ROLL CALL: People Who have experienced P3P 1.2.6 firmware Issues - To be Sent to DJI "Customer Svc"

@flyNfrank...Check your inbox. You've got mail. :D BTW, thank you for your help.

I have a lot of time into the data so far.

What app version were you using when the crash took place? Also is your quad a Pro or Advance?

@flyNfrank, the app version was on my Apple iPhone 6 Plus was v1.2.0 (iOS 8.3) and the Phantom 3 Professional was Firmware v1.2.6

Here are my issues after update...

VPS not working properly
Unstable hover under 10 feet
Ultrasonic Errors
Gimbal Motor Overload

Was flying picture perfect before! I wish they would stop screaming at you to update!!! Please test before you release this crap on us or at least let us go BACK to what was working! Good thing I still have a P2 +.

Lately been getting a lot of "Ultrasonic System Error: Please Land As Soon As Possible" after 1.2.6 frim update. Contact DJI support let's see what they came up with.

I have a P3P out of the box and experienced a "gimbal motor overload" message, both with the old and new software. A quick online support with DJI and the online support indicated that the problem lies in the sensitivity of the app and to use the copter as long as everything works ok. Flight seems OK although yesterday I had a lot of broken video. It was very hot and I'm wondering if that was the phone having issues with the display.

I have not flown mine since making a claim with DJI support and the response was for me to call the phone tech's and get a RMA and ship them my quad.

I feel like since I no absolutely NO issues whatsoever prior to the last update that the update itself was corrupt and needs to be reloaded or a newer update. So because the P3P's firmware can not be loaded with a older version or same version, I will wait and see the out come of the next update. There is no way I will ship my quad and be without for 7-8 weeks for them to just reload the firmware.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there was NO real reason for the last update. As you can see in the list below.

I had zero issues with my quad. I never heard ANYONE complain of something not working as it should.

We always had the option to go back to a older firmware version, and now we do not.

I more then likely could have cured my issue myself had I had the option to load a older version and then the new version.

Firmware 1.2.6 change Log
1. Anti-distortion feature added for images and non-4K videos.
2.Various bug fixes.
This is exactly what I experienced.
P3P flys ok outside of VPS so I disabled it. I don't fly indoors. It was a nice stabilization when flying lower to the ground. There is just no way I'm sending it in to DJI to wait for their crappy service. I'd just rather buy a new one than be without it. Waiting for a new firmware when the take their heads out of their butts.

My P3 was perfect. Then after doing the most recent update I ended up with the following issues...

*Gimbal not communicating with R/C
*VPS
*Video Display Flickers
*Error Message- "com.google.process.gapps"
*Radio Channel Quality message appears rotating between Poor & Good
*Error Message- Strong Interference, please be cautious in long distance flight
*Error Message- Reception Interference do not fly long distances

Out of the 7 issues above the only one DJI has been successful at helping with thus far is the 1st one concerning the Gimbal. The cure for it was to uninstall App/ then Reinstall/ then Calibrate Gimbal.

Hello Frank, can elaborate on the gimbal calibration? I'm familiar with the compass cal but not the gimbal cal? Is that a feature within the pilot app? Appreciated

I have a P3P out of the box and experienced a "gimbal motor overload" message, both with the old and new software. A quick online support with DJI and the online support indicated that the problem lies in the sensitivity of the app and to use the copter as long as everything works ok. Flight seems OK although yesterday I had a lot of broken video. It was very hot and I'm wondering if that was the phone having issues with the display.

Can people confirm this?

POTENTIAL APP ISSUES:
1.20 of the app seems to bring out more gimbal overloaded issues and make the NO SIGNAL come up... rendering the video link almost unusable. This is on Android and IOS.

POTENTIAL DRONE FIRMWARE ISSUES:
If you upgrade the firmware of the drone above 1.1.9, it causes instability in many peoples drones (thankfully I haven't upgraded this yet). My drone is pretty stable on 1.1.9.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MITIGATE THE NO SIGNAL ERRORS AND DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE APP FOR ANDROID OR IOS?

I would like add:

No saving changes of expo setting.
Default is 0.40 and if you change this to another value, exit and come back, than you'll find the same default values.

And I also Have the same points liem you wrote before.

Does anyone know if it's possible that the firmware update could actually harm the hardware of the P3? If that's the case, then a new firmware update wouldn't help and service would be the only option. I hope that's not the case but maybe someone who knows about firmware could chime in?

Ultrasonic errors. Gimbal overload. Occasional video lag not seen prior to upgrade.

I decided to start a thread to see exactly which users have experienced issues when upgrading to P3P Firmware 1.2.6. We know DJI monitors these boards. I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI. These issues include some or all of the following:

Ultrasonic System Error: Please Land As Soon As Possible
Vertical drifting ascending and descending, while off stick
Instability/Inability to hold GPS lock
Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated incident experienced by an insignificant number of us. I believe that to be completely untrue, and am committed to forcing DJI to take accountability. It is well within the capability of a billion dollar company to empower their customer service employees to send out a firmware file that can revert or reinstall the current firmware revision, at their discretion, to negatively affected customers. By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue.

Please, if you are someone who has experienced performance issues after switching to 1.2.6, drop a quick line and chime in. Let's let our voice be heard.
I definitely had several of these issues IMMEDIATELY after fw update to 1.2.6.

I definitely had several of these issues IMMEDIATELY after updating to fw 1.2.6

Here are the issues I have had since the firmware update:

VPS not working properly
Unstable hover under 10 feet
Ultrasonic Errors
Gimbal Motor Overload
Exactly the same issues on mine. I'm flying my P2V+ until DJI improves these issues. I don't trust the P3 not to crash or ...

I decided to start a thread to see exactly which users have experienced issues when upgrading to P3P Firmware 1.2.6. We know DJI monitors these boards. I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI. These issues include some or all of the following:

Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated

I have upgraded to that and yes, that is when a lot of my problems started and also have the motor mount cracks and I'm now battling the "No Signal" issue which I still have not resolved. Thought I was going to have a bunch of vids that I was going to combine from this July 4th weekend at lake in MN, when my whole family is finally all together, then I would have created a DVD for all the family members for Christmas. Darn it. That just got shot out water. This is 1 of 2 times in the year when we are all together.

I would like add:

No saving changes of expo setting.
Default is 0.40 and if you change this to another value, exit and come back, than you'll find the same default values.............
Changed mine yesterday, and it "sticks". Trick is to hit the Enter or Return key after changing numbers.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated incident experienced by an insignificant number of us. I believe that to be completely untrue, and am committed to forcing DJI to take accountability. It is well within the capability of a billion dollar company to empower their customer service employees to send out a firmware file that can revert or reinstall the current firmware revision, at their discretion, to negatively affected customers. By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue.

Please, if you are someone who has experienced performance issues after switching to 1.2.6, drop a quick line and chime in. Let's let our voice be heard.
I just started noticing my P3P doing the drift dance yesterday. I'm relitiv

Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Me too please :)
Hello Frank, can elaborate on the gimbal calibration? I'm familiar with the compass cal but not the gimbal cal? Is that a feature within the pilot app? Appreciated

Yes Gimbal Cal is in the Pilot App. You should calibrate the R/C Sticks and make sure you also calibrate the Gimbal Wheel from that same section. Most don't notice it being below the stick calibrate area.

Have a P3P and I'm Relatively new to flying but yesterday I was burning down my batteries and just flying close in and noticed the "drift dance" everyone is talking about. I gain and loose altitude and drift. I recently upgraded to 1.26 as well. So I add my voice to the rest as WTF!!!

@flyNfrank, the app version was on my Apple iPhone 6 Plus was v1.2.0 (iOS 8.3) and the Phantom 3 Professional was Firmware v1.2.6

The main difference between your setup and mine is that I use a android device and you do not. However even though we both use the same version firmware and most recent pilot app, there are several differences in the flight log. That has to be due to android/iSO.

I spent a ton of time looking over your data. The Battery is what caused the quad to begin the issues to takes. The current dropped from 38118 to 1520 which is like shutting the power off and back on. It happened a 2nd time but not as severe from 16665 to 1723. Regardless it will give the same result though.
I will say the overall reason it actually crashed to the ground was due to the multiple switching in and out of flight modes. The system never had enough time to recover and then it would be switched out to another flight mode.

And that's it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20