Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Track History
Date Time Location Description
2014/03/06 09:32 MISSISSAUGA International item has left Canada

Well, Canada Post have washed their hands of mine, showing should be here Tuesday. I'll get mine out on the kitchen table for you, if you like...

I'll think you will beet me. Did not go overnight and there was a screw up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

CJ31 wrote:
I'm very interested in the new DJI gimbal price... They're not famous for giving stuff away...

As opposed to the RP $400 gimbal? :?
DJI sells the zenmuse for $190 as part of the P2 package.

Ok, that is true, but, if you remember, DJI used to sell the Zenmuse for more than $500, earlier!

Agreed. But I guess my point is that the price has in fact come way down and so I assume that if DJI offers a gimbal as a package on the Vision, it will likely be in the same range. So a stabilized Vision for around $1349 maybe? My guess is that they are running the free battery promo to clean out what they have of the Vision 2 in order to prep for that next release. And they will of course offer a retrofit gimbal to current Vision owners at a higher price for the standalone. $300ish maybe? All just guesses of course.

Is Keri in CE mode? "we've found that the main transmitter control signal (5.8GHz) is usually lost well before the video signal is lost."

IS THE VIDEO TRANSMISSION DISTANCE AFFECTED? IF SO, HOW MUCH?

One of the motors does partially cover one of the antennas inside the FC200 camera, so video transmission distance will be degraded coming from one side of the camera by some amount (proper range tests have not been done yet). However, in many of our tests, we've found that the main transmitter control signal (5.8GHz) is usually lost well before the video signal is lost. If the live video feed temporarily stalls while within range, all wifi functions will remain in operation (start/stop recording, photos, camera tilt, image review, etc.). By simply pressing the "back" button, then re-entering the camera, the live feed will usually be restarted. (Unless you’re out of range).

Also, we've found that iPhones and iPads are far less prone to video stalls, likely due to a different wifi protocol being used. Stalls are usually automatically rectified using apple products in our tests, but your results may vary.

gfredrone said:
Is Keri in CE mode? "we've found that the main transmitter control signal (5.8GHz) is usually lost well before the video signal is lost".

Lol! Yeah really. In FCC mode I can send the Phantom WAY far away (probably over a mile) before I lose TX.

Keri will soon need to put up one of these to help alleviate "Post" anxiety:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnUBQEiqLI0[/youtube]
Actually not a bad idea and would probably dramatically cut back on his email & telephone inquiries.

iDrone :lol:

even when I had my transmitter in CE mode, I still lost payload operations before bus operations. I don't know what that statement is all about.

Pull_Up said:
Before I did my antenna mods I always lost control before WiFi, even in FCC mode. I think it depends on a number of factors including the nature of the terrain you fly in...

wow, ok..i have never lost control operations.. only wifi and then I just repointed my extender and it came back within a few seconds.

DKDarkness said:
OldFlyer said:
Here's a new page at http://www.rotorpixel.com

http://www.rotorpixel.com/about/ which is reached through clicking the contact button at the top of the home page.

Yes, imitation is indeed the greatest form of flattery :) I am very curious to see, where they will find the authorized DJI Phantom Vision Gimbal Tool :lol:

It's available in many places, there's various links to it - although that's not what dji called it!!

Of more concern is that they seem to have shipped only 2 gimbals this week, and not in any sort of order number sequence (there may be a logic to it but they've not said)....

gpauk said:
It's available in many places, there's various links to it - although that's not what dji called it!!

I have not been able to find any other version than the RAR archive, do you have access to an actual installer for the casual user? File copy etc. isn't exactly what I would call plug-and-play?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West