Lenovo 7" tablet

Reaction score
Gday everyone,
New to drones and my dad and i have a brand new Phantom 3 Standard. Very impressed so far. Have 10 flights so far and captured some awesome footage.
I have been reading alot I of everyone's posts here and its clear this is the subject matter expert place to be.

Anyway as you are all aware getting a medium tablet to use rather than my phone is a good option.

Want to know if anyone has / is using one of these
Lenovo Tab 2 A7-20 7"
The relevant specs are as follows,
  • Brand
    Lenovo
  • Operating System Edition
    Android 4.4
  • Operating System Type
    Android
  • Platform
    Android
Connectivity
  • Bluetooth Compatibility
    Bluetooth 4.0
  • Internet Connectivity
    Wireless
  • Wireless Protocols
    WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Display
  • Display Resolution
    1024 x 600
  • Display Size (Diagonal)
    7 inches
  • Touch Screen
    Yes
Processor and Memory
  • Number of Processor Cores
    Quad-Core
  • Processor Clock Speed
    1.3 GHz
  • Processor Manufacturer
    MediaTek
  • Processor Number
    MT8127
  • RAM Installed Size
    1 GB
Storage
  • Digital Storage Capacity
    8 GB
  • Included Flash Memory
    8 GB
  • Supported Flash Memory Cards
    microSD
  • Supported Flash Memory Cards
    microSD
Thanks for those that reply with good/ bad info.....

Neil

The Lenovo you state will work fine. I have an A7-10 and it's perfect and shows very little lag

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the 8" Lenovo A7 and it works just fine, with one exception. It will not run the 'Litchi' app from ver. 3.0 and up. It's ok though...you'll just have to side load ver 2.7 and stick with that. There haven't been any major feature upgrades since that so it isn't much of a bother

Is there any reason it doesn't run the latest Litchi? Was about to buy one as a stopgap as quite cheap in the UK

Is there any reason it doesn't run the latest Litchi? Was about to buy one as a stopgap as quite cheap in the UK

yup, Litchi 3.0 and above uses an upgraded video codec that the processor in the Lenovo doesn't handle well. the result is a very long lag on the FPV video. As I mentioned, the solution is to use the previous version of Litchi...2.7.0 I think...there's virtually no difference between the two versions in terms of features. BTW this problem doesn't exsist with the DJI GO app and all the other functions are fine. I'm quite happy with mine

Thanks for the info. I was specifically going to purchase one for pix4d and Litchi as my Intel based tablet isn't supported :-/ I'm assuming staying at 2.7 will mean missing the new announced tracking mode? Has Litchi devs had any feedback on the new code and possibly reverting back?

I don't think the tracking mode is available yet. nope, no word on flipping the codec issue.

I don't think the tracking mode is available yet. nope, no word on flipping the codec issue.

I just did a little googling and there are threads with the same issue but have had success by emailing tech support at Litchi. They have fixed the issue with rolling back the codec.

Tab 2 NO NO NO tried it useless lags, now got a honor x5 better than my iPad or iPhone, ebuyer [emoji106]

I just did a little googling and there are threads with the same issue but have had success by emailing tech support at Litchi. They have fixed the issue with rolling back the codec.

Are you sure??? Last time I checked (...about a month ago) ver. 3.0 still make the app lag on the Litchi. I know this cause my ver. 2.7.1 was auto updated and I had to roll it back. Frankly m hoping your right.

Tab 2 NO NO NO tried it useless lags, now got a honor x5 better than my iPad or iPhone, ebuyer [emoji106]

The tablet is fine if you're ok with using ver. 2.7.1 Read the previous posts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl