Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Im guessing the juddering on the video that someone asked about is probably due more to the refresh rate of the youtube vid on the screen you are using to watch it ? Its not a great guide to how well actual footage from your own camera will look because of the non matching refresh rates of the video footage....I think ! lol

No doubt there are zillions of video experts on here which will tell you better

:?

I just watched it at work on my phone using 3G, looked fine. Mind you I was not jealous at all looking at your hotel or the beautiful views or the dolphins, not when I have this fantastic spread sheet to keep me amused...:c

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I am going to have to find it , but there is a write up Mentioning Keri and his troubles with Phantoms losing them in the water I think it mentioned like 3 he has lost not all P2V's I believe one in shark infested waters . I was little surprised to see that picture of that phantom flying over the water with no floatation device. Crazy

Nice video though

EDIT found it

http://makezine.com/magazine/drowned-drones-when-a-multicopter-hits-the-water/

and do not get these version of waterbuoy devices as they do not work as advertised (company is working on it version 2 )
there is a thread on here do a search on RIP and it should show up .

Finding it hard to believe the phantom would survive in any context even with buoyancy aids, it doesn't look the most stable structure to be bobbing about in water, so floats or no floats, I think it would be a quick way to turn your phantom into a quadsubmerisble ? Its bad enough to breathe heavily on your phone without it having a meltdown, let alone a few nice unprotected pcb's and I have no idea if the pcb's are coated or not ?, anyone know ?

I haven't tried mine over water yet but it will be interesting to see how much bum twitching there will be !

:D

The part with the boat rocking and the flag blowing shows the gimbals capabilities. I'm still sold!

Can you upload the video somewhere for download? Youtube's feed is not doing the video justice even on the 1080p setting. I'd like to view it live off my hard drive.

streetcreep said:

#9 (Chase Jarvis), watched that video. Those guys are total morons. Can't believe someone paid for them to do that "assignment", only to come back with an empty case. "Fully insured", pfft, if I was their insurance company I wouldn't cover it after watching that video.

(http://youtu.be/u937rXvj1Jc)

Notable fails:

- Starting the video off by eating a sandwich, then placing said sandwich in the Phantom case.
- Experimenting with a new camera and immediately flying it out over water.
- Adding gaffer's tape, but I assume improperly and unbalanced.
- Using the WiFi from the camera. Interference on same band as the bird = flyaway (or flydive into the water).
- Laughing about the accident and appearing care free, then saying "it hurts".

Edit: Oh yea, forgot the terrible "landing" with them laughing about it and saying "good enough".

pyrophantom said:
Im guessing the juddering on the video that someone asked about is probably due more to the refresh rate of the youtube vid on the screen you are using to watch it ? Its not a great guide to how well actual footage from your own camera will look because of the non matching refresh rates of the video footage....I think ! lol

No doubt there are zillions of video experts on here which will tell you better
:?
I suspected something like that. I have only really noticed it on gimbal footage and it could be that normally it is masked by the overall juddering on normal video.

Edit : agree with Jr's comments above - those guys just have more money than sense and a lack of respect for something that many people in this world could only dream of.

Jre said:
streetcreep said:

#9 (Chase Jarvis), watched that video. Those guys are total morons. Can't believe someone paid for them to do that "assignment", only to come back with an empty case. "Fully insured", pfft, if I was their insurance company I wouldn't cover it after watching that video.

(http://youtu.be/u937rXvj1Jc)

Notable fails:

- Starting the video off by eating a sandwich, then placing said sandwich in the Phantom case.
- Experimenting with a new camera and immediately flying it out over water.
- Adding gaffer's tape, but I assume improperly and unbalanced.
- Using the WiFi from the camera. Interference on same band as the bird = flyaway (or flydive into the water).
- Laughing about the accident and appearing care free, then saying "it hurts".

Yup, add to that, pointing the TX antenna right at the bird to maximize the interference issue to help insure failure at distance...

But I must say that this unique blend of arrogance and ignorance is kind of fun to watch :geek:

Yes I was thinking that, it looks very impressive - just hope its the same gimbals we have ordered lol

Pretty cool :lol:

yup the cats losing thier Phantom in the drink need a refresher course on flying.

I remember my 1st scary encounter when the low battery alarm went off.

My descent was amongst some high power utility lines, I was prepared to catch my drone had it clipped a wire and tumbled.

My thought was to squint my eyes to prevent being blinded by a spinning prop to save my friend.

I would probably do a polar bear swim to recover her if not too far offshore.

As mentioned before. I Love My Drone. :geek:

Skipholiday said:
yup the cats losing thier Phantom in the drink need a refresher course on flying.

I remember my 1st scary encounter when the low battery alarm went off.

My descent was amongst some high power utility lines, I was prepared to catch my drone had it clipped a wire and tumbled.

My thought was to squint my eyes to prevent being blinded by a spinning prop to save my friend.

I would probably do a polar bear swim to recover her if not too far offshore.

As mentioned before. I Love My Drone. :geek:
Yes, I believe everybody that owns one has had some heart throb moments! I love my Drone as well! :p

I put in my order on Tuesday for a white unit..I sent an email to Rotorpixel in relation to estimated delivery time, but have not had a reply yet?

Has anyone in the Uk received their orders yet, I think I saw them say that 100 units were going to be delivered 10th February,surely there not all sold?

Initial production run is 100 units and apparently they are starting to go out this week. Lead time for number 101 on is going to be around 5 or 6 weeks from point of order. That's all we know so far. I would hope it could be a little quicker after this first run as all the processes and manufacturing jigs, etc, will be tried and tested. As has been said we're assuming the first pre-order number ended in 300, so whatever yours is will tell you how many are ahead of you. I don't know how many they can assemble per week when at full tilt (no pun intended. Ok, it was intended ;) )

Keri, great video man. This gimbal looks rock solid! The flags were blowing like crazy and yet your footage was rock solid! Great job!

KERI FOR PRESIDENT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119