RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Ya I switched over to naza mode about a week ago like it much better... I calibrate every time I go out I figure it's not hard to do and I always say better safe then sorry

I only calibrate the compass if I'm going more than 50 miles or so. I never calibrate it every time I fly.
So squid how long have you had you phantom 2 vision? I got mine from the guy who wears the red suit in December.;) I love my wife:):)

I only calibrate the compass if I'm going more than 50 miles or so. I never calibrate it every time I fly.
So squid how long have you had you phantom 2 vision? I got mine from the guy who wears the red suit in December.;) I love my wife:):)
Well got mine used of a guy probably 4 months ago but was to darn cold during the winter to fly so just got to flying it in the last 2 months or so

Squid,

Check this link out: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/vision-fpv-range-extender-app.30450/

Thought I'd give it a try before I put my hands in my pocket & fork out on one of the antennas dirk has just bought.;);)
Good antenna for the money porky but the only issue I'm having and you will too is that the 2.4 ghz antennas are in the sides of the camera and you have just now covered one up with the RPG. Still for the money I am staying with this one . ;)
Hey Squid ...if ya get tired of standing on that leg I fixed ya one so ya could change and have a rest :D ..
Squid.png

Reactions: Clampit
Update:

I took it for a spin this morning.
- Calibrated with the RPG powered down.
- Power down the P2V.
- Plug in the RPG.
- Power up the P2V.

Did 15 mins of test in GPS mode. All good. Will try the other mode tomorrow.

Well I got all kinds of weird things happening now and dont know what to do need heeeeelpppp.....dont even know where to start I turn on my wifi extender then my controller then the phantom, Im in Naza M mode I flick the switch 5 times to calibrate compass do the calibration after calibration I get continous red lights flashing, have to shut phantom off then repower it back up lights flash like they should green with 3 reds the slowly working its way thru then the first set of rapid green light then down to one red and one green then second set of flashing green the just one flashing green all should be good take off and homelock doesnt work when I am more then 10 feet away at all light stays flashing green, came home and now when I power on the phantom my gimble instead of trying to level out it starts to point down, whats going on need help, this all happened after I went from 3.08 to 3.14 firmware

Squid.. mine has always went down after I power up the bird . I have the new TX so I just roll the wheel up and it just shakes a little and then is fine .
I have not seen where they all didn't do that .
As far as your other issue I am on 3.12 and never had one .

mine used to sit straight when I would shut it off in 3.08 not a big deal that it tilts down but all these other problems have me freaked out to fly it even, why am I connected to more then 7 satellites and yet homelock doesnt work

can I go back to 3.08 and how do I do it
I could at first but then I never could get back and seen where other's couldn't so I don't think ya can bro .
You can download earlier downloads from Slinger's site as I did and try but I beleave being hooked up to the internet messed it up .
Maybe you can download them and then unhook and try . Don't know if that will work but that's all I got bro .

mine used to sit straight when I would shut it off in 3.08 not a big deal that it tilts down but all these other problems have me freaked out to fly it even, why am I connected to more then 7 satellites and yet homelock doesnt work
If it goes down when you power it off then you do not have it balanced . No idea on your other issue . New to me

Here's Slingers site and just look in software and it's all there http://droneslinger.com/index.html

Not a clue and not sure I would do that !! Not me anyway :eek:
I will look around Squid but I don't think any one has been able to go back .

Hey dirkclod when your in naza m mode and your right toggle switch is on GPS and your left toggle switch is in lock and you fly out say 30 feet and click your left toggle switch to the homelock position what color do your led lights go, im sure when I was on firmware 3.08 my one set of lights would go from green to yellow when in homelock then when I toggle out of homelock they would go back to green, now on version 3.14 they just stay green is this normal?

Hey dirkclod when your in naza m mode and your right toggle switch is on GPS and your left toggle switch is in lock and you fly out say 30 feet and click your left toggle switch to the homelock position what color do your led lights go, im sure when I was on firmware 3.08 my one set of lights would go from green to yellow when in homelock then when I toggle out of homelock they would go back to green, now on version 3.14 they just stay green is this normal?
Don't watch my lights bro I just watch what it does when I check HL to see if it comes back at me and if it does then I go off another way and do the same thing just to be sure. I go farther than you do , about 100' .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18