P3 SE black and grey cable from camera board broken

Reaction score
Hello All, new to drones. Crashed my P3 SE and the camera separated from the mount that connects to the bottom of the drone. Everything looks like it should be fine other than the black and grey wires that connect to the board and go down into the landing gear legs. Anyone know where I can get replacement wires? I have attached a couple photos to show what broke and the black and grey wires going into the landing gear legs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• camera board.jpg
    camera board.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 44
  • drone camera mount.jpg
    drone camera mount.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 42
Parts like that are usually available on eBay, it’s wires from the board to antenna in the legs. They’re accessed through the removable panels on the legs. Look up DJI Phantom 3 antenna/legs and the wires should be there. Just found a couple on eBay but can’t paste for some reason.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Parts like that are usually available on eBay, it’s wires from the board to antenna in the legs. They’re accessed through the removable panels on the legs. Look up DJI Phantom 3 antenna/legs and the wires should be there. Just found a couple on eBay but can’t paste for some reason.
thanks, will check it out.

Reactions: Capt KO
thanks, will check it out.
I looked on ebay, those wires appear to be for the advanced and professional models. The SE model only has 1 black wire and 1 grey wire that go through the body to separate legs. In the legs they are soldered to a long rectangular board.

Sorry but I would be reluctant to swap out the P3SE antenna for the P3S antenna. You'd be stuck in 5.8 ghz, and also you'd likely be limited in distance. The P3 SE, and A/P antennas are a significant upgrade from the old version P3S and P2V 5.8 ghz antennas. IMO, best option is to simply replace the cable, if possible, while keeping the existing antenna. IIRC, there's a circuit board in the leg where you'd expect the antenna to be, and the antenna cable might connect to it if it has the right end (sorry, I don't recall how it's connected). Or better yet, swap out for a good P3SE antenna and cable if you can find one. Usually, when sold used, they are sold with the legs - as one part. Legs, antenna, cables, all one part.

Like this:

Or brand new antennas with cables attached (excluding legs) like this:

But I think it would be very difficult to source a good P3SE antenna (new or used, with or without legs) because P3 SEs are very rare relative to the other Phantoms.

Also, know that the P3 A/P are 2.4 ghz only. So using the P3 A/P antennas might work provided you were willing to stay in 2.4 ghz.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl