Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Xcopter said:
Pull_Up said:
mra1228 said:
So, back to business. For those with the rotor please help me with two issues:

1.) I use 7th channel and the DJI "assistant" settings have no effect on the camera tilt via 7th chan lever. Does anyone know how to adjust or tell me where I can find the gimbal board "assistant"?

2.) Simon was helpful on dampers and jello but I've tried loose and "6 turns" on dampers but I still get some jello (props new and balanced). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2) Try tightening it up, go to 7 or 8 turns (mark the thumbwheels so you are definitely doing a full revolution). Totally counter-intuitive but worked for me.

In my mind the fixings provided going through the dampers seems a bit counter intuitive as it stops the dampers from doing its job. Shouldn't the fixings be separated for the top and bottom of each damper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a möbius cam on my 450. And had terrible jello with the vibration dampers. Took off the dampers and hard mounted it. No jello now at all. Go figure.

He is no doubt doing that, but as said earlier he is travelling back home at the moment so there may be a lag before he can answer his emails and get on here to provide updates to whats happening, but he has always appeared and kept people informed, so don't think it will be long before he is back with updates.

I'm quite happy letting the beta tester guys fly their gimbals and report back with the best way to setup etc before mine arrives, and lets be honest the more experienced guys will provide the most useful feedback for the rest of us, so lets not begrudge them their gimbals as we have already seen how good the gimbal actually is !

:lol:

Mori55 said:
I have a möbius cam on my 450. And had terrible jello with the vibration dampers. Took off the dampers and hard mounted it. No jello now at all. Go figure.

That's interesting!! Perhaps that is why Pull_Up also experienced less jello when he tightened the screws.

Once I get mine I'll have to play with the screw fixings till it's perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc111 said:
Correct.

Good point :D
Have to wait at least 2 more months before mine will arrive, by then problems should sorted out.
But since last week Thursday or Friday nobody heard a thing from Keri.
Maybe he travelled to another planet. In that case I can understand it takes a while before updating us.
On planet Mother Earth , you shouldn't have too much problems to check your emails. All airports have wifi you know.

:p

I appreciate what you are saying but imagine how many emails he has to wade through not just from us but suppliers etc, let alone the junk which we all get bombarded with, but he wont have forgotten about us :cool:

marc111 said:
Looks like Keri has a lot of admirers here.
No offend but you should be on the other side.
He took our money already.
If he can't keep up he should hire more staff.
Business is business my friend.
:!:

He took peoples money....with the proviso that :

* people signed to say there would be a wait and this was an ADVANCE order
* he has openly said if anyone is not happy they can have their money back !

What else is the bloke supposed to do ??????

Personally I cant get my head round some of the crap that is thrown his way, when everything he does has been transparent.

If you don't like the fact he has your money you shouldn't have ordered it, OR ask for it back and he will oblige quite happily......your choice m8

:cool:

pyrophantom said:
He is no doubt doing that, but as said earlier he is travelling back home at the moment so there may be a lag before he can answer his emails and get on here to provide updates to whats happening, but he has always appeared and kept people informed, so don't think it will be long before he is back with updates.

I'm quite happy letting the beta tester guys fly their gimbals and report back with the best way to setup etc before mine arrives, and lets be honest the more experienced guys will provide the most useful feedback for the rest of us, so lets not begrudge them their gimbals as we have already seen how good the gimbal actually is !

That's been a long flight. Must have stopped off at Shenzhen.

On a more serious note, I'm quite happy that a limited amount originally went out and that the mistakes were caught. I (think) am in the first 100 orders and it would have been heartbreaking to receive a malfunctioning gimbal. So, definitely glad that they have caught the mistakes and are correcting them. I fully believe once Keri is back in Canada that it will be smooth sailing.

marc111 said:
Yes, fair enough.

He also told us that the first batch, 100 gimbal would go out.

How many did go out ???
Poor Keri did not reach his goals, ohhhhhhhh
We have to face the facts, not get sentimental because it is business
Don't take it personally please ;)

Let's crucify every man on this earth for not reaching their goals/expectations... How many would be still standing?

Im not taking anything personal m8 but why oh why do people come on here complaining when the order terms and conditions are as plain as the nose on your face and you HAVE to say you have read and understood them, so why are people so obsessed with bitching about it all the time.

Its a simple order process, if people choose to ignore it then come on here to ***** about it afterwards, then tough titty !

Its not rocket science, and people like me who want to read about the gimbal and peoples experiences with them so far, have to wade through so much shite, its pathetic !

Well, everyone in the queue now has another option if they don't want to wait for the RP gimbal -- cancel and order the taco ready to fit kit. So there's no need to complain any more....

On the other hand -- it does work really well :)

marc111 said:
Looks like Keri has a lot of admirers here.
No offend but you should be on the other side.
He took our money already.
If he can't keep up he should hire more staff.
Business is business my friend.
:!:
Oh great, here we go again: Marc WTF is your problem & what are you expecting will come of your unceasing "he should've, would've, could've posts? What is it going to take to get it thru your skull that no matter what you think to the contrary, no one "took" your money, you voluntarily gave it to him. And you did so agreeing to his terms, not your terms or whatever you believe or have hallucinated are the terms, and if you don't like the terms you are fully encouraged to release yourself from your agreement and get your money back no questions asked.

So why are you still here? Did you even buy a RotorPixel? Nothing you've said will change a thing. They've already hired extra help, they're already fixing first-run bugs, and they're producing product as fast as currently possible without compromising quality or reliability. If you're a paying customer, why not call or email Keri directly with your concerns, complaints, and suggestions and see if he takes your advice? Not happy? We have social networking for that, post your feelings on the RotorPixel forum or their FaceBook page. Why are you complaining to those of us on Phantom Pilots who come here to help one another with RotorPixel installation, optimization, and tips who either already have them or are trying to learn from those that do?

As for Keri having admirers, you're GD right. Try being a creative who starts with an brilliant idea that everyone wants you to build for them, you do the engineering, prototyping, testing, & refining, you coordinate local resources, jobbers, tools, personnel, training, and do it in under 6 months and produce 1,000 units with a less than 2% failure rate. When you've successfully accomplished that I'm certain we'll all be interested in your ideas on how to run a business "your way".

iDrone :roll:

marc111 said:
I am entitled to give my opinion, same as you.

There is no need for you to use such language to me.

I stayed polite, expect you to do as well.

:)
I could give a crap about your opinion, as clearly many appear to agree who have commented previously. And to what language are you referring to, colorful Colonial English? Non-contributing Zeroes like yourself don't deserve to be treated politely or with respect when they think they're entitled to change the terms of an agreement they signed at the time of purchase, then come in here and complain while the rest of the forum members are trying to contribute, learn, & celebrate their experiences about the product with one another. What do you have to contribute?

So Marc, did you buy one of Keri's RotorPixel gimbals or did you just come on here to badmouth his business? What number are you in the queue? Are you going to stay in line & wait for delivery or are you going to ask for a refund? Or are you going to post daily non-productive complaints about why you're not happy? How many posts do you think it'll take before everyone gets that your not happy?

iDrone :?:

That would be great!

Rain, wind, youngest child with fractured leg, household chores to do... I could just run around the garden holding the Vision if you think it would help. ;)[/quote]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor