Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

pylon said:
At the end of the day this is only going to cost a couple hundred more, and I will get the benefit of a WAY better camera I can use for other things too.

Unfortunately, you will be in for more than a couple of hundred and I've had several dealers say for still shots the DJI camera is better as GoPro are jpeg only, no dng/raw. You also have to by monitor and video downlink. Believe me, I'm not far behind you as it has been six weeks starting Monday and I'm 456. In side by side comparison with video the Vision camera actually looks better.

tedw123 said:
pylon said:
At the end of the day this is only going to cost a couple hundred more, and I will get the benefit of a WAY better camera I can use for other things too.

Unfortunately, you will be in for more than a couple of hundred and I've had several dealers say for still shots the DJI camera is better as GoPro are jpeg only, no dng/raw. You also have to by monitor and video downlink. Believe me, I'm not far behind you as it has been six weeks starting Monday and I'm 456. In side by side comparison with video the Vision camera actually looks better.

+1

brushlesheaven said:
Good question....
Any of you guys using the RotorPixel by now maybe able to answer this question please?
Cheers

SlackerATX said:
arinvideo said:
Here is a question for those who have installed their gimbal.. How do you calibrate your compass without having the gimbal going nuts? Disconnect ..power up calibrate then power down and plug it back in again?
Let me know what you do to power off the gimbal ;) thanks.

I just did the compass dance with everything powered up - after all that's the state the compass needs to correct for. I didn't even notice what the gimbal was doing whilst I was spinning, to be honest as it's silent in operation and there's no grinding against stops or anything. Once you've put it back on an even keel it just brings the camera back to straight and level and off you go.

Pull_Up said:
It's definitely USD... I emailed Keri before the pre-order went live to ask him if he was going to be selling in CAD and he said to me his online store would be using USD, and that's what I was charged when I actually bought.

I'm an Australian phantom owner. When I put my order in I was assuming that the charge would be in Canadian Dollars which are on par with the Australian dollar. And yes I've heard the jokes about 'assuming'. However I think it's a reasonable assumption to make as I could see no mention anywhere in the purchase process (or on the Canadian site) that I would be paying in US dollars which in my case added another $50 Australian dollars to the total cost that I was not expecting!! This I only discovered after receiving my bank statement. An unwelcome 'surprise'.

Have I just simply missed this (important) fact on the website? I'll be happy to stand corrected if so. If it is not there then surely there needs to be full disclosure to the purchaser before they hit the 'pay now' button?!

While I like the idea/concept of the device I guess I feel a little cheated that I have now paid more (than I expected) for something that I have to wait for (which I was prepared to do for the 'price') rather than buy a competitors device off the shelf today for less!

Hmmmm.... something to consider if you are an overseas purchaser whose currency may be negatively impacted.

anybody are interest ?

Attachments

• Filterhalterung.png
    Filterhalterung.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 365
I haven't heard a peep about a new order since last Friday. Almost a week. Hopefully they surprise us with a huge shipment.

Anyone recall what the starting order number was. I know it's buried in the thread somewhere, but at 236 pages that's a lot of manual searching.

Pull_Up said:
Somewhere between 345 and 350...

Is Keri back from his trip yet ???

-slinger

The first reported shipping notice was Feb. 20 by iResq. It's now Mar. 20 and it would seem that somewhere between 15 and 20 units have been shipped. That's very discouraging. In theory there were units being made for resellers, but I'm not aware of any reseller offering Rotorpixel gimbals. At the current rate, the most recent orders will delivered in June 2017. I can look forward to receiving mine early 2015. :cry:

Pull_Up said:
I might be mis-remembering but I think he said he was there cetacean-bothering until the last week in March?

I wonder if shipping will pick up when he's back in harness... I'm torn between waiting to see what DJI comes up with and just ordering this thing, since it looks well made and well thought out.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:
I might be mis-remembering but I think he said he was there cetacean-bothering until the last week in March?

I wonder if shipping will pick up when he's back in harness... I'm torn between waiting to see what DJI comes up with and just ordering this thing, since it looks well made and well thought out.

-slinger

One of those weird, logic laws states that the moment you bite the bullet and pick option A ... option B will appear 20 seconds later with more features at a better price :(

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

-slinger

If you've got some money earmarked for a gimbal you could always pre-order this one, and if something else comes out or you change your mind then they've been refunding people who have asked within 24 hours, no questions...

Pull_Up said:
gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

-slinger

If you've got some money earmarked for a gimbal you could always pre-order this one, and if something else comes out or you change your mind then they've been refunding people who have asked within 24 hours, no questions...

Good Point....He may have several months to consider the options.

grochester said:
The first reported shipping notice was Feb. 20 by iResq. It's now Mar. 20 and it would seem that somewhere between 15 and 20 units have been shipped. That's very discouraging. In theory there were units being made for resellers, but I'm not aware of any reseller offering Rotorpixel gimbals. At the current rate, the most recent orders will delivered in June 2017. I can look forward to receiving mine early 2015. :cry:

Yep, especially when it was stated that 100 would be shipped out within the first few weeks.

What makes this sad is that someone who pushed a button 30 minutes before I did, will/has their gimbal weeks to months before I do :(

Anybody here order the previous gimbal from rotorpixel (the one for original phantom)? Did they take a while to start shipping them as well?

Pull_Up said:
gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

-slinger

AHH!!! Didn't realize. That's an excellent option... Thanks! :D

-slinger

GneeChee said:
gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:

-slinger

One of those weird, logic laws states that the moment you bite the bullet and pick option A ... option B will appear 20 seconds later with more features at a better price :(

Yeah... very true. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor