RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Hey Dirk your tracker you said you pay 10 bucks a month to have that? is that a company in the U.S that you pay that too or how does that work just wondering how that would work for payment in canada here

Hey Dirk your tracker you said you pay 10 bucks a month to have that? is that a company in the U.S that you pay that too or how does that work just wondering how that would work for payment in canada here
I use AT&T and have it as just another phone . I could take the card in there and put it in a phone and use it with my plan .

hmmmm okay wonder how that would work here, I have my plan thru sasktel here, wonder if I got one of those if they could just hook it up on that somehow

hmmmm okay wonder how that would work here, I have my plan thru sasktel here, wonder if I got one of those if they could just hook it up on that somehow
Ask em .

I have the newer small motors RPG and am having trouble calibrating. Have not tried to disconnect the rpg power to calibrate yet.

I have the newer small motors RPG and am having trouble calibrating. Have not tried to disconnect the rpg power to calibrate yet.
I had problems with it as well when I got it, are you getting the continous red lights flashing, if so after you do the first calibration does shutting it off and doing a second calibration help, what firmware are you running?

I had problems with it as well when I got it, are you getting the continous red lights flashing, if so after you do the first calibration does shutting it off and doing a second calibration help, what firmware are you running?
Yes I get continuous red lights but cannot calibrate unless I unplug the gimbal first. I am running 3.12

Yes I get continuous red lights but cannot calibrate unless I unplug the gimbal first. I am running 3.12[/QUOTEi
I was running 3.08 when i first putthe gimbal on and it worked excellent then i updated to 3.14 thats when i started to get thw red lights i had to try twice everytime to calibrate i would calibrate once shut phantom off turn on and calibrate a second time and it uaually worked but then i went and did a hard reset of the flight controller from a video i watched on YouTube and that fixed the problem works good now.... now I dont calibrate everytime i fly just if I fly 50 miles or so away from where i normaly fly which is what alot of guya do i have talked with....im running 3.14 firmware

Can you send a link to the video? I will do a hard reset. I just put a new control board in the Phantom and updated to 3.12 a few weeks ago. Have not upgraded to 3.14.

Just this morning I calibrated using the computer software. Now I do not get the warning I need to calibrate when I am getting ready to fly. Have yet to try and calibrate the Phantom itself since I used the software to do it.

Here is a video of how I successfully added the 2.4GHz pinwheel antennas to the phantom without restricting the gimbal movement.

Well the video was to big of a file. I basically removed the wires out of the camera. Installed new 12" long wires the same gauge as the ones I removed. Drilled a hole out the back of the camera for the wires to pass through. Shaped the wires into springs by wrapping them around a small shaft of a screw driver. This allowed them to move freely. Then I tied them off to the gimbal frame. Now I lose radio control before my video transmission is lost. This eliminated the lost distance from covering one of the antennas with the RPG

Can you send a link to the video? I will do a hard reset. I just put a new control board in the Phantom and updated to 3.12 a few weeks ago. Have not upgraded to 3.14.

Just this morning I calibrated using the computer software. Now I do not get the warning I need to calibrate when I am getting ready to fly. Have yet to try and calibrate the Phantom itself since I used the software to do it.
here is the link to the hard reset video

Well the video was to big of a file. I basically removed the wires out of the camera. Installed new 12" long wires the same gauge as the ones I removed. Drilled a hole out the back of the camera for the wires to pass through. Shaped the wires into springs by wrapping them around a small shaft of a screw driver. This allowed them to move freely. Then I tied them off to the gimbal frame. Now I lose radio control before my video transmission is lost. This eliminated the lost distance from covering one of the antennas with the RPG
would love to see this video is there any way you could send it to me or is it up on you tube?

would love to see this video is there any way you could send it to me or is it up on you tube?
I can email the video. Would need your email address.
I watched the video you sent. The wiring is different on my P2V. Their is a plug in the F1 slot. Can I just unplug it to wipe it with the jumper cable then plug it back in to rewrite the firmware?

I can email the video. Would need your email address.
I watched the video you sent. The wiring is different on my P2V. Their is a plug in the F1 slot. Can I just unplug it to wipe it with the jumper cable then plug it back in to rewrite the firmware?
yes that what I did just unplug and jump I believe f1 and f2
just uplug the plug then jumper f1 and f2 I believe it is the start up phantom will hear a contiuous beep
just follow the video and you cant go wrong that what I did then install firmware version 3.14

Did you jump F1and F2 then wipe the controller and leave the jumper plugged in while you installed the firmware like the video or did you wipe the controller then shut down the phantom unplug the jumper, plug the gimbal cable back into F1 then restart and install the new firmware? I'm concerned if the gimbal cable is not hooked up the firm will not load correctly.

I reinstalled the firmware. I still get the red flashing lights when I calibrate. Also the camera rotates back up after I adjust it to point down some so I do not see the prop guards. Is that a setting?

Did you jump F1and F2 then wipe the controller and leave the jumper plugged in while you installed the firmware like the video or did you wipe the controller then shut down the phantom unplug the jumper, plug the gimbal cable back into F1 then restart and install the new firmware? I'm concerned if the gimbal cable is not hooked up the firm will not load correctly.
Left the jumper

I did the same. My gimbal now does not hold position. When I lower it and let off the gimbal dial it will raise back up on it's own.. I still get red lights when calibrating the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub