RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

I reinstalled the firmware. I still get the red flashing lights when I calibrate. Also the camera rotates back up after I adjust it to point down some so I do not see the prop guards. Is that a setting?
Its weird your still getting the red lights after i did this my red lights were gone.... You tried to calibrate it outside in an open area

Yes. Multiple times. I had to unplug the gimbal and turn off the camera to get a successful calibration.

I flashed the controller a second time and my gimbal dial now works great the camera stays at the pitch I want. Have not tried to calibrate the compass yet. I do have a brand new compass landing leg I will install next if it does not calibrate right next time I try.

I flashed the controller a second time and my gimbal dial now works great the camera stays at the pitch I want. Have not tried to calibrate the compass yet. I do have a brand new compass landing leg I will install next if it does not calibrate right next time I try.
heres a question for you when you scroll up with your camera how high does it go, mine used to only go to the half way point or center i guess now after doing a calibration in RC assistant it goes higher, if I dont pay attention it goes high enough that I get the props in the picture sometimes

Mine goes just above center. It definitely sees the props if I take that far up. It will also point straight down or just shy of it.

Dirk,

really curious about what you are refering to. My camera is actually not moving fast enough for me (it moves/reacts to craft movement great, on the scroll wheel not so much), and where could I change the speed, if in fact that is what you are talking about?

Thanks ahead of time...
Sorry Intruder as I was just re reading here and saw I had missed this but here is where I have mine right now .
At the bottom where I have mine at 5 it is normally 10 and don't know if it goes faster [above 10 ] as I have never tried .
Just delete what's in there and try a higher number and don't forget to hit enter and see if that helps ya !!!
Am sorry I miss this :oops:
Speed.jpg

Sorry Intruder as I was just re reading here and saw I had missed this but here is where I have mine right now .
At the bottom where I have mine at 5 it is normally 10 and don't know if it goes faster [above 10 ] as I have never tried .
Just delete what's in there and try a higher number and don't forget to hit enter and see if that helps ya !!!
View attachment 19796
Thanks Dirk. I thought that is what you were referring to. And I've tried changing the values, but nothing seems to change the speed of my CNC china gimbal. It is slow, probably as slow as using the app. I know it can move faster, because it does when compensating for flight inputs.

Thanks for looking over the post again, but no need to apologize. Any help from all members should not be take for granted but is highly appreciated in my book.

I will keep trying to change the speed and if I find anything, I'll post it.

I have a new issue during last flight. My gimbal is jerking massively when I roll left. Not right or any pitch, but only left input. It jerks all the way up and slowly levels back out. Started all suddenly during a 15 minute flight. Hopefully just a temporary glitch. I need to get back out and keep flying. If I can't fix it, I will start a new thread asking for anyone's experience.

Again, thanks for revisiting the question...

Reactions: dirkclod
View attachment 19796

Thanks dirk,

That sorted my camera out pointing to high, had to put the "pitch min" to -550 all good now.;)

Last edited:
You can play with the #'s and watch where your camera goes to see just what you want while still hooked up .
I play with those numbers sometimes just to see what it looks like when flying . I like to see the props in some of my pictures porkey ! ;)

View attachment 19796
Thanks again for re-visiting.

I made some discoveries while looking over your post. First, on the CNC milled China Gimbal, changing the manual speed setting has no effect. Either to 5 or to 100 (the max input), manual movement stays the same. Or well, must be in the software settings. Not that important to mess with to me.

Then I noticed another difference in your RPG settings versus mine: Your Automatic Control Gain settings are at 20. With the China it HAS to be set to 0 otherwise you would experience overcompensation. It took me two days to figure that out...

Finally, the servo travel limit settings are different. I have to set mine at 900; 0; -250 to have it point high enough and avoid most arm and rotor view in the footage, and to show straight down. So, that is also noteworthy...

Also, the issue I had with the jerking of the gimbal/camera when flying to the left: Duh...
image.jpg

It was my super-fast input causing the earlobe of the camera to hit the underside of the gimbal and jerk away pretty violently because of the speed and force of the impact. Another something learned...

Last edited:
Thanks again for re-visiting.

I made some discoveries while looking over your post. First, on the CNC milled China Gimbal, the manual speed setting
Am glad if it helped you bro :)

My gimbal got caught in a little rain this morning and when I brought it down it was shaking bad . Brought it in and now it just does not do anything but blink fast green . When I power it up the camera will just shake now ? Not sure what to do !!!
Does not respond to the TX at all . Maybe just damp inside ? Any idea's ?

My gimbal got caught in a little rain this morning and when I brought it down it was shaking bad . Brought it in and now it just does not do anything but blink fast green . When I power it up the camera will just shake now ? Not sure what to do !!!
o_O Put the hair dryer to it for a few minutes and now it works fine ! :)
Did I just ask for help and gave it to myself :confused:
And it worked :D
I scare myself sometimes :eek:

Reactions: Clampit
Oh sh!t...

Stick it in a tupperware with dry rice and close the lid ASAP!

Not sure what damages are done, but DO NOT POWER ON any more until at least 24 - 48 hours in the box. The best way to dry stuff out, unless you have silica around your house? Was it a lot of rain or drizzle? Anyway, it needs to dry thoroughly.

Nice one dirk;) question & answer from one person:D

Glad you got it sorted out, damp electronics in the gimbal.:)

:D Wasn't that wet !!! Hair dryer took care of it !! You are right about the rice and stuff though ;)
Works fine now ! Did scare me though :eek:

Reactions: Intruder101

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj