RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

Im still using 3.08 works great and read where a few couldnt get it to work properly with 3.12 so thinks mes just gonna stick with what works

Have you been out flying any more? How's your RP been? I've only tested mine once just after I installed it but since then the weather here has been crap.

Hi squids,
My DJI Phanton 2 Vision assistant is 3.8 on the PC. When I installed my RP the flight controller firmware was v3.12. I Installed v3.14, callibrated the compass & hay presto it worked 1st time for me.:D
No errors which I must admit I was expecting. I kept the RP live (turned on) for the calibration dance, always fill like a wally when I'm doing this but must be done:):)
so okay sounds good now being a newbie myself do I have to instal 3.12 first or can I just do the 3.14 ? Ive got 3.08 now

Ya I was out tonight for a while, but shut it down when a few drops of rain started to fall, I had it out with a real good wind today wind was even pushing the phantom around and watched the short video I recorded and WOW video was not shaky at all real smooth considering how the craft was moving around simply amazing love this thing lol

so okay sounds good now being a newbie myself do I have to instal 3.12 first or can I just do the 3.14 ? Ive got 3.08 now

I'm the same as you "newbie" I think as long as you have assistant 3.8 on your pc then you should be able to download the new flight controller (3.14) when you hook your phantom up to the pc does it ask you if you want to upgrade?.

well I did it updated to latest firmware 3.14 and everything seems to be working like it should hurray :)

Good on ya;) now we just need a test flight. Me you or cyclone to report back on how it was.

I dont think it will be me. Its windy here all week - 49mph at some point :(

I am having exactly the same issue and have made several posts trying to determine if others were having similar issues. Note that this issue started since updating to firmware 3.12.

http://www.phantompilots.com/posts/333501/

I emailed Keri and explained that the only way to get a successful calibration was to unplug the RP gimbal.
Is your gimbal one of the early models shipped with larger motors?

BManCan
Did you ever get this problem figured out with the flashing red lights right after calibration, I just updated from 3.08 to 3.14 and now right after I do a compass calibration my red leds just keep flashing until I power off then on again then its good so it seems so far, wasnt doing this till after the upgrade, I have the newer gimbal with the small motors

Did you ever get this problem figured out with the flashing red lights right after calibration, I just updated from 3.08 to 3.14 and now right after I do a compass calibration my red leds just keep flashing until I power off then on again then its good so it seems so far, wasnt doing this till after the upgrade, I have the newer gimbal with the small motors

Hi squid,

I've had no problem with calibrating my compass on v3.14, I've just tested it again with the gimbal turned on, no problems.

Have you got the new type compass or the old type? The new type is in a housing that's attached to the landing leg, see attached pic. That's what I've got.;)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi squid,

I've had no problem with calibrating my compass on v3.14, I've just tested it again with the gimbal turned on, no problems.

Have you got the new type compass or the old type? The new type is in a housing that's attached to the landing leg, see attached pic. That's what I've got.;)
View attachment 18454
well mine doesnt look like that so im assuming mine is the old one, think that would make a difference?

well mine doesnt look like that so im assuming mine is the old one, think that would make a difference?
actually just went out and tried it right now, guess the new software is more touchy, never really thought about it before but was trying it in the driveway, lots of rebar in the concrete maybe, took it to the back yard no more red lights lol yahoooooo

I dont think it will be me. Its windy here all week - 49mph at some point :(

oh that sucks its been windy here too lately wasnt bad to day hopefully get out here in the next few days to try it out, will keep ya posted

Hi guys,

Took mine out this afternoon for a quickie flight, all ok with v3.14.:D:D Let me know how you guys get on.

well just took mine out for a quick try and got the red lights contiually flashing shut phantom off turned on again seemed to work tried it out but now my home lock doesnt seem to work , I get the rapid flashing green lights when loading but yet home lock doesnt seem to work, any ideas why anyone, dont know what to do this all happened after I upgraded to v3.14

Hi squid,

Are you flying in phantom mode or naza m mode?

Have you tried re calibrating your TX, may be worth a go;)

Wonder why when I took it out earlier this morning into the back yard turned on the phantom calibrated
Hi squid,

Are you flying in phantom mode or naza m mode?

Have you tried re calibrating your TX, may be worth a go;)
flying in naza mode I have re calibrated the receiver gonna go out tonight into an open field and give it a try and see what happens will keep ya posted on what I find out....thanks Clampit

Wonder why when I took it out earlier this morning into the back yard turned on the phantom calibrated

flying in naza mode I have re calibrated the receiver gonna go out tonight into an open field and give it a try and see what happens will keep ya posted on what I find out....thanks Clampit

Yep same as me, I fly in naza mode. When I upgrade the firmware I always recalibrate everything, I just like to be safe than sorry:)

I tried homelock/failsafe/courselock & atti mode, all ok my end. I was just going to take my phantom out in the garden for another test but it's now pi##ing down with rain:(:(

Ya I switched over to naza mode about a week ago like it much better... I calibrate every time I go out I figure it's not hard to do and I always say better safe then sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18