San Francisco Pilots

Menlo Park plans to ban drones in Bayfront Park...

This Wednesday (May 27th, 2015) the Parks and Rec Commission of Menlo Park will consider a recommendation by Staff that drone use be banned at Bedwell-Bayfront Park. Full details can be found here:

http://www.menlopark.org/DocumentCenter/View/7184

Some excerpts:
In April 2015, The Menlo Park Police Department began to regularly check drone activity at the Park. Officers on the assignment did not witness any users violating the FAA guidelines. When users were approached, they all seemed aware of the rules and nearby airports.

The FAA safety guidelines are recommendations. The 5 mile regulation under development by the FAA would eliminate drones within the majority of Menlo Park city limits, but it is not clear when the new regulations will be established (Attachment E). In order to address this pressing safety issue, staff recommends the proactive ban of drones at Bedwell-Bayfront Park. The ban will not impact flying kites at the Park. The ban will apply to unpiloted, remote controlled, aerial vehicles.​

In an attached story from IDG, the author includes a screenshot of a YouTube listing of videos taken at Bayfront Park. One of the titles mentions an altitude of over 3,000ft.

If you are interested in this issue, you may want to attend the meeting.

I'll be in San Fran June 12-14 if anyone is down to fly and show me the best place to fly around :)

We will be flying at 1:00 tomorrow at Treasure Island for all who wish to attend, you are invited. This is the first PhantomPilots meet-up :)

We will be flying at 1:00 tomorrow at Treasure Island for all who wish to attend, you are invited. This is the first PhantomPilots meet-up :)

nice meeting you today Jacob! had a good time flying with everyone to bad for the wind though

next time im in texas ill let you know!

Reactions: Jacob
**** I would've shown up to this meet up. I just went there did a live feed and forgot to hit the record button. So I had no footage on my sd card.

Anyway, who flew to Alcatraz or the bay bridge?
Subscribed to this thread. For the next meet up

Hello Guys, since not that many people post quadcopter experience on their resume I thought it would be a good idea to post here.

Job Opportunity for Quadcopter Enthusiasts

We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a technical support background. If you are into photography, video editing and have a passion for quadcopters this is an excellent career opportunity. This is a great opportunity to work with a fortune 500 company in San Mateo, CA.

Feel free to email a current copy of your resume to [email protected]

On my calendar. Not sure I'll have me P3 back by then but I may come out anyway.

Um, you realize BayLands Park is in TWO NO FLY ZONES correct? It's within 5 miles of Moffett Field, and San Jose Airport. Not trying to be a "debbie downer" here. But I think a better/safer location should be considered.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor