ROLL CALL: People Who have experienced P3P 1.2.6 firmware Issues - To be Sent to DJI "Customer Svc"

I decided to start a thread to see exactly which users have experienced issues when upgrading to P3P Firmware 1.2.6. We know DJI monitors these boards. I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI. These issues include some or all of the following:

Ultrasonic System Error: Please Land As Soon As Possible
Vertical drifting ascending and descending, while off stick
Instability/Inability to hold GPS lock
Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated incident experienced by an insignificant number of us. I believe that to be completely untrue, and am committed to forcing DJI to take accountability. It is well within the capability of a billion dollar company to empower their customer service employees to send out a firmware file that can revert or reinstall the current firmware revision, at their discretion, to negatively affected customers. By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue.

Please, if you are someone who has experienced performance issues after switching to 1.2.6, drop a quick line and chime in. Let's let our voice be heard.
YES I HAVE THE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPENN IN FACT IT FLEW UP IN TO A PALM AND CRASHED BROKE MY GIMBAL

IM CONCERNED THAT DJI WONT COVER THE CRASH I HAD AFTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE
I WAS HOVERING ON A JOB GETTING READY TO START FILMING A WAS UNDER A PALM WITH ABOUT 10 FEET AWAY FROM TRUNK I WAS HOVERING 6 FEET OF THE GROUND I TOOK MY EYES OF THE DRONE TO SET MY CAMERA SETTINGS WHEN MY DRONE HOVERD UPWARDS BY ITS SELF I WAS KNOT EVEN CLOSE BTO THE CONTROL STICKS IT HOVERD UP SLOW AND HIT THE PALM AND CRASHED THE GIMBAL BROKE IN 2 SO I FIXED IT WITH OTHER PARTS FROM OLD V2 PLUS GIMBAL PARTS WELL MY PHANTOM 3 PRO WORKED FOR A WEEK NOW ITS KNOT WORKING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to start a thread to see exactly which users have experienced issues when upgrading to P3P Firmware 1.2.6. We know DJI monitors these boards. I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI. These issues include some or all of the following:

Ultrasonic System Error: Please Land As Soon As Possible
Vertical drifting ascending and descending, while off stick
Instability/Inability to hold GPS lock
Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated incident experienced by an insignificant number of us. I believe that to be completely untrue, and am committed to forcing DJI to take accountability. It is well within the capability of a billion dollar company to empower their customer service employees to send out a firmware file that can revert or reinstall the current firmware revision, at their discretion, to negatively affected customers. By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue.

Please, if you are someone who has experienced performance issues after switching to 1.2.6, drop a quick line and chime in. Let's let our voice be heard.

First I would like to say hello to all of the forum members, even the snarky ones :), I have been a reader for sometime and have learned alot from the posts here. I should say thank you more often in the threads that have helped me.

I received my PP3 when it first came out, and 8 days after I bought it I was gently wiping the lens and it cracked. I sent it back to DJI mid May, and finally got it back on Monday of this week. They fixed it under warranty, so besides the very long wait to get it back I was happy. They updated the firmware while it was there to 1.2.6.

Monday evening I did an IMU, double checked the firmware and other settings because I had bought an Ipad air 2 while it was away based on suggestions here in the forum (I am an android guy and it pained me to do it but did). I then was ready to take it for a flight and did a compass calibration and put it up in the air. I noticed immediately that it was drifting and descending on its own but flew it in an open field for a few minutes then brought it down. I rebooted everything including the tablet and put it back up in the air and noticed it wanted to keep descending on its own, I put it up to about 140 feet to see what would happen and then got the Ultrasonic System Error so brought it right down.

All day yesterday I was trying to call DJI and couldn't get through but found this thread so found out others were having the same problems. I just got off the phone with DJI and the agent I spoke with told me that they were aware of the issues with the firmware and told me not to fly it until the next firmware update came out, and that I could if I wanted to but he would be very nervous to do it himself!! I then ended the call but should have asked him why DJI wasn't officially saying this on their website. Anyways, I will not be flying it until the next firmware update which pains me because it was gone for almost 2 months.

Reactions: TnHwyman
Its funny we give them the issues, and we pay upfront for our product. Can they not take one of our payments and pay a dev to fix our complaints already. These issues could be fixed by a proper dev in a day or 2 granted he has a quad to work with to test after he changes it.

First I would like to say hello to all of the forum members, even the snarky ones :), I have been a reader for sometime and have learned alot from the posts here. I should say thank you more often in the threads that have helped me.

I received my PP3 when it first came out, and 8 days after I bought it I was gently wiping the lens and it cracked. I sent it back to DJI mid May, and finally got it back on Monday of this week. They fixed it under warranty, so besides the very long wait to get it back I was happy. They updated the firmware while it was there to 1.2.6.
July 06, 2015 I got my conformation from Dji that they have received my P3P for repair. I sent mine back already upgraded with firmware 1.2.6 so most likely I also will come back as same. I have a question you might be able to answer for me. Did your SD card come back with anything on it? When I sent my drone in for repairs, all my SD card had on it was a txt file I created with information to locate me in case I lost my bird.
Thank you for your post here it is appreciated.

I removed my sd card before sending it to them as I didn't want it to go missing.
Thanks. When I get my drone back, I plan to go back to the point I started. 100 feet max. and 30 or so feet distance. Can't recall exact beginning default settings, but thats my plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers