RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Update:

I took it for a spin this morning.
- Calibrated with the RPG powered down.
- Power down the P2V.
- Plug in the RPG.
- Power up the P2V.

Did 15 mins of test in GPS mode. All good. Will try the other mode tomorrow.
Did you have any problems with the rotorpixel gimbal since you had it what firmware are you running on the phantom

Reactions: dirkclod
You got a lamp with the other end of that deer?

-slinger
lo.jpg

:(:(
Hey dirkclod when your in naza m mode and your right toggle switch is on GPS and your left toggle switch is in lock and you fly out say 30 feet and click your left toggle switch to the homelock position what color do your led lights go, im sure when I was on firmware 3.08 my one set of lights would go from green to yellow when in homelock then when I toggle out of homelock they would go back to green, now on version 3.14 they just stay green is this normal?

Hi squid,

I'm gutted for you about the problems your having after upgrading to v.3.14, have you managed to revert back to 3.08?:(:(

The best way to test the LED's on your phantom, this is what I done when I 1st went over to Naza M, this was just to get myself familiarised with the LED Colour codes.

Place your phantom outside with no props on,
Turn on the TX, wifi repeater then the phantom,
Let the phantom get GPS lock,
Then start the phantom up, with both stick as you would normally do,
Then toggle the S1/S2 switches then you can see the LED codes your getting.
This help me out big time:)

Also remember the LED code on start up in Naza M mode,

One green, three red = 5 or less sats
One green, two red = 5 sats
One green, one red = 6 sats
One green, one green = 7 plus sats.

I hope the above helps you;);)

Porky:D

:(:(

Hi squid,

I'm gutted for you about the problems your having after upgrading to v.3.14, have you managed to revert back to 3.08?:(:(

The best way to test the LED's on your phantom, this is what I done when I 1st went over to Naza M, this was just to get myself familiarised with the LED Colour codes.

Place your phantom outside with no props on,
Turn on the TX, wifi repeater then the phantom,
Let the phantom get GPS lock,
Then start the phantom up, with both stick as you would normally do,
Then toggle the S1/S2 switches then you can see the LED codes your getting.
This help me out big time:)

Also remember the LED code on start up in Naza M mode,

One green, three red = 5 or less sats
One green, two red = 5 sats
One green, one red = 6 sats
One green, one green = 7 plus sats.

I hope the above helps you;);)

Porky:D
Ya Ive got that figured out already, one question for you when you flick into homelock do your lights stay green or do they change, been trying to figure this out but never got an answer, I was sure when I was one 3.8 the green went to yellow now they just stay green just dont know if this is normal or not, was even thinking about doing a hard reset, guess you cant rollback

Ya Ive got that figured out already, one question for you when you flick into homelock do your lights stay green or do they change, been trying to figure this out but never got an answer, I was sure when I was one 3.8 the green went to yellow now they just stay green just dont know if this is normal or not

I'll test right now, give me 5 mins:)

Make that 10 mins, LED's are flashing red, need to give the battery a little charge:rolleyes: flat............

Good antenna for the money porky but the only issue I'm having and you will too is that the 2.4 ghz antennas are in the sides of the camera and you have just now covered one up with the RPG. Still for the money I am staying with this one . ;)
Hey Squid ...if ya get tired of standing on that leg I fixed ya one so ya could change and have a rest :D ..View attachment 18487

Ha dirk, how's things?:D
Reading your post regarding your new antenna, is it worth me getting one then? Didn't think about the camera antennas being covered by the RP... Bit of a bummer! In your opinion is it still worth getting?

I would love to go that little bit further, live dangously.....;)

Ya Ive got that figured out already, one question for you when you flick into homelock do your lights stay green or do they change, been trying to figure this out but never got an answer, I was sure when I was one 3.8 the green went to yellow now they just stay green just dont know if this is normal or not, was even thinking about doing a hard reset, guess you cant rollback

Mines the same as yours greeeeeeen:) when I tested it the over day
It did come back to me;) so yours should.

Thanks Clampit just read it gonna go out and give it another wirl and see what happens, gonna test out homelock again and maybe the failsafe to make sure homepoint is being recorded

Thanks Clampit just read it gonna go out and give it another wirl and see what happens, gonna test out homelock again and maybe the failsafe to make sure homepoint is being recorded

Hope all goes how it should,;) I'll keep everything crossed for ya!

Did you have any problems with the rotorpixel gimbal since you had it what firmware are you running on the phantom

The RPG was, and is, working fine. I was on 3.08 now on 3.14. That's when the problem started.

Good news for me at least is it doesn't seem to matter that I calibrate with the RPG powered down then power the P2V and RPG up and fly. Just did my first ground station test run and all went well. Pretty **** cool actually.

PS. Initially I did have an issue with course and home lock not working but they both seem fine now. Don't know what that was about.

The RPG was, and is, working fine. I was on 3.08 now on 3.14. That's when the problem started.

Good news for me at least is it doesn't seem to matter that I calibrate with the RPG powered down then power the P2V and RPG up and fly. Just did my first ground station test run and all went well. Pretty **** cool actually.

PS. Initially I did have an issue with course and home lock not working but they both seem fine now. Don't know what that was about.
If you calibrate the phantom with the gimbal powered do you get the continuous red lights flashing that's the problem I'm having as well as the home lock not working correctly never tried course lock yet so does yours works good calibrating the compass with the gimbal unplugged then plugging it back in after calibration?

If you calibrate the phantom with the gimbal powered do you get the continuous red lights flashing that's the problem I'm having as well as the home lock not working correctly never tried course lock yet so does yours works good calibrating the compass with the gimbal unplugged then plugging it back in after calibration?

Yes, continuous red lights flashing after vertical rotation during compass calibration. Same as BmanCan I guess. http://www.phantompilots.com/posts/333501/

Yes, my Phantom seems to work fine (doesn't fly away at least) and can maintain laser straight flight paths like never before after I calibrate with the RPG powered down. I don't know if there is some gotcha waiting for me down the road so proceed at your own risk.

REMEMBER TO POWER DOWN THE COPTER before plugging or unplugging the RPG. Sorry for shouting but it seemed important.

I am concerned that if the RPG can cause enough interference for the compass calibration to fail, could it also interfere with the compass during regular flight. I really wish the Rotorpixel would respond to my emails and give some type of assistance.

I am concerned that if the RPG can cause enough interference for the compass calibration to fail, could it also interfere with the compass during regular flight. I really wish the Rotorpixel would respond to my emails and give some type of assistance.

I'm with you on that one. Not ideal by any means but it beats being grounded. I hope.

I emailed Keri also but he has ignored so many of my past emails I am not hopeful.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing