Home Lock not Working but Course lock OK

Reaction score
Hi All,

Strange problem, When I got my Phantom 2 + H3 3D Gimbal + AVL 58, Home Lock and Course Lock worked perfectly after I changed the Mode to Naza in the Assistant software.
Now, Course Lock works but when I flip the X2 Switch in third position, It's the same as 'Off' position; no Home Lock. And yes, I tried to switch to HL when the Phantom was at least 30 meters from me. Everything else seems OK; the GPS locks at the beginning, the Phantom flies very well, and the iOSD reports accurante information about satellites, positions, etc. The Gimbal and video transmitter works also very well and I get beautiful stabilized video shots.
I Got all the most recent firmwares and the software tells me no need to do a basic calibration (Also, calibration does not do anything to X2 Switch anyway according to the literature)

Hope someone can help with this. Thanks!

When you have the Phantom connected to the Assistant software, does it show the right position of the switch (in the IOC tab) as you physically change positions on it?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, in the assistant software the switch moves to the right functions; off, Course and Home Lock.

best,

Jack.

Hmmm interesting. My next guess would be that home point wasn't really recorded where you thought it was..?

Can you describe the exact HL behavior you're looking for and how you're trying to induce it (stick input)?

Thanks Guys!

Reply to OI: Since I am a beginner with the Phantom, I use the HL when the Phantom is far away and I do not see where the nose is anymore. In HL the Phantom will return to your position whatever position the nose is pointing. It works like the radial spoke of wheel and you are in the center (your initial position). It use to work when I got the Phantom but it stopped working after about 20 flights. Course lock works but it flies in a matrix fashion.

To Elwood: I make sure the GPS Home point is established before I fly by watching those green LED. Next time I fly I will test the Failsafe to see if the Phantom comes back to the home position. I have another idea also, I just got the Data Link Kit; with the iPad and Ground Station app I could verify the GPS position of the Phantom and assess if it is accurate.

Best,

I have had a similar problem with my P2V+. Course lock works but home lock is sporadic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't use it very often so I haven't tried to diagnose the cause. I always establish a good home position and never have a problem with RTH.

I often do not see the second set of green flashes as I am turning on the GoPro. To be sure I manually reset home position by toggling the left (s2) switch between the lower two positions several times. To check it I fly at least 30 feet away, yaw the bird and then switch to HL and try bring it back by pulling the right stick back.

Hi Guys,

I did some tests today with the DJI Data Link and Ground station running on an iPad. The GPS positioned the Phantom 2 at the right place. So the GPS is working correctly and I saw the green flashes meaning the position has been recorded. My next test, hopefully tomorrow, will be to try the RTH (failsafe) function to see if that works also. From the messages I have read so far, I'm not the only one having this issue, so I have a tendency to think this is a bug in software.

Best,

Jack.

Hi everyone,
Just finished the RTH (failsafe) test and everything went smoothly. The mini iOSD even indicated on the video the failsafe mode with the 'LAND' indication at the end. So, in conclusion everything works OK but the Home Lock feature. Beside a probable software / firmware bug, it is possible that some component added under the belly of the P2 could cause some interference preventing maybe the HL to click in. Since I want to add the Data Link module, I bought two mini shelves where I will install everything; mini iOSD, AVL58 and Data Link. Then we will se if the HL returns.

Cheers,

Jack

I have heard that the switches are very cheap and can fail.I bought better switches, but they are a lot larger than the stock switches.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl