RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

:(
Sorry.

Maybe mid was 200? Keep playing there, you'll get it right!:)
No need to be sorry dawg !! We will get this figured out ! :D

Reactions: Fplvert
Cool thanks Dirkclod gonna try balancing it this evening see if that helps....thanks again my friend for all your help
Tis no problem as we help each other !!
teeth bird.jpg
ya know ;)

OK ...Then both of ours is off :eek: It is not straight down as I took mine up and centered over a spot and slowly yawed around and in the video you can see it's not . That might be as far down as it goes but it is not straight down and hoped someone that has had one for awhile would say if it is just that way or if I have something set wrong .
As far as where does it set when I shut it off I just took this picture to show you mine . That's where it was when I did power it off . never moved but a tiny bit. If yours does look at the clip Skip posted for me a page back post 340 and that helped me !
View attachment 17736 It just rolled a little and there's a post ether here or in the other RPG thread to a link on doing a calibration that helps .I printed it off and not hard to do . :)
Well Dirkclod balanced the gimbal this evening and now when I shut the phantom off she sits right where yours sits, perfect.....now at least when I shut it off it doesnt hit before I always had to tilt the gimbal to set it down when off, works mint now, im a happy camper yahoooooo lol

Hate to jump in in the middle of this but all is fine now but wonder about this . I have my settings at 1000/-500/-500
and all seems good with these but I noticed that I am not straight down as in the picture . Is this as far as I should get
or do I need to change something else ? Thanks :)
View attachment 17721
Hey Dirkclod did ya ever figure out if your gimbal was normal pointing down the way it does or did you get it finally to point straight down noticed mine doesnt go straight down either, what did ya do to fix this

Hey Dirkclod did ya ever figure out if your gimbal was normal pointing down the way it does or did you get it finally to point straight down noticed mine doesnt go straight down either, what did ya do to fix this
Nope ,no one has ever said but when it's in the air it seems to be straight down by looking at the video's .Just don't look that way on the table !
When ya go up again get over something and hover and yaw around in a circle and then look at the video. Like spin it . .

ya I noticed on the table it doesnt seem straight down, will try looking down and moving around more next time....love the gimbal thou
Ya we better love it as it cost like rip $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

ahhhhhh its only money Dirkclod, cant take it with ya when ya die, spend it and enjoy it thats the way I look at it
LOL ! Yea I do bro , see...put this on today
DBS1.jpg

Pleased to see you have one of those Itelite antenna systems Dirk. I have had one on order for a few days now. How did you find it was to install? Was it easy? Be interested to see how much difference it makes to your video and control distances. ;) Expecting mine to be a bit more expensive as we get stung by custom charges importing to the UK (robbing bastards! :D ).

Reactions: dirkclod
Pleased to see you have one of those Itelite antenna systems Dirk. I have had one on order for a few days now. How did you find it was to install? Was it easy? Be interested to see how much difference it makes to your video and control distances. ;) Expecting mine to be a bit more expensive as we get stung by custom charges importing to the UK (robbing bastards! :D ).
Not hard buddy but have done the extender mod 4 times now .It is a great antenna and won't really know just how good it does till I get a few more idems in to put the Fat Sharks on the bird .As you know that gimbal does cover 1 of your 2.4 antennas in the camera . I hate you'll have to bay all that extra bro, that just sucks !!!!
TIP / This is really OT but gonna show ya here before ya do it . Look at more than his how to vedios before ya do it and on the one with the extender put your cable holes like mine and not where he put's his as ya have more room the way then the other , I tried and then had to move it .That sticker you see cover's the hole where I put it the first time .
mod.jpg

I think I will do mine like this later .http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...testing-now-page-19.31622/page-17#post-359683
Ya have any question's PM me :)

Reactions: Electric Warrior
Thanks Dirk, for your tip and the links ;)

Got it figured out and it works now. As I said before, Kerri at RotorPixel had me order a new control board.

Now I have two questions because I can never seem to get in touch with him:

1. How can I copy the firmware/settings from the new board to my computer for backup?

2. How can I transfer the firmware/settings from the new board to the old board?

Thanks for anyone who is willing to help me with this.

I only have Apple computers, but can borrow a pc laptop if it is absolutely necessary to use that. I would think just doing a data transfer/storage that any computer should work, but…what do I know.

Again, a hearty Thank You! to anyone who can help me with this.

Not hard buddy but have done the extender mod 4 times now .It is a great antenna and won't really know just how good it does till I get a few more idems in to put the Fat Sharks on the bird .As you know that gimbal does cover 1 of your 2.4 antennas in the camera . I hate you'll have to bay all that extra bro, that just sucks !!!!
TIP / This is really OT but gonna show ya here before ya do it . Look at more than his how to vedios before ya do it and on the one with the extender put your cable holes like mine and not where he put's his as ya have more room the way then the other , I tried and then had to move it .That sticker you see cover's the hole where I put it the first time . View attachment 18096
I think I will do mine like this later .http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...testing-now-page-19.31622/page-17#post-359683
Ya have any question's PM me :)

I'm thinking about getting this bit of kit, I'll shout you within the next couple of weeks for more info buddy! I'll also check out the link you attached tooooo.;)

Hi all,

Instead of buying new landing gear or attaching extra parts to give you height so the camera doesn't hit the ground, easy solution I attached the black pads you get with your P2V to the ones that are already on the bottom of the landing gear. This gives you about another 5/6mm clearance.;)
image.jpg

Hi all.

Early adopter of the Rotorpixel gimbal here. Been happily and successfully using the 1st version for a year or so now. All was good until a day or two ago.

I was holding off upgrading firmware but needed to try the ground station feature so I pulled the trigger and updated to 3.14. Now when I do a compass calibration when the process ends (after the vertical spin) the P2V flashes red and won't stop.

The reason I'm posting this in this topic is because if I take the gimbal off. I can calibrate successfully. Even with it attached but unplugged from the Phantom I can calibrate successfully.

I"ve searched everywhere I could think to see if this is a known issue with no luck. I've done advanced calibration in the app. All the values are within tolerances. Degaussed the compass anyway.

Calling DJI is useless. Unless one of you guys (Keri?) has an idea I may just calibrate with the gimbal powered down, cut the power to the Phantom and plug the gimbal back in and try a flight. A tiny distant voice is telling me this is a bad idea. Anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

Im finding at the moment that it needs 2 goes for a proper calibration.

The first time I get flashing red lights, then power off/on and try again. Then it normally works.

Hi all.

Early adopter of the Rotorpixel gimbal here. Been happily and successfully using the 1st version for a year or so now. All was good until a day or two ago.

I was holding off upgrading firmware but needed to try the ground station feature so I pulled the trigger and updated to 3.14. Now when I do a compass calibration when the process ends (after the vertical spin) the P2V flashes red and won't stop.

I am having exactly the same issue and have made several posts trying to determine if others were having similar issues. Note that this issue started since updating to firmware 3.12.

http://www.phantompilots.com/posts/333501/

I emailed Keri and explained that the only way to get a successful calibration was to unplug the RP gimbal.
Is your gimbal one of the early models shipped with larger motors?

BManCan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl