Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
gfredone, I will now learn how to set up a profile that makes your camera constantly move to the extreme of every axis then back again, consecutively and in an infinite loop. That'll learn ya! :twisted:

Hey :!:

It took me some time to read thru all this, but it helped me to make the decision to order the more expensive DE gimbal.
they have video footage and there are also lots of videos from users out.
makes no sense to have faith in this gimbal here ... I want to fly and not hope to fly someday with that gimbal from Canada.

MarkusA1A said:
It took me some time to read thru all this, but it helped me to make the decision to order the more expensive DE gimbal.
makes no sense to have faith in this gimbal here ... I want to fly and not hope to fly someday with that gimbal from Canada.

This is and was his only post on this enitre forum site. Makes me wonder what company he works for. Hmmmm

PhantomDave said:
MarkusA1A said:

This is and was his only post on this enitre forum site. Makes me wonder what company he works for. Hmmmm

if you look on youtube or read the DE gimbal post he will see that they are all having the prom's still getting jello

PhantomDave said:
MarkusA1A said:

I work in real estate, we need this for our work.
there are also cheaper solutions than DE: http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-30/3 ... unt/Detail

MarkusA1A said:
PhantomDave said:
MarkusA1A said:

there are also cheaper solutions than DE: http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-30/3 ... unt/Detail

Have you seen any flight footage?

MarkusA1A said:
PhantomDave said:
MarkusA1A said:

That looks nice and its cheaper and available now, wish I had waited a bit longer

Edited to add

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-g4cJbGfg[/youtube]

there are also cheaper solutions than DE: http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-30/3 ... unt/Detail[/quote]

That looks nice and its cheaper and available now, wish I had waited a bit longer

Edited to add

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-g4cJbGfg[/youtube][/quote]

Where'd THIS one come from??? I like the looks of it but as with the Rotorplex, I would LOVE to see some video of the results! I could care less how it looks dancing around under the aircraft.

Well, I love it :) The design is a bit crude, but somebody took the time to draw a 3D model, put the motors and BaseCam board in, and even did a half decent job on the wiring, and make it a product. Competition will only make the products lighter and cheaper. You got to love that :)

jimdenburg said:

Edited to add

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-g4cJbGfg[/youtube][/quote]

Where'd THIS one come from??? I like the looks of it but as with the Rotorplex, I would LOVE to see some video of the results! I could care less how it looks dancing around under the aircraft.[/quote]

well, well, well..what do we have here? lol.. hmmmm

darn..tried to buy it but got this error.

An error occurred processing your card.
Error code: 10565.
Error text: The merchant country is not supported..

If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 85262181378.

So I have been lost trying to figure out why my P2V wouldn't fly right for the last two weeks(stupid after market props)... any way... what the heck has been going on with this gimbal??? Is there still not action footage? Pre-orders not shipping? Like many people I am ready to purchase a jello free gimbal now. Maybe I should go back into my winter slumber until this thing actually starts shipping.

I wish I am in your shoes....

ShawnSmith said:
So I have been lost trying to figure out why my P2V wouldn't fly right for the last two weeks(stupid after market props)... any way... what the heck has been going on with this gimbal??? Is there still not action footage? Pre-orders not shipping? Like many people I am ready to purchase a jello free gimbal now. Maybe I should go back into my winter slumber until this thing actually starts shipping.

Pull_Up said:
Yes, the gimbal will tilt with the app as normal (except it will be able to point straight down). Because it uses the existing Vision servo control cable then the 7th channel "hack" should also work if you want tilt control from the back of the tx (sacrificing app tilt control).

I noticed that the 7th channel "hacking" does limit the tilting range, so to speak. I get less tilting from the lever, compared with the tilting I'm able to achieve from the DJI app. Maybe I will try a button instead of a lever, because I need it to rotate more clockwise and counterclockwise.

Did anyone else realize this, also?

cavaleiro01 said:
Pull_Up said:
Yes, the gimbal will tilt with the app as normal (except it will be able to point straight down). Because it uses the existing Vision servo control cable then the 7th channel "hack" should also work if you want tilt control from the back of the tx (sacrificing app tilt control).

I noticed that the 7th channel "hacking" does limit the tilting range, so to speak. I get less tilting from the lever, compared with the tilting I'm able to achieve from the DJI app. Maybe I will try a button instead of a lever, because I need it to rotate more clockwise and counterclockwise.

If you are spoofing the assistant to believe that you are using a P2 instead of a Vision, then you probably need to calibrate the tilt channel to get full range. That would be my guess.

cavaleiro01 said:
Pull_Up said:

You just have to tweak your settings in the assistant under gimbal. You'll be able to get the full range out of it. Works great on mine. If you have any trouble let me know and Ill take a screen shot or try to be more clear and detailed. No doubt some of these other guys.."the gurus" will help ya out too.

JJ

cavaleiro01 said:
Pull_Up said:

Mine seems better if anything.
You calibrated x1 with the app? (Looking straight (almost) down seems better)
did you get the DJI lever or aftermarket?

Calibrate X1 and set gimbal to 1000 0 -800. This gives me full range and a perfectly level camera angle at the top position.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94