Replacement battery

Reaction score
Brand new to Phantom when buying a FC40 they offer a replacement battery will this battery work with battery charger that comes with FC40 or do you also need another battery charger

The stock battery charger will work fine for any 3s lipo battery you use in your phantom. I've been buying Zippy batteries from Hobbyking.com, and they have worked great so far. I also have a separate charger that I purchased from them (originally for my RC car hobbby). This lets me charge 2 batteries at once, and gives me virtually no downtime on a busy fly day.

Yes, like TORtur3 said the charger should be able to charge other 3s battery using xt60 plugs.

But i would recommend for you to buy a lipo balancer, you can find one from 25 dollars on ebay.

I just bought one imax b6 on ebay (im sure there are other brands and models, its just an example) and i'm waiting for it to arrive, i hope it will give me some peace of mind as i hope it will be better for battery life, making them last longer.

Disco Volante said:
Yes, like TORtur3 said the charger should be able to charge other 3s battery using xt60 plugs.

But i would recommend for you to buy a lipo balancer, you can find one from 25 dollars on ebay.

I just bought one imax b6 on ebay (im sure there are other brands and models, its just an example) and i'm waiting for it to arrive, i hope it will give me some peace of mind as i hope it will be better for battery life, making them last longer.

Disco, the stock charger is a balance charger. That's why you plug the balance lead into it while you charge. You can also get a fairly nice balance charger for not a lot of money if you want to upgrade. I bought this one for general RC lipo charging and has worked great in conjunction with my stock phantom charger: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html
Note that this one also balances while it charges.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl