Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

DKDarkness said:
gpauk said:
It's available in many places, there's various links to it - although that's not what dji called it!!

I have not been able to find any other version than the RAR archive, do you have access to an actual installer for the casual user? File copy etc. isn't exactly what I would call plug-and-play?

No, all I have is a rar archive that I downloaded from dji's site... It's easy to use though...

Monthly :lol:
Other companies quietly toil away and then come out with a product you can actually purchase while others beat their chest about what what they might sell you one day....

This is agonizing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_BxLph14k8[/youtube]

Let's hope the line jumpers heads don't shrink. Although Pull Up may need some head shrinking after having his own autograph thread! :p :lol:

Oh no I'm gonna get my head shrunk now :D
I had to watch the other Beetle Juice after that one, Baba Booey

Canada Post says it left Canada yesterday morning. Royal Mail says it hasn't arrived in the UK yet.

My gimbal's in limbo.

Maybe it's being delivered by open canoe, paddled by two Mounties.

Either that or the 777 it's on had a flyaway? ;)

Anyway for other people based in the UK I've had a read up on how the customs duty, VAT, etc, side works for larger price items. Basically when it arrives if it's assessed for duty then Royal Mail pays it to HMRC and then holds the package. They then write to you(!) telling you how much you owe (so another 24 hours at least). When you get your invoice number from them you can pay online, but presumably that's going to add at least yet another 24 hours on to the time when it actually arrives at my door. So I'm thinking Thursday now, at the earliest...

"Some day I'll flyyyyyyyyyyy awaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Pull_Up said:
Canada Post says it left Canada yesterday morning. Royal Mail says it hasn't arrived in the UK yet.

My gimbal's in limbo.

Maybe it's being delivered by open canoe, paddled by two Mounties.

Either that or the 777 it's on had a flyaway? ;)

Anyway for other people based in the UK I've had a read up on how the customs duty, VAT, etc, side works for larger price items. Basically when it arrives if it's assessed for duty then Royal Mail pays it to HMRC and then holds the package. They then write to you(!) telling you how much you owe (so another 24 hours at least). When you get your invoice number from them you can pay online, but presumably that's going to add at least yet another 24 hours on to the time when it actually arrives at my door. So I'm thinking Thursday now, at the earliest...
"Some day I'll flyyyyyyyyyyy awaaaaaaaaaaaay"
Well, at least you know you have a package coming from RP ! :lol:

It's a little disheartening that there has been no updates. Hopefully a huge batch will be going out shortly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:

You missed the part where the Royal Mail charge you an £8 "handling fee" on top of the Duty... :evil:

I was hoping to have it on for my vacation thru the desert southwest next month after coming back from Hawaii. I still have hopes it will arrive in time. Just because there were only 2 shipped to members means nothing, we were not the only source of pre-orders I am sure.

iResq said:
It's a little disheartening that there has been no updates. Hopefully a huge batch will be going out shortly.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit concerned about how things are going. I've looked at all the components to make this product and if I had to assemble, solder, crimp every wire to all connections and assemble the framework (20 screws or so), would take me about one hour and if I'm really slow, maybe two? :roll:

We all saw the prototype (video), seemed to be working perfect and then the demo video just released. Sold me!!!!

Unless something has gone terribly wrong, I just don't get it. :?

Let's see.... 12 units shipped so far? Keri has to be losing money at this juncture, don't you think???? ;)

MattOlieman said:
iResq said:

Yeah, I'm getting a bit concerned about how things are going. I've looked at all the components to make this product and if I had to assemble, solder, crimp every wire to all connections and assemble the framework (20 screws or so), would take me about one hour and if I'm really slow, maybe two? :roll:

We all saw the prototype (video), seemed to be working perfect and then the demo video just released. Sold me!!!!

Unless something has gone terribly wrong, I just don't get it. :?

Let's see.... 12 units shipped so far? Keri has to be losing money at this juncture, don't you think???? ;)

How large a manufacturing facility does he have? How many bodies are turning screws over there? Any idea?

-slinger

I do not understand why everyone is chasing to have their gimbals produced first. Anyone who has had involvement in manufacturing knows that the first models off the production line are more likely to have problems - a few hundred units in and things are going smoothly and then the bean counters move in and try to shave cost and then things go backwards again. If i had one on order i would want between number 50 - 250.

At 676 mine should be dogs danglies gimbal with soopa doopa performance extra enhancing jello munching perfection !!

:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94