Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

pault said:
Do you know if import duty is payable on model aircraft components ?

"Model parts" has an import duty rate of 4.7% to the UK according to http://www.dutycalculator.com whereas gimbal appears to fall under "tripods for camcorders and cinematic cameras" and only attracts 3.7%!

Depends what it's sent as. Bloody silly system anyway. It seems to be a combination of pot luck, item value and whether a courier firm or postal service is used as to whether you have to pay anything. Whenever I've had stuff via Fedex, DHL and the like they just collect the duty and there it goes. When I've had stuff come USPS or other national postal services I've sometimes had to visit the post office to pay charges, sometimes not.

I always assume worst case scenario then I'm only ever pleasantly surprised... ;)

I can you see there is going to be a few happy people hopefully over the next few weeks lets hope the wheatear is right for testing and we get to you some good video footage.

shaun27 said:
I can you see there is going to be a few happy people hopefully over the next few weeks lets hope the wheatear is right for testing and we get to you some good video footage.

Did they ever post a sample video of the gimbal in inflight action ?

UPDATE: shipping is NOT June! Ha ha I talked to Keri and that was incorrect email confirmation. Ha ha. My bad guys. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Venom93corba said:
I was a little thrown off by the confirmation email that told me they would be shipping in chronological order starting . . . JUNE 21st! It's winter for me, United States -mid west, so I can wait but 4 1/2 months caught me off guard.

I just checked and mine didn't say that either....

Venom93corba said:
I was a little thrown off by the confirmation email that told me they would be shipping in chronological order starting . . . JUNE 21st! It's winter for me, United States -mid west, so I can wait but 4 1/2 months caught me off guard.

No such statement in my email?? :?: Maybe they added that after a certain number of orders??

All is fine fellas. My email was wrong. I've already confirmed it with the almighty Keri :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Can anyone confirm if the order amount is pending in their bank transactions? Or will the funds be removed at time of shipment? I want to pre-order but don't have enough until some deposited checks clear.

Jre said:
Can anyone confirm if the order amount is pending in their bank transactions? Or will the funds be removed at time of shipment? I want to pre-order but don't have enough until some deposited checks clear.

Yes, it will withdraw your money, unfortunately.

Brew said:
Venom93corba said:

No such statement in my email?? :?: Maybe they added that after a certain number of orders??

I set up a private link to our old online store, for Venom93corba to use, because he needed to use paypal, and our new eCommerce system doesn't accept paypal. The message that he received was very outdated, from the release of our Hero 3 gimbals last year, so that message has no relevance toward the shipping date of these Vision Gimbals (at least I HOPE it doesn't! :lol: )

We should receive enough components this week to put together around 100 gimbals (which are already sold out, plus more). So, once we receive them, we'll be carefully racing to assemble and test them all, so we can get them out the door ASAP.

Will you post the range of order numbers for the first 100 going out? I'd like to know where I am in the cue so I can schedule an aerial video/photography session for a client. Thanks!

I like the $565 with strikethrough (price of the droneexpert.nl gimbal). Nice touch. :cool:

Wonder if they'll drop the price of theirs now. Not that it matters, since the Rotorpixel design is better IMO.

gfredrone said:
Will you post the range of order numbers for the first 100 going out? I'd like to know where I am in the cue so I can schedule an aerial video/photography session for a client. Thanks!

+1 Would be nice to know
Glen

WHAT ? I tried to order, and it rejected my Visa Debit Card. Why don't they accept PayPal? I looked on the site and there is NO Paypal option.

Rotorpixel said:
I set up a private link to our old online store, for Venom93corba to use, because he needed to use paypal, and our new eCommerce system doesn't accept paypal. The message that he received was very outdated, from the release of our Hero 3 gimbals last year, so that message has no relevance toward the shipping date of these Vision Gimbals (at least I HOPE it doesn't! :lol: )

Email Keri he may be able to help !

Ordered mine, Pull_up if you get the two you have ordered before mine, would you be interested in doing a deal in swapping the spare one, pm me if you would. Cheers. :?

Bigvern said:
gfredrone said:

+1 Would be nice to know
Glen

Keri,
Thanks for listening to me about my gimbal. Appreciate the blue one you have for me. :)

Attachments

• Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 342
Bigvern said:
Rotorpixel said:

Email Keri he may be able to help !
OK,I Just called my Bank and it was their fault. They had a block on foreign countries because of all the fraud that's been going on. They opened up Canada and it went right through. Sorry Keri, I didn't mean what I was thinking.

Does anyone have any idea how to find out where we are on the order list? I went back in the threads and didn't see anything about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94