Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I would prefer no props over fitting in my precut case. Good choice Keri. Also, as mentioned previously the Tradecraft case should fit with it attached.

Hello Keri nice to see you on here.

However please would you tell us, how many units are you shipping a week now, are you shipping the black ones yet? etc.

It would be a lot more informative to the people that have already ordered and paid, regardless of whether it will fit in there new case, how much it weighs and why you didn't set the camera back 2.5cm.

I can see you need to answer these questions for new orders, but a bit more info for the people that have already ordered and paid would be nice.

Cheers Glen.

Confirmed shipments:

March 1st: "10 lucky individuals" (confirmed by Rotorpixel on this thread)

March 5th: #346 & Pull_Up

March 7th: #347,#348 & #352

March 13th: #353, #355 & #357

Assuming orders are filled sequentially, it would mean a minimum of 23 orders have been filled since March 1st. I suspect this is close to the actual total shipped so far.

XCcoach said:
Confirmed shipments:

March 5th: #346 & Pull_Up (presumably #347)

March 7th: #348 & #352

Assuming orders are filled sequentially, it would mean a minimum of 22 orders have been filled since March 1st. I suspect this is close to the actual total shipped so far.

i had order #347
I had confirmed shipment on march 7th, shipped on the 10th, and i will have delivery tomorrow March 14th to San antonio TX.

Pull_Up said:

The balancing is not difficult. However, if I were to name a weak spot, this would be it.

In order to balance, you have to remove the camera, loosen 4 bolts, slide assembly, tighten bolts, install camera, test, repeat as needed. It would have been preferable to offer some sort of balancing without removing of the camera. That way you could quickly balance for filter or without.

As is stands now, I have balanced mine slightly negative (camera points up) with just adapter and I will rely on the "larger" motors to muscle the balance. Hopefully it won't do much damage. But I guess people need to be mindful as Keri already mentioned he is experimenting with smaller motors.

Rotorpixel said:
Pull_Up said:
Any chance of offering it as a self-assembly kit at a discount as you do with some of your other gimbals?

It's not likely - we're probably going to be removing the kits for our existing gimbals from our site as well (in addition to dropping the prices significantly lower). We've found that offering the kits ends up causing all sorts of confusion and customer service nightmares, so we're just going to pre-assemble everything to avoid any messes.

Keri

Hi Keri,
I know you said some time ago that you want to avoid sending out kits to prevent confusion, but what if you create a step by step video showing how to assemble the kit? Surely this will significantly reduce the number of issues!? If there are any issues I think it will certainly be less work to deal with than trying to assemble 100s of gimbals in a short space of time.

Or, perhaps you could offer a free gimbal to guys on this forum who would be interested in assembling a bunch of gimbals and distribute them within their own country as recorded delivery which you can track as they go out. Maybe this sounds easier than it would be but maybe worth thinking about. What do people feel about this?

iResq said:
Pull_Up said:

The balancing is not difficult. However, if I were to name a weak spot, this would be it.

In order to balance, you have to remove the camera, loosen 4 bolts, slide assembly, tighten bolts, install camera, test, repeat as needed. It would have been preferable to offer some sort of balancing without removing of the camera. That way you could quickly balance for filter or without.

As is stands now, I have balanced mine slightly negative (camera points up) with just adapter and I will rely on the "larger" motors to muscle the balance. Hopefully it won't do much damage. But I guess people need to be mindful as Keri already mentioned he is experimenting with smaller motors.
Once someone comes up with the Sweet Spot and gets it all balanced out perfectly, we should have an actual setting and specs that we can all use to set them up...... Or is DJI making each Phantom different as far as weight and balance? LOL

MattOlieman said:
Order #361 has been shipped.... HOORAY!!!! :) :) :) :)

Sweet 20 to go and if anyone was wondering I just paid the balance on my Amex which was due today. Come on RP shift it into high gear!

XCcoach said:
Confirmed shipments:

March 5th: #346 & Pull_Up

March 7th: #347,#348 & #352

Assuming orders are filled sequentially, it would mean a minimum of 23 orders have been filled since March 1st. I suspect this is close to the actual total shipped so far.

Add #359 to that list :D

iResq said:

Just leave the screws slightly loose, set balance, mark position with a pencil, remove camera check position and tighten screws, re-install camera...done ;)

GetaGrip said:
iResq said:

Just leave the screws slightly loose, set balance, mark position with a pencil, remove camera check position and tighten screws, re-install camera...done ;)
That is why I like this forum. Somebody always has a good idea or suggestion. :)

Only 236 more to go until mine ships. 61 gimbals in 13 days, 4.69 units per day, 50 more days until mine ships. May 2nd is my magic day.

Oh ****, forgot about the hundreds of reseller orders that will probably be fulfilled before mine as well. :(

Here's to 2015! €[~]

Jre said:
Only 236 more to go until mine ships. 61 gimbals in 13 days, 4.69 units per day, 50 more days until mine ships. May 2nd is my magic day.

Oh ****, forgot about the hundreds of reseller orders that will probably be fulfilled before mine as well. :(

Here's to 2015! €[~]
When did you order yours?
What is the highest number of people that recently ordered one?

I have 73 to go, and at the rate Rotorpixel is shipping I might get it in time to fly it this summer..... Or not. I understand the need to maximize profits but getting a product out in little dribbles after taking everyone's money is not my idea of good business practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164