Saving camera footage to iphone

rjf

Reaction score
Can I save the footage that I get right to my iphone and play it back in the iphone, like the way you can take still photos and ahare it on facebook etc...
Thanks
Robert

Yes, but I don't think you can save the preview stream on your phone.

You can move the video recorded on the SD card directly to your iPhone using Apples Camera Connect Kit. They make two versions, one for USB connection, and a second one for SD cards. Connect the CCK to your iPhone (you need either the lightning version or the 30 pin connector version depending on the model iPhone you have) and insert the micro SD card into the SD adapter and then into the SD slot on the CCK. The phone should recognize the DJI files and allow you to load them into the camera roll on your iPhone. Once there, you can do anything you can do with photos or video you get from the iPhone camera.

A word of caution. The CCK is VERY PARTICULAR in what it will transfer. It is looking for a specific file name format and file type. It was developed for moving pictures and video to the iPad, so it's looking for a file that would be generated by a camera. The camera on the Phantom should work, but ymmv.

The CCK costs about $40 and is a good investment. I use mine almost every day. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl