RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Squid,

Any luck with anything yet? Did home point/fail work when you tested it? Any luck with rolling back the firmware? Cor all these questions...:)
Well not sure yet Clampit, gonna try tonight again, tried once already and rolling back didnt work, maybe it was something that was stored in the computer when I installed it because it wouldnt let me go back just kept directing me to the newest version 3.14, gonna try and install the assistant software on another laptop thats never had any Dji software installed on it and see if that works, nif that doesnt then my only hope of rolling back is to do a hard reset which seems easy enough to do then install 3.08 again

Well not sure yet Clampit, gonna try tonight again, tried once already and rolling back didnt work, maybe it was something that was stored in the computer when I installed it because it wouldnt let me go back just kept directing me to the newest version 3.14, gonna try and install the assistant software on another laptop thats never had any Dji software installed on it and see if that works, nif that doesnt then my only hope of rolling back is to do a hard reset which seems easy enough to do then install 3.08 again

I'll keep everything x for ya, I don't understand we both have the same bit of kit, one works & the other doesn't, no sence in that....:eek:

I'll keep everything x for ya, I don't understand we both have the same bit of kit, one works & the other doesn't, no sence in that....:eek:
well I did wipe it clean and installed the latest firmware again so will see if that makes a difference just haven't had the time to get out and fly,,,,man really gotta get my priorities in line lol then when a guys got time it's to **** windy hajahaha

never had time to fly yet planning on getting out tomorrow for sure, got the batteries on the charger, will let ya know tomorrow how it all works out Clampit, how you enjoying the new Gimbal?

Absolutely love the new gimbal, makes so much difference with film/photos, money well spent in my apinon. Thinking about fitting a pitch or barrel lever on the main TX instead of using the FPV screen to tilt the camera, need to do more research on it 1st;)

I wonder if our good old friend, dirk would know more about the pitch lever/ barrel, he's the man that would, help me out dirk......:):) Dirk, before you comment about the old bit, it's just a English saying.:D:D

I hope all goes well with your flight tomorrow & everything works as it should do, shout me when you've been out, I'll be very interested on your results;)

Like I said in one of old post, we have the same kit, one works & the other don't:eek: can't work that one out....... My P2V was one of the last production models before the P2V+ came out, may be that's why, again who know.....

Take it easy on your test flight tomorrow & good luck buddy!

Last edited:
Absolutely love the new gimbal, makes so much difference with film/photos, money well spent in my apinon. Thinking about fitting a pitch or barrel lever on the main TX instead of using the FPV screen to tilt the camera, need to do more research on it 1st;)

I wonder if our good old friend, dirk would know more about the pitch lever/ barrel, he's the man that would, help me out dirk......:):) Dirk, before you comment about the old bit, it's just a English saying.:D:D

I hope all goes well with your flight tomorrow & everything works as it should do, shout me when you've been out, I'll be very interested on your results;)

Like I said in one of old post, we have the same kit, one works & the other don't:eek: can't work that one out....... My P2V was one of the last production models before the P2V+ came out, may be that's why, again who know.....

Take it easy on your test flight tomorrow & good luck buddy!
I didn't do the mod but got the scroll wheel TX and was money well spent !!! Love it and where the wheel is really works well with our gimbals !!!
Ya ought to look into finding a RE700 extender too as that's one of my first mod's I did and it gave me twice the distance than the 500 !!
Know it's late here and me be gone so another English saying...cheerio old chap :D

Reactions: Clampit
I didn't do the mod but got the scroll wheel TX and was money well spent !!! Love it and where the wheel is really works well with our gimbals !!!
Ya ought to look into finding a RE700 extender too as that's one of my first mod's I did and it gave me twice the distance than the 500 !!
Know it's late here and me be gone so another English saying...cheerio old chap :D

I've just been told by the boss that I can't buy anything else for my PV2, what the f###k.......... I only mentioned about a new TX & RE700, she said noooooooooo.:eek::eek:

Me thinks she's got something planed, well it's a BIG birthday for me this year, Hawaii 5 0.....:) I'll keep you posted.

T,T,F,N (ta,ta for now):D

Reactions: dirkclod
Can anyone send me pics of the cables connected properly? I had to disassemble my Rotorpixel Gimbal, and concerned I am not connect the motor mounts, etc. into the correct pins!

Also, when I view picture in App, the tilt control is reversed, causing horitzonal control instead of vertical control.

thanks!

PS - Using the Vision 2+ with Rotor Pixel Gimbal

duckdogs007,

Cor that's a name & half;)

Check these pics out, hope this is what your after?
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Just call me porky:) one other person does:D:D

duckdogs007,

Cor that's a name & half;)

Check these pics out, hope this is what your after?
View attachment 19108 View attachment 19109 View attachment 19110

Just call me porky:) one other person does:D:D

Thanks "Porky"...photos helped!! I had the cable on the board attached to the wrong pins, causing the vertical & horizontal controls to flip. NOW, if I could only get my GPS calibrated!! The hortizonal will calibrate, but NOT the Vertical... :(

Reactions: Clampit
Thanks "Porky"...photos helped!! I had the cable on the board attached to the wrong pins, causing the vertical & horizontal controls to flip. NOW, if I could only get my GPS calibrated!! The hortizonal will calibrate, but NOT the Vertical... :(

Great news regarding your RPG, thumbs up to ya;)
There has been a couple of people on this thread who have had the calibrating problems, does it calibrate on the 2nd attempt, have you tried it?

What firmware version are you on, I'm on V3.14, mine calibrates 1st time;)

There we go....... 2 people now calling me PORKY! Love it:D
image.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine actually calibrated the first crack the other night when I went out too, no red lights so glad, should have my new controller with the wheel for the camera tomorrow.........gettin excited

Reactions: duckdogs007
Mine actually calibrated the first crack the other night when I went out too, no red lights so glad, should have my new controller with the wheel for the camera tomorrow.........gettin excited

Squid,
Great news about your new TX, let me know when you get it, again it's like Christmas in May for you:D:D

I'm doing the Yaw mod to my TX at the weekend, check out this thread;)

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/slow-yaw-mod-p2v.37999/

Yep, mine calibrated first time too. DJI must've fixed something in 3.14 that they broke in 3.12 :)

Great news regarding your RPG, thumbs up to ya;)
There has been a couple of people on this thread who have had the calibrating problems, does it calibrate on the 2nd attempt, have you tried it?

What firmware version are you on, I'm on V3.14, mine calibrates 1st time;)

There we go....... 2 people now calling me PORKY! Love it:D
View attachment 19163

MC Firmware V 3.14 (same here)....tried it again still no Cali on Veritcal axis.

Last edited:
MC Firmware V 3.14 (same here)....tried it again still no Cali on Veritcal axis.

Have you checked the compass tolerance in the DJI flight controller, may need to recalibrate your compass, worth a go;)

Have you checked the compass tolerance in the DJI flight controller, may need to recalibrate your compass, worth a go;)

Are you talking about the basic and advanced calibration in the PT2 software? If so, yes, I did that also. All of the Mod #'s are within the limis as well.

So what exactly happens when you try to calibrate it what do your lights show when you try to calibrate it
Squid,
Great news about your new TX, let me know when you get it, again it's like Christmas in May for you:D:D

I'm doing the Yaw mod to my TX at the weekend, check out this thread;)

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/slow-yaw-mod-p2v.37999/
Hey clampit got the new Tx wow is it nice to control the camera makes things way easier haven't tried it in the air yet just got it up and working and calibrated last night...gonna go fly tonight only supposed to have 5km/hr winds perfect flying weather tonight ...will let ya know how it works out.....

Are you talking about the basic and advanced calibration in the PT2 software? If so, yes, I did that also. All of the Mod #'s are within the limis as well.

Flip.....:confused: Now ya got me:eek::eek: I don't know what else to try:(:( I'll have to now put my thinking cap on:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164