RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

The thing with the compass calibration is that you only need to do it once. It's not something you have to do everytime you fly.

I normally get it calibrated on the second try, and then that's it.

The thing with the compass calibration is that you only need to do it once. It's not something you have to do everytime you fly.

I normally get it calibrated on the second try, and then that's it.

First sentence not exactly true I think. Second sentence I agree with.

You should probably calibrate after changing hardware on the rig or its software. I haven't been able to calibrate successfully after 3.14 anywhere or anytime without powering down the gimbal.

That's really the only time I do one is when I move something on the bird as I stay pretty much in the same area .
Ha dirk, how's things?:D
Reading your post regarding your new antenna, is it worth me getting one then? Didn't think about the camera antennas being covered by the RP... Bit of a bummer! In your opinion is it still worth getting?

I would love to go that little bit further, live dangously.....;)
Not certain yet bro, I am working on it though . You using the 500 or 700 extender ?

First sentence not exactly true I think. Second sentence I agree with.

You should probably calibrate after changing hardware on the rig or its software. I haven't been able to calibrate successfully after 3.14 anywhere or anytime without powering down the gimbal.
Yeah, after a firmware upgrade or fixing something a calibration is recommended. And after that it should only need doing if you fly in a different place, miles from the last area you flew. Some people dont even calibrate and have zero issues.

Yeah, after a firmware upgrade or fixing something a calibration is recommended. And after that it should only need doing if you fly in a different place, miles from the last area you flew. Some people dont even calibrate and have zero issues.

+1
I only calibrate after an firmware update or if I fly more than 50+ miles away.;)

That's really the only time I do one is when I move something on the bird as I stay pretty much in the same area .

Not certain yet bro, I am working on it though . You using the 500 or 700 extender ?

Hi dirk,;)
See if you can get it to work, your the best!:D
I've got the 500 was thinking about getting the 700, this is just for the camera side, yeah?

Porky:D:D

I'm with you on that one. Not ideal by any means but it beats being grounded. I hope.

I emailed Keri also but he has ignored so many of my past emails I am not hopeful.
He doesn't respond to emails very well does he sounds like you guys are having the same problems then as me ...well if you hear from Keri and find a fix to this problem in the mean time shoot me a message and keep me posted , one other question do you guys have the old style compass or the new one was wondering if changing to the new compass style would make a difference

Last edited:
Squid,

I take it you've had no luck then? Bummer! See what the over guys come back with regarding the compass. As you know I have the latest version, could make a difference, who knows...;)

He doesn't respond to emails very well does he sounds like you guys are having the same problems then as me ...well if you hear from Keri and find a fix to this problem in the mean time shoot me a message and keep me posted , one other question do you guys have the old style compass or the new one was wondering if changing to the new compass style would make a difference

I have the original compass that came with the P2V. I have also considered trying an upgrade to the new "anti-static" compass. I believe some P2V users have successfully upgraded but others have reported that the compass cable is not long enough (original units had compass cable plug into GPS module).

I have the original compass that came with the P2V. I have also considered trying an upgrade to the new "anti-static" compass. I believe some P2V users have successfully upgraded but others have reported that the compass cable is not long enough (original units had compass cable plug into GPS module).
When I was on firmware 3.08 with the rotorpixel gimbal it worked flawless then upgraded to 3.14 and this happened wish I would have just stayed with 3.08 cause never had no problems what soever

No. Just saying that I have the new compass and there arent any issues regarding the cable not being long enough etc. Just unplug the cable and plug the existing one in.

I upgraded gimbal, compass, and transmitter pretty much all in one hit. I have the calibrating problem that others have, but I normally get it calibrated on the 2nd attempt. Ie calibrate, get flashing red lights, turn off/on Vision try again, works.

Like I said earlier, you only have to do the compass calibration once (unless you take it miles away, in which case you have to do it again). I know it should work on the first go, and its annoying that it doesnt, but it shouldnt be that much of a problem if it takes another minute or 2 to do it.

No. Just saying that I have the new compass and there arent any issues regarding the cable not being long enough etc. Just unplug the cable and plug the existing one in.

I upgraded gimbal, compass, and transmitter pretty much all in one hit. I have the calibrating problem that others have, but I normally get it calibrated on the 2nd attempt. Ie calibrate, get flashing red lights, turn off/on Vision try again, works.

Like I said earlier, you only have to do the compass calibration once (unless you take it miles away, in which case you have to do it again). I know it should work on the first go, and its annoying that it doesnt, but it shouldnt be that much of a problem if it takes another minute or 2 to do it.
oh okay no problems ever losing signal? just paranoid I guess seeing the red lights

The Vision + legs are slightly longer than normal legs. If you get that one you will need to do the other side as well :)

oh okay no problems ever losing signal? just paranoid I guess seeing the red lights
Its ok to be paranoid when you have all that money in the sky :)

If you get red flashing just try calibrating it again.

Squid,

Any luck with anything yet? Did home point/fail work when you tested it? Any luck with rolling back the firmware? Cor all these questions...:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT