Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

JimJammin said:
Check out this new online community of UAV pilots, share footage, locations and find work.

http://www.dronedup.com
Spamming the forum to gain members on another forum is not looked upon kindly. Just saying.

LuvMyTJ said:
JimJammin said:
Check out this new online community of UAV pilots, share footage, locations and find work.

http://www.dronedup.com
Spamming the forum to gain members on another forum is not looked upon kindly. Just saying.

Of course we could all go over to his forum and spam about PhantomPilots.com ...

But that would be childish and inappropriate, of course...

MattOlieman said:
RCRookie said:
That's two or three fails in less than a week. Just in this forum. I for one, am a little concerned. I should be getting mine in a week to 10 days or so. I don't want to fry my camera for lack of testing or installing incorrectly.

I've got to tell you, I didn't do anything wrong. I was extremely careful!!! The installation is not that hard, I worked with A LOT WORSE.

Honestly, although my camera is not working, I don't know if it's fried, it could be the power source. I'm not going to do any testing until I hear from Rotorpixel first.

The cause is not mine, I'm sure of that!!!! There has to be a problem with the unit, either an overload or a spike.

Anybody know what the voltages are, coming off of the camera power plug?

Fellow Beta testers,

This is the third time someone has had a similar problem that I know of from this thread. I'm glad to be a little further on in the order list at this point (439). It might be prudent not to install the gimbal until Rotorpixel responds. Perhaps nothing has been shipping this week yet because of this problem.

MattOlieman said:
RCRookie said:
That's two or three fails in less than a week. Just in this forum. I for one, am a little concerned. I should be getting mine in a week to 10 days or so. I don't want to fry my camera for lack of testing or installing incorrectly.

I've got to tell you, I didn't do anything wrong. I was extremely careful!!! The installation is not that hard, I worked with A LOT WORSE.

Honestly, although my camera is not working, I don't know if it's fried, it could be the power source. I'm not going to do any testing until I hear from Rotorpixel first.

The cause is not mine, I'm sure of that!!!! There has to be a problem with the unit, either an overload or a spike.

Anybody know what the voltages are, coming off of the camera power plug?

This thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8387 covers the blown central circuit board issues. If you can fly, but have no video or DJI app control, you most likely blew the resistor on the central circuit board. It is a $99 replacement, but takes some soldering and correct reassembly :)

GetaGrip said:
Just to let everyone know that I've been talking to Keri since within a few hours of my failed installation. After he was satisfied of my qualifications, I was authorized to do further tear-down and testing of the gimbal and a potential defect was discovered. Those parts were immediately shipped to Rotorpixel for examination and they should have them tomorrow. As this was going on, Keri was also in touch with his people back at the factory and changes were being implemented immediately so this couldn't happen again.

I just talked to Keri and he will be posting shortly about this problem, stay tuned.

Thanks for the update

I'm sure you read my post and what happened to me.

So do you think the defect you discovered could of caused my problem?

I hope its something simple or possibly overlooked in the installation sequence maybe. A batch of bad boards or connectors would make the wait longer than it already is. :|

MattOlieman said:
GetaGrip said:
Just to let everyone know that I've been talking to Keri since within a few hours of my failed installation. After he was satisfied of my qualifications, I was authorized to do further tear-down and testing of the gimbal and a potential defect was discovered. Those parts were immediately shipped to Rotorpixel for examination and they should have them tomorrow. As this was going on, Keri was also in touch with his people back at the factory and changes were being implemented immediately so this couldn't happen again.

I just talked to Keri and he will be posting shortly about this problem, stay tuned.

Thanks for the update

Short answer, Yes. And don't worry I'm sure Keri will take care of you as he is me. :)

GetaGrip said:
MattOlieman said:
GetaGrip said:

Thanks for the update

Short answer, Yes. And don't worry I'm sure Keri will take care of you as he is me. :)

Nice to hear that RotorPixel supplies first rate customer service after the initial sale. That is really an important factor when doing business! Thumbs up, Keri! :)

GetaGrip said:

I hope he plans on taking care of those that have already been installed. Any chance of a board failure while in flight?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GetaGrip said:
And don't worry I'm sure Keri will take care of you as he is me. :)

Keri immediately responded to my issue (broken camera mount) and offered to sell me a replacement. I agreed but have not heard back from him yet. That was a couple of days ago. I'm hoping he will take care of it when he returns, or sooner.

rfernandez said:
Save your money, buy a 3D power from Taco0Rc.com. I did it took only 5 days to arrive. installed in less than 1 hour and up and flying. cheaper and days to arrive.

Is it plug and play? I don't own a soldering gun nor an electronics wizard. How is installation?

This is RotorPixel thread...

Please take this conversation here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002

Thanks

tedw123 said:
rfernandez said:
Save your money, buy a 3D power from Taco0Rc.com. I did it took only 5 days to arrive. installed in less than 1 hour and up and flying. cheaper and days to arrive.

Is it plug and play? I don't own a soldering gun nor an electronics wizard. How is installation?

Old Gazer said:
GetaGrip said:

I hope he plans on taking care of those that have already been installed. Any chance of a board failure while in flight?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It will be up to Rotorpixel to decide if a recall is necessary after further testing, however I don't believe it is a problem if your gimbal worked out of the box.

brushlesheaven said:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002

Thanks

And I have an order placed for a Rotorpixel gimbal. How the hell are you, I can't ask a comparison question between the Rotorpixel gimbal and another gimbal? Get a life and quit being a control freak!

Thanks

I am sorry but It did not sound like comparison question.
So...
Bite me.....

tedw123 said:
brushlesheaven said:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9002

Thanks

And I have an order placed for a Rotorpixel gimbal. How the hell are you, I can't ask a comparison question between the Rotorpixel gimbal and another gimbal? Get a life and quit being a control freak!

Thanks

Easy guys.

The way I see it...It's a choice between a gimbal sold at Taco Bell and a gimbal that doesn't yet exist. Lol. I'll hold out for now. C'mon 390s...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119