Battery flashing 1 bar, will not charge due to low voltage?

Reaction score
I haven't flown my P3 standard for couple years, I've been monitoring the battery voltage and it was still 2.5 bars. I went to fly it the other day and plugged it into the drone to see if it needed new firmware and it powered up then shut off. The battery now only shows one flashing bar and apparently it is too low and won't let the charger begin charging it. Is there a way to get some voltage into the battery to get it up enough to allow the charger to work? When plugging the battery into the charger it does the 1-4 flash a couple times, then flashes the 1st bar, then shuts off.

Reactions: Garyw and ItsFitz
I haven't flown my P3 standard for couple years, I've been monitoring the battery voltage and it was still 2.5 bars. I went to fly it the other day and plugged it into the drone to see if it needed new firmware and it powered up then shut off. The battery now only shows one flashing bar and apparently it is too low and won't let the charger begin charging it. Is there a way to get some voltage into the battery to get it up enough to allow the charger to work? When plugging the battery into the charger it does the 1-4 flash a couple times, then flashes the 1st bar, then shuts off.
Have this exact same issue with 4 P3S batteries. I bought 4 aftermarket batteries from eBay, but would love to get my other 4 working again. They are nearly new, just didn’t fly this drone for 2+ years.

When I crashed mine it sat for a long time waiting for new camera. Batteries did the same thing. Then I read some place Just leave them on the charger for a long time. I got lucky mine came back. Give that a try.

How long is a long time? I’ll give it a shot! Thanks!

Yep, I got one battery doing the same. So how long is a "long time" ?
I think after 6-7 hrs it started flashing back and forth all lights and charged up. The 2 batteries were the same and both came back to life

Ok. I’ll give it a go! Thanks so much!

Left 1 battery on charger in a Lipo Guard bag for safety for 36 hours…. Still flashing 1 green bar. ☹️

Didn't work for mine either. It's especially irritating because when it was in storage I checked it every month or so and the bars told me it was over 50% the whole time. But it only had enough juice to initialize the drone and then it shut off.

Same with me. It’s the one disheartening issue with the drone batteries that really gets my goat.

If you turn the battery on, not on the charger or in the phantom will it stay on?

Rod ..

1 of mine will turn on, show 1 green bar and then shuts off. There other 3 did the same thing, but have now discharged to completely dead again.

Frustrating having to add charge cycles to my lipo batteries but I charge/discharge every 4mo whether used or not, a few don't self discharge. Have so many I keep a chart. Eventually all lipos fail one way or another, not charging is the most common. Weardly more fail with low cycles than a lot. Like others, I've revived a couple sleepers (I've gotten with used drones) but not many. If it won't charge overnight, it's toast. I don't open to mess with the board.. or cells.

I’ll have to adopt that practice of regular charge cycles as well. I agree with the not opening the case to attempt some of the YouTube fixes I have found. Thanks.

Reactions: Capt KO
Frustrating having to add charge cycles to my lipo batteries but I charge/discharge every 4mo whether used or not, a few don't self discharge. Have so many I keep a chart. Eventually all lipos fail one way or another, not charging is the most common. Weardly more fail with low cycles than a lot. Like others, I've revived a couple sleepers (I've gotten with used drones) but not many. If it won't charge overnight, it's toast. I don't open to mess with the board.. or cells.
What’s the best way to discharge them on a scheduled discharge/recharge basis?

I charge mine every 30-45 days. Usually each battery is at the normal 50% discharge rate at that time. I also charge my controllers and Marco Polo tracker components then. Then I log it all in a flight file notebook I keep in the drone cases for future reference.

Reactions: ItsFitz
I will stay in touch on this thread.
I will be looking for some threads I remember.

Has anybody tried to power on the battery while its connected to the charger, or just before it gets power from the charger?

How do you have the Auto-Discharge set from the app per battery?

I will dig of some stuff when I can. :) 👌

Rod ..

I will stay in touch on this thread.
I will be looking for some threads I remember.

Has anybody tried to power on the battery while its connected to the charger, or just before it gets power from the charger?

How do you have the Auto-Discharge set from the app per battery?

I will dig of some stuff when I can. :) 👌

Rod ..
I’ve tried everything you have mentioned with the charger. Plug it in with battery attached and off….or on. Plug in charger, attach battery turn on. Or, attach battery and leave off. Nothing works. I get 1 flashing green bar no matter how long I leave it on the charger.

Thanks Rod!

Flying often, I set my discharge at 10 days if it's available, some new ones go 5 days automatically. As far as checking battery while charging, no not recommended. If sitting LONG time, I wouldn't check charge before charging, can be kiss of death. Charge lights will tell the tale.

I have mine set to 10 days too. But I didn’t fly this particular drone for 2 years and the batteries went to zero.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl