RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Hey Squid :) Glad ya got it in !! If the wheel moves it to fast for ya try changing it to 5 in assistant and it's better . That's what I ended up with anyway ;)

So what exactly happens when you try to calibrate it what do your lights show when you try to calibrate it

Hey clampit got the new Tx wow is it nice to control the camera makes things way easier haven't tried it in the air yet just got it up and working and calibrated last night...gonna go fly tonight only supposed to have 5km/hr winds perfect flying weather tonight ...will let ya know how it works out.....

Good on ya squid, image.jpg

So you now have better control over the camera tilt, yeah;)
Also what people have said that have upgraded to the new TX is you get better distance, let me know:) I'm not aloud to get one nor the 700.... What a bigimage.jpg er.........:(:eek::(

SQUID -- I get green on Hortizonal Cali and Red/Yellow blinking on Vertical Cali....with ZERO satellites...(outdoors of course)

I'm very close to either replacing the GPS module or sending it off for repair to dronefly or dronenerds

SQUID -- I get green on Hortizonal Cali and Red/Yellow blinking on Vertical Cali....with ZERO satellites...(outdoors of course)

I'm very close to either replacing the GPS module or sending it off for repair to dronefly or dronenerds

Hey duck!:D

Have you tried disconnecting the RPG before you calibrate?

I
Hmmmm that is weird why you get green on the one way and red on the other my guess would be gps module but I'm not to sure either
know I was getting red lights flashing continuos when I upgraded to 3.14 I would get the red lights then if I shut the phantom off and did it a second time it would calibrate but since I erased the info on the flight controller and reinstalled 3.14 I have no more problems

Here we gooooooo, another idea....;)

Have yoy tried putting a small magnet around the compass a couple of times then recalibrate it;)

Have you tried turning it off then on again and then recalibrating??

I used to get this, but doing it a 2nd time seemed to work.

I dont think this is a Rotorpixel problem but something DJI have done in the 3.12 firmware. Im on 3.14 and it worked the first time when I flew a few days ago.

If we can get you up & running here that would be great:) sending your phantom back would take sooooo much time which is a pain in the butt;)

Have you contacted your repairer for a time frame?, last resort me thinks;)

DD007,

I dont think this is a Rotorpixel problem but something DJI have done in the 3.12 firmware. Im on 3.14 and it worked the first time when I flew a few days ago.
I have to 2nd what Cyclone said about it's not a RPG thing, as I have a CNC milled China Gimbal and had the same issues. Mine went away after a few times, without any direct action on my part.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned or if you thought of it, but try not to hold the craft by it's landing gear where the compass is located. Also, open up the compass housing on the gear and see if the 4 pin connector may have come lose, or maybe inside the craft.

I have to also agree with porky

If we can get you up & running here that would be great:) sending your phantom back would take sooooo much time which is a pain in the butt;)

Hey Squid :) Glad ya got it in !! If the wheel moves it to fast for ya try changing it to 5 in assistant and it's better . That's what I ended up with anyway ;)

Dirk,

really curious about what you are refering to. My camera is actually not moving fast enough for me (it moves/reacts to craft movement great, on the scroll wheel not so much), and where could I change the speed, if in fact that is what you are talking about?

Thanks ahead of time...

f

Cyclone - Not certain if RotorPixel or not, but I do know when I disconnect the Gimbal, and try to Calibrate, I get green on horizontal, then Yellow on Vertical. WITH the Gimbal hooked up, I get green, then RED/Yellow on Vertical.
I did re-install the firmware as well... I have not tried the magnet approach yet. I have had a few crashes in the past....but opened it up and checked the GPS module and it seemed ok. My last flight w/out GPS flew fairly ok, except the drifting was really bad b/c of no gps.

thanks for all the Tips, keep those suggestions coming, I am trying them all !!

Thanks for the tip Dirk ya works way better on 5.....love this gimbal man......just ordered a RE700 WiFi extender too yahoooooo
Yep, the gimbal makes all the difference in the world !! The 700 will give ya more distance but you do have to remember and won't go into it here but with this gimbal you have covered 1 of your antennas and the only way around this is to do more mods which I have done and why I get the distance I do .
But we talking having to get in this camera like this.
3.jpg
Antenna on right is useless covered by gimbal so ya have to do this to add bird side antennas
7.jpg
You will get much better with the 700 but just how far you want to go you have to do these things :eek:
You can really get carried away messing with this stuff and if ya really don't need all the distance and don't want to get this involved with it JIMO
Just see what you do get with that 700 and enjoy flying what ya got ! :D

Ya thats a little complicated for me yet, Ill see what the 700 gives me I dont want super distance would just like to get out maybe 1000 to 1200 feet would be plenty......but who knows a guy can become addicted real quick hahahahahah

Reactions: dirkclod
Ya thats a little complicated for me yet, Ill see what the 700 gives me I dont want super distance would just like to get out maybe 1000 to 1200 feet would be plenty......but who knows a guy can become addicted real quick hahahahahah
moving Jack N.gif
Yep :eek: ..Ya should have no problems getting that or more Squid :)

Clutching at image.jpgnow!!:D

Have you calibrated your PV2 when you have full GPS signal, 7+ sats?

That's how I do mine;);)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24