ROLL CALL: People Who have experienced P3P 1.2.6 firmware Issues - To be Sent to DJI "Customer Svc"

Haven't you all read the fan-boi posts?

It's all user error and it's all in our heads. There is nothing wrong with these Phantom 3's. "These are not the droids you're looking for..."

(...if your P3Pro didn't choke on the "firmware update", then good for you. IT SCREWED EVERYONE ELSE WHO INSTALLED IT!) :mad:

Reactions: LShap421
Unfortunately we know about DJI's lack of communication issues. What baffels me, is why they just don't take the data from the former firmware, give it a new name and roll it out as a new update. Then they know, a working firmware is out and it gives them some time to fix the issues on hand. If they are afraid to admit, they can just do it without clearing up the details. That would be a quick fix to put out the fire.

Reactions: Ari
The thing that pisses me off is DJI says "Just Shut VPS off". My response is ok that's fine but I paid for VPS and stability when I'm shooting shots close to the ground.....

Stop being a baby :) what did you say to me once "Stephan needs a chick?"
yes am being annoying, but not intending on being a *ss. Okay with a bit of ragging?

Reactions: Sammynels
@flyNfrank thanks. Still pains me to see it. All I can do is flash back to 12:35pm cst today and tried to wrangle it back to safety. I'm hopeful that something positive will come from this. Any thoughts as to the cause of the erratic behavior of the P3? Btw, no bird strikes...composite hub props. No major mods to the bird. Just quick release prop guards (guards not attached). UAVbits carbon fiber gimbal protector.

I could most likely give you a real good idea what took place if you send me the .txt file located on the device you used to fly with. Go to DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord and scroll down and select the .TXT file the crash took place then email file to [email protected]

As of right now I would guess the issues as being related to the GPS signal. Switch flight modes like you mentioned may have contributed to what took place overall.

I know others may disagree, but I sure feel like a Beta tester that shelled out a bunch of $ to test a product. What's worse, no one at DJI has a clue about customer service. Just read the posts on problems if you doubt this thing isn't full of bugs. Even Advexure, who I purchased this from, has not returned two emails over almost five days asking for help on the Gimbal Overload issue. I'll give this a few more days and then I'll let the same card you have handle it..
Just a follow up regarding my comment about Advexure. They did respond to an email I sent them this morning and said they had no record of my emails. We'll blame it on an email glitch and their response restored my faith in them. Mike said that DJI is very aware of the issue and was told a firmware update will be forthcoming.

There is a thread on the DJI forums where the company is promising a way to roll back the firmware. It was translated from Chinese, so it's a little rough in some areas. I skimmed over it, and it looks like it may happen.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23183-1-1.html

Give it a read and see what you think.

Reactions: tvckz
If they were considerate they have a firmware update before the holiday.

I would like to use my quad at the family gathering.

I saw this->

1. Due to the current system only supports the version number continue to increase, we will soon launch the firmware version 1.2.9, 1.1.9 is consistent with its contents, just to meet the current system version number rule was changed.
2. The future firmware upgrade, DJI will also provide new firmware with the old firmware (new firmware of the previous version), and to change the current version only supports incremental rule, if the user is not satisfied after the firmware upgrade, you can easily fall back to old firmware.

The following are the old and new firmware 1.1.9 firmware 1.2.6 Differences / 1.2.8, for your reference.
A. The camera part
1) increase the video subtitles Push
2) Turn off the playback push data
3) to solve the remote control AEB platoon number of sheets the wrong question
4) correction timer to shoot only 255 problems
5) shorten the interval timer shot
6) Adjust the ISO ceiling, pictures of 1600, recording 3200
7) Camera artistic effect replaced FLAT mode
8) Fixed camera 4: 3 at the bottom of a fixed streaks
Monocular Part B.
1) Enhanced monocular module abnormal communication with the master of logic.
Flight Control section C.
1) Increase the SDK support
2) the reasons for the increase IMU initialization fails tips

So, to stay within the versioning number system, looks like we'll upgrade to 1.2.9 to get the downgrade to 1.1.9. Say that 3 times fast lol!!

So, to stay within the versioning number system, looks like we'll upgrade to 1.2.9 to get the downgrade to 1.1.9. Say that 3 times fast lol!!

I'll gladly accept it. It seems like others were moaning wanting v1.1.8 instead. Apparently there was no video lag in v1.1.8.

Either way....send it to me NOW!!! :)

Why not create a forum poll? I don't have one of these birds, but it would seem to me you'd get a lot more input from a poll and leaving the results open ended so that people could select which failures of the many you've mentioned that each poster has experienced.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/ gives awesome flexibility and results. You can cross post to many different sites like here and RCGroups to see what everyone has to say.

Just trying to help.

Someone else mentioned that as well. You have a very valid point. Still, it's good to see that we are not alone. Not so much the 1% as been suggested here by at least one person who has drank the kool-aid. Now more disappointing news from people with stress cracking in the airframe. I'm going to examine after work. I hope that hasn't contributed to the problem in flight. All the more reason to ground if you are experiencing flight problems. The shaking and struggle to hold GPS lock can only cause more stress on the frame.

Unfortunately we know about DJI's lack of communication issues. What baffels me, is why they just don't take the data from the former firmware, give it a new name and roll it out as a new update. Then they know, a working firmware is out and it gives them some time to fix the issues on hand. If they are afraid to admit, they can just do it without clearing up the details. That would be a quick fix to put out the fire.

Or at least let Customer Service send it out to majorly affected people on a case by case basis. This lack of support is unacceptable

Just received this today from DJI.

Uhhhh maybe its the pilot app. Keep an eye out for firmware updates. Thanks again to the all stars at the customer service department. The fact that they wanted to rush this product off the line to crush 3DR's Solo launch is fine. But stand behind your product. The airframe cracking is just the latest fiasco.

M. E. (DJI Technology )
Jul 1, 12:13

Dear L,

Thank you for contacting DJI. Please keep an eye out for any firmware updates through the website at this link: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

The Ultrasonic notification may also be more app related then firmware. You may want to try reinstalling the Pilot app through the link provided above to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!

DJI Customer Service North America

I think "blade strike" can help us...Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.
He knows how to fix problems like this,

@flyNfrank...Check your inbox. You've got mail. :D BTW, thank you for your help.

The files were received. I will begin looking them over after I get them converted to .csv file. I'll get with you in a little while...

Holidays? In China? Don't think so!

Only in U.S.

You may want to slip off your glasses and clean them a little. There was no reference to China. :confused:

Reactions: TatorSalad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl