Synced flight logs, where they go?

Reaction score
I synced all my flight logs from the dji go app, and they have all disappeared from my phone / app now.

Where did they go?

How do I find them again?

Confused.com lol

Don't know how this works?

Are you syncing them for viewing in something like healthy drones? You are only syncing them and not deleting them. They should still be there at the very bottom of the flight summary page. Try swiping up from the bottom.

Are you syncing them for viewing in something like healthy drones? You are only syncing them and not deleting them. They should still be there at the very bottom of the flight summary page. Try swiping up from the bottom.

No, at the top right there is a icon of a cloud with a arrow circle inside it. I synced using this.

All flights are gone even if I swipe up.

No, at the top right there is a icon of a cloud with a arrow circle inside it. I synced using this.

All flights are gone even if I swipe up.
Does your screen look like this, with the
image.jpeg
list at the bottom to drag up?

Does your screen look like this, with the View attachment 76836 list at the bottom to drag up?

It did before I synced them all and cleared local flights. Now it looks like that but everything is zeroed. Like when you have your first flight.

IMG_0493.PNG

I always connect to wi fi before syncing , they are stored on DJI servers , if you accidentally deleted them before syncing they are gone , I've done that with my first flights , if you have them synced you can delete all data/ DJI GO APP , reinstall the app ( if having problems with app ) and you will be able to sync and get them back

It did before I synced them all and cleared local flights. Now it looks like that but everything is zeroed. Like when you have your first flight.

View attachment 76837
Thats weird, I have synced many flights and only lost records that I manually deleted. I have never cleared local records, which in your case probably included all your former history. If you have deleted all your flights, then you will have zero data on your flight info summary.

I always connect to wi fi before syncing , they are stored on DJI servers , if you accidentally deleted them before syncing they are gone , I've done that with my first flights , if you have them synced you can delete all data/ DJI GO APP , reinstall the app ( if having problems with app ) and you will be able to sync and get them back
Good point, I synced all my data in the old dji app before installing the dji go4. In the new app, I hit sync again and they were all there. Maybe the OP can try uninstalling/reinstalling the app and sync the new one.

Good point, I synced all my data in the old dji app before installing the dji go4. In the new app, I hit sync again and they were all there. Maybe the OP can try uninstalling/reinstalling the app and sync the new one.

I don't understand what you guys mean by syncing the app?

Update ...

I hit sync button too right. Choose all and they have all come back.

So does this mean the sync works both ways?

As I understood it hitting the sync cloud icon would take all flights etc stored on mobile device and sync them with DJI servers.

But when I hit it for the second time it downloaded all my previous data back to iPhone.

I'm co fused.

So does this mean the sync works both ways?
Yes, syncing will also download the flight logs. That's useful when using multiple devices and you want to combine the flight logs.

Reactions: Dazzauk
So my next question then is does having these files on your device possibly cause any lag when flying? Video feed wise

Previous flight logs just take some space on your mobile device, and not even that much. Unless you're really running out of space, they have zero impact on your device's performance, they just sit there and do nothing.
What could cause lag is the option to locally cache the video files ("Cache during video shooting" on iOS), as the app needs to save the video feed while you're flying. They also take a considerable amount of space, which could also cause problems over time (and that's why you can set a storage limit in the app).
I use a low-end Samsung Tab A for flying so I disabled video caching from day 1, without even doing any tests. It was an easy decision as I personally don't see any reason to cache 720p version of my flights on the tablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazzauk
Previous flight logs just take some space on your mobile device, and not even that much. Unless you're really running out of space, they have zero impact on your device's performance, they just sit there.
What could cause lag is the option to locally cache the video files ("Cache during video shooting" on iOS), as the app needs to save the video feed while you're flying. I use a low-end Samsung Tab A for flying so I disabled video caching from day 1, without even doing any tests.

I just checked and my coche during video shooting was turned on. I have now turned it off. But what effect will that have? Will I notice anything or loose anything for future flights?

Your flight videos (or better, a 720p version of them) will not be cached on your mobile device. It has no impact whatsoever on the actual video (saved on the AC), nor on the flight logs (saved on your device, and synchronized "in the cloud"). At least, that's my understanding, but as I said I never played much with that feature, as I always kept it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan