Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

You have to "tether it" to the R/C every time you use it anyways. My VZ Note 5 worked flawlessly with the App. I just wanted a bigger screen.

I can highly recommend the Galaxy Tab S-2. I happen to have the VZ Cell radio version. The 9.7" screen is gorgeous, yet fits into the stock R/C mount without an extension. The tablet also has 3 gigs of ram and a fast processor. You will have plenty of horsepower to run this intensive app. I haven't had a single issue over about 8-9 hours of flight time (and yes, that covered recent FW and App updates.)
I also have the S2. Compared to the IPad mini 2 I was using , I can now see a big beautiful screen. Your right , it just fits in the cradle too. I love it!

iPads can certainly use 3rd party apps,
As far as sound goes, I wear a pair of Parrot ZIK noise cancelling headphones tuned by Lou Reed. ;-)
With 64gb I have plenty enough storage for my Phantom 3 flying needs.

RedHotPoker
3rd party apps are superior for android.
Sound is better on the shield.
64 gb is great but.. Removable storage is a huge advantage. Watch your actual flight videos in full resolution immediately ..Pull the card from the quad put it in the shield.. Can't do that with Apple.

3rd party apps are superior for android.
Sound is better on the shield.
64 gb is great but.. Removable storage is a huge advantage. Watch your actual flight videos in full resolution immediately ..Pull the card from the quad put it in the shield.. Can't do that with Apple.
Oh contrare ol' Freire. Apple sells a Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader. ;-)
Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
And have many other useful configurations as well.
Works like a charm with my iPad Air2 Cellular. Hahaha
Obviously, we could wrestle our devices back and forth for hours. Needless to say, I am actually overjoyed with my device choice.
Hopefully you are as well. Eh? Haha
What ever gets you flying and keeps us happy, is good with me.

RedHotPoker

Do you get any well fitting custom sun screen for the Galaxy Tab S2?
TabletSunShield.jpg

Sure do. I ordered THIS ONE. I've used it intensively for the past two weeks and am pretty happy with it. It just needed a small opening cut with a razor blade to accommodate the S2's offset mini USB plug location. Otherwise, I recommend it. It folds completely flat to fit in my travel case.

Reactions: RuneW
Took advantage of Verizons $250 off and added Mini 4 for $10 a month to my account.

The catch here is the 24 month contract or early termination fee of $175, however in my case I don't mind it since i just switched to verizon from at&t 5 months ago and really like the service i am getting.
So brand new Ipad mini 4 LTE 64 GB for $379 can't beat it.

This will take on double duty. 1) Be entertainment screen for my car since i have it mounted in the dash and i can take it out any time (just have to figure out how to implement charging and 2) be a screen for my P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using a UMI Touch for about 2weeks now works great with GO App but looking at the Shield now for something bigger.

I've been using Samsung Galaxy tab E 9.7 inch no issues whatsoever.

You have to "tether it" to the R/C every time you use it anyways. My VZ Note 5 worked flawlessly with the App. I just wanted a bigger screen.

I can highly recommend the Galaxy Tab S-2. I happen to have the VZ Cell radio version. The 9.7" screen is gorgeous, yet fits into the stock R/C mount without an extension. The tablet also has 3 gigs of ram and a fast processor. You will have plenty of horsepower to run this intensive app. I haven't had a single issue over about 8-9 hours of flight time (and yes, that covered recent FW and App updates.)
I have the S2. I had to go back to the IPad mini 2. For some reason my FPV was blotchy and grainy. The video was ok. Maybe I don't have a setting right in it. Unsure ... It's brand new. Got from Verizon last month. With data turned on. Ran in airplane mode , got 1500 ft and it started acting up.

Between Tab S 8.4 and Tab S2 8.0, which one suites DJI GO better?

FYI, 8.4 is 16:10, 8.0 is 4:3

Tablets and phones that work well DJI GO

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

[H][/H]

Apple Devices

iPhone 5s--(4 inches A7 chip)
iPhone 6--(4.7 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6 Plus--(5.5 inches A8 chip)
iPhone 6s--(4.7 inches A9 chip)
iPhone 6s Plus--(5.5 inches A9 chip)
iPhone SE--(4 inches A9 chip)
iPad Air --(9.7 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Air 2--(10 inches A8X chip)
iPad Mini 2--(7.9 inchesA7 chip)
iPad Mini 3--(7.9 inches A7 chip)
iPad Mini 4--(7.9 inchesA8 chip)
iPad Pro--(9.7 inches A9X chip)
►► iPad Pro--(12.9 inches A9X chip)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Air/Mini/Pro models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. The iPad Air will fit without case. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.

Note: Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

[H][/H]

Android Devices

►► Acer Iconia Tab--(8 inches1.33 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Acer Iconia Tab--(10.1 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Google Nexus 5--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 7 [2013]--(7 inches1.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Google Nexus 9--(8.9 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► HTC One--(4.7 inches1.7 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7--(6.8 inches1.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Huawei P8 Max--(6.8 inches2.2 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo A3500--(7 inches1.3 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Lenovo Tab S8-50--(8 inches1.86 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nubia Z7 Mini--(5 inches2.0 GHz2 GB RAM)
Nvidia Shield K1--(8 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► RCA Voyager II--(7.1 inches1.4 GHz1 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3--(5.7 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4--(5.7 inches2.7 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Note 5--(5.7 inches2.1 GHz4 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S4--(5 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S5--(5.1 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S6--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge--(5.1 inches2.1 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(7 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 2--(10.1 inches1.0 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite--(7 inches1.2 GHz1 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab 4--(7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c--(8.4 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(8 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab A--(9.7 inches1.2 GHz1.5 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(8.4 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(10.1 inches1.9 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro--(12.2 inches1.9 GHz3 GB RAM)
►► Samsung Galaxy Tab S2--(8 inches1.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Smartisan T1--(4.95 inches2.5 GHz2 GB RAM)
►► Sony Xperia Z2--(5.2 inches2.3 GHz3 GB RAM)
Sony Xperia Z3--(5.2 inches2.5 GHz3 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi 3--(5 inches2.3 GHz2 GB RAM)
Xiaomi Mi Pad--(7.9 inches2.2 GHz2 GB RAM)

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.

Note: The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Android device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

It's all misleading because it's giving vertical tablet and phones sizes and not horizontal !!!

Looks like I need to start looking at tabs. The only thing I have is an ipad mini and apparently the processor isn't up to the task.

I guess I'm going to try the ipad mini before moving to something else. I haven't received my P3A yet so I don't know how well the mini will work. I did see several posts saying that it did work. However, it isn't on the list of those that work.

I have had to replace two Nvidia Shield K1 because of charging issues I'm now in the market for a new tablet what would you recommend I have the Phantom 3 professional

I guess I'm going to try the ipad mini before moving to something else. I haven't received my P3A yet so I don't know how well the mini will work. I did see several posts saying that it did work. However, it isn't on the list of those that work.
I just read another post that the iPad mini gets hot and laggy in summer. I have IPad mini 2. My friends do too and we have no issues with performance. Perfect size for holder and for 200 bucks it's worth it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub