Jittery Footage, Likely Causes???

Reaction score
My footage from my P3A is jittery. Any ideas why?

You can see it in the first couple of shots of this video. In particularly at the large white house on the right of the screen, starting at the 5-second mark of this video.

I was shooting in 2K at 60fps, and placed it on a 30fps (29.97, technically) timeline in Resolve, playing at 50% speed.

Also, I noticed on the P3A that there are TWO clear plastic pegs with the white bumpers - placed diametrically apart - that support the camera as it hangs down from the gimbal. That seems pretty normal, I guess. But I also noticed that there are holes for up to four pegs. Does adding more pegs make it smoother???

Thanks in advance.

No.
Replacing the 4 white bumbers probably will, they must be at least 8 years old by now.

Hi there, and thanks for your reply.

Just to be sure we are taling about the same thing, do you mean these little white rubber things that are highlighted in this photo?

I ask because you said there were four of them, and my P3A only has two of them (and two of the anti drop pins).

Thanks in advance for confirming.

Attachments

• P2121572-Edit.jpg
    P2121572-Edit.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 69
You should use 4 of the white bumpers you're missing two on the picture. And you only need two of them plastic ones.
Hi there, and thanks for the note.

Can you clarify this for me though?

Do I put two of the white bumpers on each of the plastic pegs?

Or do I put the bumpers between the holes where there are no pegs? So even if there are no pegs, there are still the white rubber bumpers?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Or do I put the bumpers between the holes where there are no pegs? So even if there are no pegs, there are still the white rubber bumpers?

4 white bumbers, 1 on each corner.
Their function is to damp vibrations.

2 pegs (locking/cotter pins), on diagonal corners.
Their function is to prevent the camera falling off, in case of a mild crash for example.

Reactions: Just Mark

Yes you should add two white bumpers were there is no bumpers and no plastic pegs.

4 white bumbers, 1 on each corner.
Their function is to damp vibrations.

2 pegs (locking/cotter pins), on diagonal corners.
Their function is to prevent the camera falling off, in case of a mild crash for example.

Thank you!!!

My footage from my P3A is jittery. Any ideas why?

You can see it in the first couple of shots of this video. In particularly at the large white house on the right of the screen, starting at the 5-second mark of this video.

I was shooting in 2K at 60fps, and placed it on a 30fps (29.97, technically) timeline in Resolve, playing at 50% speed.

Also, I noticed on the P3A that there are TWO clear plastic pegs with the white bumpers - placed diametrically apart - that support the camera as it hangs down from the gimbal. That seems pretty normal, I guess. But I also noticed that there are holes for up to four pegs. Does adding more pegs make it smoother???

Thanks in advance.
Nice video!

Also, while on the subject of adding and replacing the rubber bumpers, is it true that the plastic anti-drop pins can NOT be reused and just need to be cut off and replaced with new ones?

Thanks in advance.

Also, while on the subject of adding and replacing the rubber bumpers, is it true that the plastic anti-drop pins can NOT be reused and just need to be cut off and replaced with new ones?

Thanks in advance.
Click the link below to see how I’ve re-used the anti drop pins in the past. Even though it’s not my video, I’ve shared it several times. Hopefully it helps. Cheers!

P3A image issues

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl