the power. From the start of the application open, instead of popping open in an eight of a second like on the Galaxy, it hesitates at least 2 to 3 seconds. Lag and Stutter is too much for my comfort level. Too much chance for app crash or screen lock up. It's unfortunate at $99.00. Has the Intel ATOM 1.5 Ghz chip so I thought it could pull it off but no go. I'm not going to force the issue with removing all bloat apps and hacking into device settings to max out the graphics power consumption etc. If you have to do that, it's a good indication that it's now powerful enough. Not sure what to do for a tab now. I'm committed to Android so limits the choices. Samsungs will have the Marshmallow problem or not enough power. Nexus tabs seem to do the trick but are up there on the price. Shield seems to be a good choice, but for me, I've read reports of various tech issues it has. At a loss at this point other than just sticking to the galaxy 5 and sticking to litchi or GO only for now.

I bought a new P3A. Originally had a standard and used my iPad Air 2. Now my iPad Air 2 won't connect to my P3A. It just says how to connect. But my iPhone 6 connects fine?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using my Mini 4 with my P3P for a while now with no issues, I purchased it for the internal barometer. I just updated GO now I get constant app disconnects. Contacted support and was told the Mini 4 is not a suitable device, back to the Nexus 7.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart